Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Pulls Spark Drone From Online Store to Make Room for Mavic Mini
1602 31 2019-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ssylca44
Captain
Flight distance : 118343 ft
Canada

Is it true?

https://dronereviewsandnews.com/dji-pulls-spark-drone-from-online-store-to-make-room-for-mavic-mini/
2019-10-22
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 10875909 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Spark hasn't been in DJI's US version of their store for at least a couple of months, and maybe longer.  
2019-10-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 3810279 ft
Thailand

I am waiting to see it in real.
But this sounds promising, how reliable is this guy?:

2019-10-22
Use props
ssylca44
Captain
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 10-22 10:53

Very interesting, thank you.
2019-10-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Thailand

Indeed, very interesting. ;-)
2019-10-22
Use props
ssylca44
Captain
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 10-22 11:46
Indeed, very interesting. ;-)

Do you believe in flight time and weight?
2019-10-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Thailand

ssylca44 Posted at 10-22 12:11
Do you believe in flight time and weight?

I'll wait and see.
2019-10-22
Use props
nilanjan118
First Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

Will the "Cinematic mode" be available on it?
2019-10-22
Use props
MartyTravels
First Officer
Flight distance : 346722 ft
Thailand

OMG, that sound too good to be true. 30 mins of flight time in a mini drone below 250g? Well, maybe DJI can make it happen...would be nice.
2019-10-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Thailand

Mind blowing would be also the price of 499 for a combo.
If such info from the video is just "almost" right and the bird is still "rockstabil" midair, I have doubts that DJI can produce as much of these RCsized-249g-2.7k-20ishminute-drones, as they could sell alone before x-mas!
So they hopefully have stocked them, already!

Lets hope it is "the next big thing" of DJI.
Closely followed by the mavic 3, perhaps?
2019-10-22
Use props
dansmar
First Officer
Flight distance : 330121 ft
United States

So long Spark, it was a good run
2019-10-23
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 2982907 ft
  • >>>
United States

They've pulled the Spark since the Skydio 2 preorder.  Maybe their manufacturing plant needed a couple million in renovations to keep alive, instead, they've scrapped the project and making a better competitor before Skydio becomes the norm.  Selfie drones could be everywhere like Smartphones were which isn't ideal when it crashes into your car.

Perhaps DJI is manufacturing Skydio parts so they need the resources.  The P4PV2.0 no longer gets sold but they use the P4 airframe for the Multispectral and the RTK.

Maybe the reason why they don't go big to fulfill All orders is the US, China/Russia conflicts.  If something happens where logistics die, they burn money.  It's like when people are worried something bad would happen and not really invest in anything long-term and live day by day missing out with the other investors that invested into things that grew and reaped the rewards though not everyone is so fortunate.  Not everyone lives w/o issues on Earth.  A lot of planes and helicopter crashes have happened but you shouldn't live life too sheltered imo.
2019-10-23
Use props
JagerSpecs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69 ft
United Kingdom

Hope we hear something about this soon. Looks damn CUTE
2019-10-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 1809849 ft
Netherlands

We will see
2019-10-23
Use props
jyc
Captain
Flight distance : 1779836 ft
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 10-22 10:53

If this were to be true it would be a revolutionary aircraft.
2019-10-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Thailand

jyc Posted at 10-23 04:23
If this were to be true it would be a revolutionary aircraft.

And would  change my mind, about not "needing" another drone, yet.
Methinks
2019-10-23
Use props
Red Zeppelin
First Officer
Flight distance : 513885 ft
United Kingdom

The rumor mill and pie-in-the-sky guesses on the specs and features of the Mini have covered pretty much every eventuality, but it'll be nice when DJI finally confirm the hard facts.

If the prices, 4K and 30 minutes speculation are correct, it might just wrench me from my Spark, which I adore. It's been such an amazing entry point for me into aerial photography and video that it'll take something special for me to consider upgrading just yet.

The Skydio 2 looks incredible, but it's not really the kind of footage I'm looking to take at the moment and the distant availability rules it out anyway, especially outside of the US and Canada. I can only hope that DJI pulls something out of the bag with the Mini that's as impressive in it's own way.

Looking forward to the official announcement. HURRY UP!!
2019-10-23
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 10-23 01:30
They've pulled the Spark since the Skydio 2 preorder.  Maybe their manufacturing plant needed a couple million in renovations to keep alive, instead, they've scrapped the project and making a better competitor before Skydio becomes the norm.  Selfie drones could be everywhere like Smartphones were which isn't ideal when it crashes into your car.

Perhaps DJI is manufacturing Skydio parts so they need the resources.  The P4PV2.0 no longer gets sold but they use the P4 airframe for the Multispectral and the RTK.

The Spark was removed from the online DJI store far before the Skydio announcement.  In spite of what the recent articles say, the Spark hasn't been in the DJI store for probably at least a couple of months.  My guess is that they haven't manufactured any Sparks for many, many months and were only selling their existing inventory.

DJI manufacturing Skydio parts?  I think the chances of that are slim-to-none.  No way Skydio would want to rely on their only competition for their supply chain.  Makes no business sense at all in my opinion.

2019-10-23
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 10-23 07:55
The Spark was removed from the online DJI store far before the Skydio announcement.  In spite of what the recent articles say, the Spark hasn't been in the DJI store for probably at least a couple of months.  My guess is that they haven't manufactured any Sparks for many, many months and were only selling their existing inventory.

DJI manufacturing Skydio parts?  I think the chances of that are slim-to-none.  No way Skydio would want to rely on their only competition for their supply chain.  Makes no business sense at all in my opinion.

LG has been selling OLED TVs, but I think Samsung is the only one to manufacture OLED properly so they might have been paying Samsung to sell the TVs.  I haven't had an OLED long enough to know the problems.  I assume they get dimmer and start to change color as the older Samsung phones.  I'm not sure if they looked like that when I first got it because the newer phones look a lot better.
2019-10-23
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 10-23 08:00
LG has been selling OLED TVs, but I think Samsung is the only one to manufacture OLED properly so they might have been paying Samsung to sell the TVs.  I haven't had an OLED long enough to know the problems.  I assume they get dimmer and start to change color as the older Samsung phones.  I'm not sure if they looked like that when I first got it because the newer phones look a lot better.

Yes, Samsung makes the majority of LED and OLED screens on the market.  They also make the displays for the iPhones.

Sony also makes the sensors for a large portion of the camera market (including their competitors).

I very well could be wrong, but I still think DJI has 0% involvement with the Skydio parts chain.  
2019-10-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Thailand

KlooGee Posted at 10-23 07:55
The Spark was removed from the online DJI store far before the Skydio announcement.  In spite of what the recent articles say, the Spark hasn't been in the DJI store for probably at least a couple of months.  My guess is that they haven't manufactured any Sparks for many, many months and were only selling their existing inventory.

DJI manufacturing Skydio parts?  I think the chances of that are slim-to-none.  No way Skydio would want to rely on their only competition for their supply chain.  Makes no business sense at all in my opinion.

I agree!
Skydio assumingly has NO chance, to partner up with Parrot (Remote) AND DJI at the same time and for the very same product!
2019-10-23
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I saw the Skydio 2 videos way back and couldn't believe how good they were so I signed up for the list and got the preorder.  I was contemplating not to get but then eventually was like, if it's really good I will wait Months to get one so I preordered within the first 4 hours as procrastinating to not get it.
2019-10-23
Use props
SupCarlos
First Officer
Flight distance : 1160597 ft
United States

What advantages are they offering over the Air?
2019-10-23
Use props
jyc
Captain
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 10-23 05:32
And would  change my mind, about not "needing" another drone, yet.
Methinks

Ah ah, gear acquisition syndrome.
2019-10-23
Use props
MKPSG12
Second Officer
Flight distance : 304032 ft
United Kingdom

Will this FINALLY stop people banging on about a 'Spark 2'??
2019-10-24
Use props
BrianSC
First Officer
Spain

SupCarlos Posted at 10-23 12:09
What advantages are they offering over the Air?

Under 250gr. which means you can fly it almost anywere in many countries.
2019-10-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Thailand

MKPSG12 Posted at 10-24 01:23
Will this FINALLY stop people banging on about a 'Spark 2'??

I think, you are expecting toooo much, here!  
2019-10-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Thailand

jyc Posted at 10-23 21:07
Ah ah, gear acquisition syndrome.

Na, I never got/had  G.A.S.
Some Sparks , an Anafi, 2 Osmo, that 's just to do with basic needs and redundance.
Right?

2019-10-24
Use props
jyc
Captain
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 10-24 03:38
Na, I never got/had  G.A.S.
Some Sparks , an Anafi, 2 Osmo, that 's just to do with basic needs and redundance.
Right?

Right, just the necessities.
2019-10-24
Use props
Red Zeppelin
First Officer
Flight distance : 513885 ft
United Kingdom

Looks like the countdown has begun
2019-10-24
Use props
S-e-ven