7831 6 2019-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dariavolkova
lvl.1

Russia

Hello!

I have a question regarding metadata from photos from the drone. For example:
    drone-dji:GimbalRollDegree="+0.00"        drone-dji:GimbalYawDegree="+32.30"   
    drone-dji:GimbalPitchDegree="+0.00"   
    drone-dji:FlightRollDegree="+4.00"   
    drone-dji:FlightYawDegree="+25.50"   
    drone-dji:FlightPitchDegree="-0.80"

Here I have pitch, roll, yaw from camera(Gimbal) as well as for drone (Flight). If GimbalRoll and Gimbal Pitch are zero, it means that horizon on photo is straight. Am I right? Or do I need to take into account FlightRoll and FlightPitch.

P.S I am currently doing project to figure out incline of the object based on photo. So knowing that photo is not crooked, I can find how staright object is.

2019-10-23
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

Shouldn't the gimbal roll and pitch have some value to compensate for flight roll and flight pitch? In your example,
So if gimbal roll and pitch is 0, the horizon cannot be straight.
It is just my interpretation. I may be wrong. Good luck with your project.
2019-10-23
Use props
dariavolkova
lvl.1

Russia

nilanjan118 Posted at 10-23 23:02
Shouldn't the gimbal roll and pitch have some value to compensate for flight roll and flight pitch? In your example,

Thank you for your reply!
Does it mean that if FlightRoll and FlightPitch are zero, only then we can say that the horizon is straight?
2019-10-24
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

dariavolkova Posted at 10-24 00:12
Thank you for your reply!
Does it mean that if FlightRoll and FlightPitch are zero, only then we can say that the horizon is straight?

FlightRoll and FlightPitch are zero would mean that the drone is not tilted and it is in a steady hover.
Could you tell me how you are checking the metadata from photos to get these values? Checking some of my pics may help in explaining how to relate this with the straightness of the horizon.
2019-10-24
Use props
dariavolkova
lvl.1

Russia

nilanjan118 Posted at 10-24 04:07
FlightRoll and FlightPitch are zero would mean that the drone is not tilted and it is in a steady hover.
Could you tell me how you are checking the metadata from photos to get these values? Checking some of my pics may help in explaining how to relate this with the straightness of the horizon.

Hi, and thank you again! I appreciate it cuz I really a bit messed up and need some help.

I check metadata of images I want to process by means of a python script extracting it. Then, based on this data i want to be able to say if a power line pole is tilted or not. In order to do so, I need to know if the drone camera was titled in any direction while it was taking a photo to address this error (tilt angle).

For all images Ive checked from Spark the values of Gimbal pitch and roll turned out to be 0, whereas angles of pitch and roll for drone obviously keep changing.  So, I simply want to make sure does what I do make any sense in a sense that I take into account only the Gimbal angle values and not the drone ones.
2019-10-24
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

dariavolkova Posted at 10-24 06:42
Hi, and thank you again! I appreciate it cuz I really a bit messed up and need some help.

I check metadata of images I want to process by means of a python script extracting it. Then, based on this data i want to be able to say if a power line pole is tilted or not. In order to do so, I need to know if the drone camera was titled in any direction while it was taking a photo to address this error (tilt angle).

That's an interesting project. As far as I my understanding goes, if FlightRoll and FlightPitch angles are not zero (meaning the drone is tilted), the gimbal angles should also have some value to compensate for the tilt of the drone and keep the horizon straight. What surprises me is the fact that you said the gimbal angles were zero in all cases. Are you sure the code you are using is returning the correct gimbal angles? You can offset the gimbal (pitch and roll axis) in settings to verify this.
2019-10-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Have you tried to do some pictures from a flat surface, instead of mid air?
And after do the same picture, and angle that surface, to compare data.
In case you wanna have more comparable data, do both first from the corner of a desk, facing an object on the ground, and after do the same by lifting the bird a meter up, over that first position, which needs the gimbal to be more downwards.

My guess is that the gimbal data "0" is just that, horizontal, correcting the flight position of the bird.
This (my guess) is b/c outside tripod and Pano (or cinematic in go4 mod 2.0) there is no active use of the upper cam angles. Nose too much down!
Remember the nodding, if getting on full speed in sport.
The gimbal is at the limit for the time, to get up to speed.
But in the end, the horizon is , swings back in the middle again.
Doing perhaps pictures every sec/2 sec during this manoever, will help you to see different meta data, to.

But I really think, taking pictured from an object with the bird "sitting" on an horizontal surface first, plus lifting the rear and the front of the bird after, will most likely get you the data you need.
2019-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules