Osmo Action audio level
7666 13 2019-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P3tr0man_DST
New

Belgium

Hi. I was wondering if there is a way to adapt the audio recording level on the Osmo Action?The possibilty excists on the Osmo Pocket but I cannot find it on the Osmo Action.

2019-10-24
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Show a photo  don't own a pocket.
2019-10-24
Use props
Sauliuslag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good question for DJI . No, you can't adapt audio level on Osmo action.
2019-10-24
Use props
P3tr0man_DST
New

Belgium

This is picture of the app for the Osmo Pocket. You can see volume amplification level. You can choose AUTO, LOW, MODERATE & HIGH.

It would be great to have this option with the action. Recording at auto level has caused me issue with audio clipping and with picking up unwanted noise when recording onboard in a rally car.
2019-10-25
Use props
ShivaAvula
lvl.1

India

This is a great feature to have. I do moto vlogging and most of the times my audio is getting clipped away. This never happened to me on gopro. Having this control In action would be so great.
2020-9-1
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

If we get mor then just a few members and people to get in on a post then that will happen.
2020-9-2
Use props
BoozaWooza
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I agree would be a great addition
2020-9-2
Use props
Schmoof
lvl.2
United States

P3tr0man_DST Posted at 2019-10-25 06:35
[view_image]

This is picture of the app for the Osmo Pocket. You can see volume amplification level. You can choose AUTO, LOW, MODERATE & HIGH.

Please check out this demo video I made... hopefully DJI will take this seriously if they realize how bad the issue really is

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=225521
2020-9-27
Use props
Schmoof
lvl.2
United States

I submitted this request via a support ticket as well, will update if I hear anything...
2020-10-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

OA2 more likely good to know its  fed to DJI soon we'll here a C/P resposne
2020-10-11
Use props
Manguz
lvl.2
United States

Agree this would be a great feature to add.
2020-11-6
Use props
treece114
New
United States

I'll throw in on here. On the latest update (.40) using a SONY ECMCS3 stereo mic with the OSMO mic adapter. I motovlog. Have also tried with the Purple Panda lapel mic. Finally added a VolBox to help, but still finding that the cam cuts audio on what appears to be the basis of volume overload. That's what happens when you get it to stop clipping, it goes the other way. Real simple issue - the OSMO Action MAJORLY overamplifies the external mic signal.

100% need the audio amplification setting from the Pocket on the OSMO. The camera is basically worthless without such a basic feature. Not the OA2, the OA1.
2021-3-31
Use props
djiuser_x0zbx0GsyFYo
New
United States

Schmoof Posted at 2020-9-27 18:38
Please check out this demo video I made... hopefully DJI will take this seriously if they realize how bad the issue really is

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=225521

I agree this needs to be a feature added to the osmo action the audio is super low not being angle to boost the mic makes the audio basically useless and most important feature in a video is the audio
2021-6-18
Use props
djiuser_x0zbx0GsyFYo
New
United States

treece114 Posted at 3-31 16:00
I'll throw in on here. On the latest update (.40) using a SONY ECMCS3 stereo mic with the OSMO mic adapter. I motovlog. Have also tried with the Purple Panda lapel mic. Finally added a VolBox to help, but still finding that the cam cuts audio on what appears to be the basis of volume overload. That's what happens when you get it to stop clipping, it goes the other way. Real simple issue - the OSMO Action MAJORLY overamplifies the external mic signal.

100% need the audio amplification setting from the Pocket on the OSMO. The camera is basically worthless without such a basic feature. Not the OA2, the OA1.

I agree the osmo action is worthless without this feature i have recorded several videos outside and the audio during editing is so low even with rode video micro mic that i can barley boost the audio during editing to make it barley hearable there needs to be a boost feature to boost the db of the mic while talking on external mic with the offical osmo action mic adapter it just isnt enough on the loudness my gopros have the boost audio for non powered and powered mics why hasnt the dji osmo action gotten these features i have 3 hero 6 blacks i got hero 7 black and 2 hero 9 blacks from gopro untill this feature is fixed for the external mic on the osmo action i have to go back to using my gopros
2021-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules