Spark somehow damaged in repair cycle
758 6 2019-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa9a38fc9
New

United States

I have owned my Spark for a couple of years and have always treated it with kid gloves. I never took any chances with it so it was never crashed or even dropped for that manner. I would say the unit was flown less than two hours in it's life. I bought the protective carrying case where my Spark always remained when I wasn't using it. The reason I'm telling my drones life story is the last time I flew it in 2018 it worked great. I brought it with me when I moved to Florida and the first time I fired it up it required that I update the firmware in both the controller and the Spark which I immediately did. Following that I calibrated the compass and attempted to calibrate the IMU and it failed every single time. I tried everything and looked on the forums where i learned that I was not alone that in fact numerious users that had never suffered a crash or any trama with their drones were having this same IMU problem and the bottom line from online support was to return it to DJI. I returned the drone to DJI for repair and paid $74 to have the install a new IMU on the Spark. The turn around was pretty quiick, it took about a week and yesterday I was very excited when UPS returned my Spark but my excitement was short lived. When I unpacked the drone and inserted the battery and turned it on I was amazed to see the LED light on the right rear motor was not illuminating. When the drone was sent in for service this light was working perfectly and my heart sank a little bit because I knew I had to send it back. Whild I had it powered up I looked at the screen on the DJI Go and saw (Unable to take off). I looked a little further and saw that it said (4no EMC error try again and if problem persist return to DJI). At this point I now know that I have at least two problems that I'm aware of that happened in the course of the repair cycle. I might also mention that my Spark was shipped both ways in it's protective case and was very well packed with no indication of any trama during shippment so what ever happened was at the repair facility and not as a result of shipping. I called DJI yesterday and the guy on the phone wanted me to take a videp of the light not working and send that in to repair. I questioned why I needed to do that because I wouldn't lie about the light, it really wasn't working and the last thing I wanted to do was put the Spark back in the box and return it, but I sent the video as he requested. Now I'm waiting to see if DJI  is going to correct this error created on the last repair cycle or try and charge me for that. I really hope this goes well because i really like their products. I will post the outcome here on the forum.
2019-10-23
Use props
fansa9a38fc9
New

United States

Sorry the Spark error was (ECU) ...............not EMC as stated above....my mistake
2019-10-23
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Are you sure you got the same Spark back? Obviously, little care was taken during the repairs. Sorry for your troubles.
2019-10-23
Use props
fansa9a38fc9
New

United States

ssylca44 Posted at 10-23 06:47
Are you sure you got the same Spark back? Obviously, little care was taken during the repairs. Sorry for your troubles.

Yes it is the same Spark that I sent in, the numbers are the same. I'm thinking that whatever they did that caused the right rear light to not work is also linked to the error I'm receiving that will not allow it to take off.  I's still waiting to hear from DJI it's just now 9 am in Dallas
2019-10-23
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

fansa9a38fc9 Posted at 10-23 07:10
Yes it is the same Spark that I sent in, the numbers are the same. I'm thinking that whatever they did that caused the right rear light to not work is also linked to the error I'm receiving that will not allow it to take off.  I's still waiting to hear from DJI it's just now 9 am in Dallas

I hope that in the end, everything will work out for you.
One general word of advice when sending equipment for repairs: take as many pictures of the item before sending it. Just to make sure that it doesn't get damaged, either in transit nor at the repair depot.
2019-10-23
Use props
fansa9a38fc9
New

United States

DJI support just keeps emailing me and asking me questions that I answered in the original email to them such as " it this a problem with the IMU or the ECU, I clearly explained it was the ECU and the light on the right rear motor, How hard can that be to understand. They they ask if the motors will turn on and I had to explain that their product will not allow the motors to turn on with an ECU error .... So earlier this afternoon, about seven hours ago, I was told by support that they were preparing to send me a return label, I've seen nothing from then since. Now I wonder if they are actually going to ((snail) mail me a label. Truthfully after reading all the post about problems everyone is having out there I am becoming less impressed with DJI's products and support at every turn. When you pay the kind of money you do for a DJI drone it should simply work. From what I'm seeing there are far too many failures occurring out there and many are not associated with a crash or trauma  as was the case with the IMU repair on my Spark. I am hoping for better news tomorrow, I will keep you posted.
2019-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I managed to get your case number via the forum information. This case has been escalated to the management for further assistance, they'll review and contact you during working time soon. We'll keep an eye on it as well.
2019-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules