Osmo Mobile vs Osmo Pocket
2557 16 2019-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Udo13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

As you walk, the Osmo Pocket always makes small pitching movements.
In my opinion, this is not so pronounced in Osmo Mobile. Or am I wrong about it? I will test again on a longer track.

Here's a try with iPhone Pro Max in conjunction with Osmo Mobile.

2019-10-23
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

That is very smooth !  But I would expect this combination to be better than the pocket.   The osmo mobile & phone is heavier hence more stable, then you also have two forms of stabilisation , ie the gimbal and the inbuilt iPhone stabilisation.
2019-10-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Amazing video! Great work. Thanks for sharing.
2019-10-23
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

If I was going to film with my phone, I would not have gotten the OP, I would have gotten a phone gimbal. The point of the OP is the form factor and the fact that it's does not attract stares.
2019-10-23
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

Wiz33 Posted at 10-23 10:50
If I was going to film with my phone, I would not have gotten the OP, I would have gotten a phone gimbal. The point of the OP is the form factor and the fact that it's does not attract stares.

Yes, I see that exactly the same way.
However, I have owned the Osmo Mobile for several years and have recently used it exclusively for shooting in confined spaces (small Rooms) with my YI4k Plus. The advantage was the large wide angle of the YI4k Plus, twice as big as the Osmo Pocket.

Now I will do it with my iPhone 11 Pro Max, but only in this cases.
2019-10-24
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

Here is a supplement.
I only published these outdoor shots here because I noticed that there are hardly any pitching movements on the iPhone with Osmo Mobile.However,

I do not intend to do similar outdoor shots in the future with the iPhone and Osmo Mobile,

but I will continue to use my Osmo Pocket.
2019-10-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

What app did you use to film?
Mind that the iPhone has internal stabilization as well!
2019-10-24
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Udo13 Posted at 10-24 00:24
Yes, I see that exactly the same way.
However, I have owned the Osmo Mobile for several years and have recently used it exclusively for shooting in confined spaces (small Rooms) with my YI4k Plus. The advantage was the large wide angle of the YI4k Plus, twice as big as the Osmo Pocket.

I see. I do have an Osmo Action so I can see getting a small gimbal setup for that (The OA's electronic stabilization should take care of the Z axis).
2019-10-24
Use props
David_Harry
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Udo.

I like the footage off the iPhone especially the wide field of view.

All footage will show some amount of vertical movement unless you use something like a steady cam.

If the 11 is like previous iPhones, it has stabilisation that can not be switched off. iPhone stabilisation added to gimbal stabilisation will help reduce vertical movement. Also, with the shorter focal length or wider FOV, this will also lessen the effect of vertical movement.

Although I prefer the wide FOV of the 11 and think it has a fantastic picture, I personally prefer shooting with something that is a dedicated camera. I used to shoot a lot on phones, I still have two gimbals gathering dust in a cupboard.

My favourite small camera ever for pure picture is the Yi 4K+, which you also use, If the 4K+ has better stabilisation and a good mic input it would be perfect for me.

I can’t remember if I played you the Yi footage I done after modifying its lens for macro shooting. Here it is below and also a pop promo I made with an iPhone 5.

Cheers,
Dave.

2019-10-24
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 10-24 01:46

Only with the Apple APP
2019-10-24
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 10-24 01:46

Only with the Apple APP
2019-10-24
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

David_Harry Posted at 10-24 13:24
Hi Udo.

I like the footage off the iPhone especially the wide field of view.

Hi Dave, yes I also will use only the ultra wide lens of the iPhone 11 Pro with Osmo Mobile.
2019-10-24
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

"The osmo mobile & phone is heavier hence more stable, then you also have two forms of stabilisation , ie the gimbal and the inbuilt iPhone stabilisation"

Back when the original Osmo Mobile was released, I came across a couple videos where they demonstrated that the iPhone's stabilisation actually created some "jerky" video, resulting from the Osmo and phone "fighting" each other...
2019-10-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Udo13 Posted at 10-24 13:37
Only with the Apple APP

Like the Go4 app, or the apple camera app?
2019-10-24
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 10-24 23:05
Like the Go4 app, or the apple camera app?

the apple camera app
2019-10-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Udo13 Posted at 10-25 03:29
the apple camera app

Than you have the apple stabilization as well
2019-10-25
Use props
fans7bc58036
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2313 ft
United States

Is the iPhone 13 compatible with the first generation Osmo Mobile?  I am not able to connect with bluetooth.
2021-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules