Weird problem with Mavic 2 Pro smart controller + drifting
1962 8 2019-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Krxon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 114055 ft
Croatia

Hello.  I have weird problem with my Mavic 2 Pro smart controller. Every so,  randomly based, when powering up controller it starts beeping and it  shows "Stick Error". It continues to beep untill I fiddle with sticks.

As  advised I tried to calibrate it. After entering calibration mode, I can  see that right stick shows small percentage in either up or down axis.  Never both.

So when I move it up or down and release it doesn't go to zero, it stays at 5-25%.

Weird  part: If I dont touch right stick, when moving left stick up or down,  up and down values on right stick also changes from 5 to approx 50%.

What could be the reason for this behavior?

How come that moving left stick also changes value on right stick? When it does this, calibrating doesnt help.

Resime:

- Controller starts beeping when firing up in like 3 of 10 flights.

-  After beeping stops, I can launch but, drone drifts forward or  backward, depends on my controller mood, when both sticks are up.

- Calibrating doesnt help

- It might happen when controller is both cold started or after it heats up when internal fan starts.

- It does this no matter of outdoor temp, between 15 and 30 temp Celsius

Main problem:

-  I would like to send controller to testing and to get replacement  because drifting is not acceptable. But in order to do so I would need  to wait whole month because our dealer in Croatia (Aviteh) doesn't offer  service for it, so controller must be sent somewhere in the EU, test it  and send replacement unit - if they also experience such behavior.  Which I doubt they would because it happens randomly. Also our drone  dealer dont offer replacement controller unit while Im waiting which is  bad for my business because my drone is useless without controller.

Drone  is basically new, purchased on end July, never dropped controller,  never abused it, it never got wet or something. I had less than 50  flights with it, all under perfect dry conditions. Both drone and  controllers were securely stored in Manfrotto photo bag when not in use.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Regards

2019-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Have you or can you do a factory reset on dji assistant ?
2019-10-23
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi Krxon,

Unfotunately to me it seems like HW issue probably with right stick, just to confirm is there anything connected to controller or nothing close to controller what could cause some kind of interfercne? As last resort did you tried hard reset controller- hold down power button over 10 seconds untill it will shut off hard?

David
2019-10-23
Use props
Krxon
lvl.2
Croatia

DH_Pilot Posted at 10-23 08:39
Hi Krxon,

Unfotunately to me it seems like HW issue probably with right stick, just to confirm is there anything connected to controller or nothing close to controller what could cause some kind of interfercne? As last resort did you tried hard reset controller- hold down power button over 10 seconds untill it will shut off hard?

Hi
Just to clarify, my controller is one which came with the drone, without screen.
Im using it with aluminum tablet holder and Nvidia Shield 8'' tablet, which is connected to bottom usb port. I also noticed that this tablet has magnets on one side for holding flip cover closed.
When mounted those magnets are approx 12 cm distanced from stick "balls".
Could those be the reason for mentioned problems?
No I did not perform hard reset yet. Should I?
Thanks, regards
2019-10-23
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Aha I was in impression it is smart controller - with screen. Yes magnets could be definitely problem I suggest to test with longer cable and put tablet more far from controller if it will work correclty then you will know you have interference with tablet/magnets. You could actually also test with different device phone or so.
2019-10-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to perform the RC calibration without the tablet holder that has a magnet on it? I'm afraid that this magnet caused the issue that's the reason why you are having this problem right now. You may also use a different mobile device as per our fellow member Dh_Pilot on post #5 to see if the problem persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-10-23
Use props
Krxon
lvl.2
Croatia

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-23 15:36
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to perform the RC calibration without the tablet holder that has a magnet on it? I'm afraid that this magnet caused the issue that's the reason why you are having this problem right now. You may also use a different mobile device as per our fellow member Dh_Pilot on post #5 to see if the problem persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hello
I did all suggested stuff and it still does it randomly. With tablet, or without it, with smartphone or without it, with holder or without it, with tablet or phone in close proximity or at 1m distance.
It seems that something is loose or not properly welded in the RC because of randomness factor when issue occurs.
Anyway, both RC and drone are sent to DJI center for close inspection
I'll post their findings when package arrives back.
Regards
2019-12-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Krxon Posted at 12-20 01:02
Hello
I did all suggested stuff and it still does it randomly. With tablet, or without it, with smartphone or without it, with holder or without it, with tablet or phone in close proximity or at 1m distance.
It seems that something is loose or not properly welded in the RC because of randomness factor when issue occurs.

Thank you for keeping us update. Our related department are now handling your unit and they will surely keep you posted via email. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-12-22
Use props
Forest159
New

United States

Hello I am having the same exact problem with two of my controllers. I have reset them and calibrated them 30 times and now the beeping when I turn it on every time is very annoying to me and my clients. Can we resolve this please
2020-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules