12Next >
7882 52 2019-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Hello all,

I just updated my CrystalSky HB 7.85" monitor with version 1.6.1 of DJI Pilot so this is inconsistent with DJI claim that DJI Go 4 needs to be a different system or program to run on CrystalSky and they could make DJI Go 4 upgradable from the APK file used in every other Android device... I bet that this inability to install DJI Go4 from APK is a fictious blockage.

Another thing that DJI is lying about is the fact that allegadly DJI Go 4 can not have HD preview (1080p) and is only "powerful enough" and limited to 720p, BUT the Pilot app has an option for HD preview, and very obviously the resolution is higher in HD visible on screen, difference was easily visible as I was switching between "Regular" and "HD mode"...

Another fault that DJI Go 4 CS has is that it always says "Map loading" instead of the location, but DJI Pilot has the actual location in flight records....

DJI, why do you LIE to your customers who spend the extra money on premium hardware and keep us neglected? WHY? Please repair the bugs, enable HD preview and allow CrystalSky to install the latest DJI Go 4 App from the generic Android APK file and stop with your irritating repetative responses....

Very dissapointing DJI, very dissapointing.

Attached are screenshots of my CrystalScreen with DJI Pilot with the Video options for HD and the version of Pilot.

Screen

Screen

IMG_2766.JPG
2019-10-24
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Anyone Rooted their CS????

I think that once CrystalSky becomes far behind the Android version of DJI Go 4 app, it'll be time to root CrystalSky and just install the generic Go4 that is on phones...
Once rooted, the CS DJI Go4 will no longer be limited to DJI lazyness, unprofessionalism and neglect....

Looking online there are more and more people doing it successfully. For those who are worried to root it with the command prompt, stand by, there is a nice automated GUI based rooting system that will pop up soon enough.

I'm very tempted to do this to my CS.. and give it another year of no updates or DJI releasing the restriction of using generic APK, I will do it... Once successful I will post detailed instructions on the procedure.

Has anyone here tried this yet?

2019-10-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi mAIRs, DJI Go 4 APP cannot be updated via APK file, the built-in APP is spacially designed for CrystalSky, it is different from the normal DJI Go 4, if there is any update, we will notify via the CrystalSky.
We never claimed CrystalSky supports 1080p live view in DJI Go 4 since CrystalSky was released, sorry for any inconvenience caused.
If the GPS signal is weak at the starting point of the flight trace, the flight record will show map loading. If the GPS signal is not good at the point of the flight trace, the GPS coordinates cannot be accurately recorded. In this way, the server cannot load the takeoff position normally and the map is always in the loading mode.
2019-10-25
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

That is all wrong Mindy... This is lies again or you simply do not understand english... you need to read what I have written more carefully....

DJI has stated that CrystalSky CAN NOT preview HD (1080p) due to hardware limitation and thats why it's limited to 720p.. BUT DJI Pilot has NO PROBLEM with 1080p HD preview on the CrystalSky... as shown in the photo of my CS screen, option selected to HD and this is CrystalSky with DJI Pilot 1.6.1.

As far as CrystalSky DJI Go 4 being a special version is obvious but it doesn't need to be and is a deliberate slap in the face of CS users by DJI, again proven by DJI Pilot generic android app being compatible with CrystalSky with NO PROBLEMS... Seems like DJI is causing such restrictions on DJI Go 4 on the CrystalSky to upset the CS users on purpose and, perhaps, to force us to abandon the CrystalSky and buy the Smart Controller?.. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.. you're pushing your customers away with such behaviour... UNLOCK the CrystalSky Firmware to allow installation of DJI Go 4 APK just like its with DJI Pilot and all of the people disappointed and angry with DJI will be satisfied....  You were able to do it with the Smart Controller so stop playing this game with CS users... this is simple.

The Map Loading is happening with a strong GPS signal on CrystalSky version of Go4 but, again, NOT on DJI Pilot which is fine... ANOTHER Bug in the flight records on CS DJI Go4 is that the total flight time is NOT ADDED up correctly!!!

With a firmware update CrystalSky can be made to run the latest Go4 APK so just unblock this restriction.... you're losing customers... what is the point of needing to write two different apps for Android based devices.. CrystalSky and all of the rest.

There will be a lot of CS monitors that will be rooted eventually and we will run generic APKs so you might as well get in first and you wont continue to look like the bad guy, right now you look like you're trying to trick people into buying the Smart Controller.

Mindy, I'm sure that I'm not the only one (by far) by saying that AT this point in time, this neglect by DJI on your customers with a professional and premium device like the CrystalSky has left us so disappointed and angry that I personally will NEVER buy another DJI product again. BUT DJI can still fix this... its up to you... Ultimately I can sell by Mavic 2 with the CS and accessories as a package and forget about this DISAPPOINTMENT of a company DJI was... After all, it still works its just buggy and lagging in updates and theres always the option to use non DJI tablets and phones, devices that are actually supported.
I think new drones coming out from your competitors are just as good, Skydio 2, is an example...but whatever, it's pointless talking to you or DJI, you never listen just respond with the same copy & paste responses and DON'T EVEN understand what the original post says... YOUR RESPONSE IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE.
2019-10-25
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

I’m with you, Rooting the Crystalsky might be the only way to get it updated at this point, it’s apparent that DJI has orphaned the CS and all its owners. If you find a solution I’ll be happy to try it.
2019-10-25
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Archangel3356 Posted at 10-25 06:42
I’m with you, Rooting the Crystalsky might be the only way to get it updated at this point, it’s apparent that DJI has orphaned the CS and all its owners. If you find a solution I’ll be happy to try it.

When I do it I'll definitely be sharing my experience with it... for the time being have a look at "No limit drones", there is a step by step instruction on how to do it... https://nolimitdronez.com/CN/boa ... ing-dji-crystal-sky

Personally I'm sick of DJI bullcrap and the artificial locking of DJI Go 4 on the CrystalSky only because they want to force people to abandon the CS and buy the Smart Controller... pathetic business model... they obviously only want CrystalSky used for enterprise purposes hence why DJI Pilot has NO restrictions in resolution or installation on the CrystalSky. DJI Go 4 needs to be a special version but DJI Pilot is OK with the generic Android APK... What a load of... Next there's a Firmware update for the CrystalSky to block DJI Pilot from being installed on CS from the APK to try and hide this fact from the masses... I wonder what that sounds like, not very community friendly ;-) haha

The Skydio 2 was released and looking at the reviews about it on Youtube I like what I see. I think that this is the way to go for the future and it will knock DJI off the pedestal sooner than later... helped by government security paranoia related to Chinese products and media exposure. But the functionality of Skydio 2 is impressive so it'll sell itself...

Another plus with changing to a American drone company is that they actually understand english... have a look at my other post "DJI or DJ-Lie?" exposing the BS peddled by DJI... DJI Mindy completely missed what I wrote and "answered" what was not asked... either she's dyslexic, ignorant, her english is extremely poor or it's some kind of pathetic attempt to try to turn other users attention elsewhere...

I'm sick of DJI, it's a pity since they have good hardware, but rubbish support with buggy software.

Checkout Skydio 2, I think you'll be surprised too.
2019-10-25
Use props
fans41f3800c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 529836 ft
  • >>>
United States

Classic slack ass DJI. Same old same old. Can’t wait for the Japanese to start making drones. They will make DJI products look like child’s play!!
2019-10-27
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

fans41f3800c Posted at 10-27 04:23
Classic slack ass DJI. Same old same old. Can’t wait for the Japanese to start making drones. They will make DJI products look like child’s play!!

Lazy, incompetent morons... USA has started to introduce rules which specifically target DJI drones as security risks... True or not, I don't care, but what ever ground these DJI drones in the west and sees the demise of DJI, to open the market for USA, European or Japanese drones and products.
Did you notice that the DJIGo app transmits data as soon as you run it and periodically during then time you run it... Even when you have all sending permissions disabled..What is it sending? There is definitely something with this security risk.
Think about it, your flight records keeps 4 photos in it database, send it to DJI along with GPS coords so they can give those photos to the commie government and that's how they collect visual records... Among the tens of millions photos they collect, there is bound to be some sensitive photos of interest to the enemy.
2019-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mAIRs Posted at 10-25 05:15
That is all wrong Mindy... This is lies again or you simply do not understand english... you need to read what I have written more carefully....

DJI has stated that CrystalSky CAN NOT preview HD (1080p) due to hardware limitation and thats why it's limited to 720p.. BUT DJI Pilot has NO PROBLEM with 1080p HD preview on the CrystalSky... as shown in the photo of my CS screen, option selected to HD and this is CrystalSky with DJI Pilot 1.6.1.

We totally understand your frustration and are sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience, I just explained the current situation, it is not a copy and paste but all the info we have currently.
Your complaint has been escalated to our engineers for further attention, we will keep you updated once we get more info from them.
2019-10-28
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-28 03:51
We totally understand your frustration and are sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience, I just explained the current situation, it is not a copy and paste but all the info we have currently.
Your complaint has been escalated to our engineers for further attention, we will keep you updated once we get more info from them.

Hello Mindy,
I'm surprised that you responded at all, but its more of the same.. "escalated to our engineers" doesnt mean much since things have been escalated to engineers ever since I owned thie CrystalSky... but I hope you and your engineers can become genuine in helping us CS users.
If that the information you were given than you're not given all of the info... just tell your "engineers" to just unlock the CrystalSky firmware so that the generic Android APK can be installed since no one believes that a "Android Tablet" like the Crystal Sky needs "SPECIAL" version to work, when DJI PILOT generic app works with the CS with NO PROBLEMS... the smart controller had its firmware recently unlocked, so why not do the same for CS... stop playing your CrystalSky users for chumps (who spent a premium on you professional product.

The CS update requests are as follows:
Unlock the firmware of CS to accept generic Android APK DJI Go 4 updates, this will future proof against such complaints of CrystalSky update neglect. Doing this will stop CS users from looking to root their monitors.

Although not crucial, the DJI Pilot works with the CrystalSky in HD mode for preview without problems so enable this option (which would be there as an option when the generic android app is installed). If anyone has issues with HD than they have them selves the option to revert to Normal Mode.

The latest features in DJI Go 4, like battery connection detection and discharging after a certain amount of days would be great, just do stuff up the code an introduce a bug that think that the battery is disconnected when its not and the drone falls out of the sky.

Fix the "MAP LOADING" on flight records.

Fix the Total Flight time added in Flight Records, currently the total flight amount is wrong.

Fix the bug that when WiFi is enabled for hot spotting, the signal drops out at a short distance.. when Wifi is OFF I do not have any connection issues.

To me it seems like unlocking CrystalSky for generic Android DJI Go 4 would solve most is not all of the bugs with the CS DJI Go 4....

I noticed that Crystal Sky 5.5 & 7.85" HB monitors are "Out of Stock" but the Ultra bright is still sold... I suspect that DJI is no longer going to be selling the CrystalSky monitor, and are just selling their remaining stock of Ultrabright models... if that is true than this is another reason to UNLOCK CrystalSky since if support was so terrible when it was produced, that once it's no longer sold that there will be NO SUPPORT AT ALL.

Please support your CrystalSky customers.

Looking forward to a positive outcome.

2019-10-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Said it before.   Every owner of a CrystalSky should have gotten a follow on to CS for free.  
CrystalSky was sold as a Professional product.  But it was not designed or supported as.

2019-10-28
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

This is getting ridiculous waiting for an update. If I want to use my DJI UAV’s to their full potential I need to put away my DJI’s cream of the crop Crystalsky display and use my iPhone. This is crazy! Why are you doing this to loyal customers?  Come on people it can’t be that hard or take this long. Coming to the end of my rope with this product.
2019-10-28
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Archangel3356 Posted at 10-28 06:29
This is getting ridiculous waiting for an update. If I want to use my DJI UAV’s to their full potential I need to put away my DJI’s cream of the crop Crystalsky display and use my iPhone. This is crazy! Why are you doing this to loyal customers?  Come on people it can’t be that hard or take this long. Coming to the end of my rope with this product.

DJI has no honour... once they have your money, they do not want to know you.. especially if your a westerner... they hate us as much as they love our money...

Notice that the 5.5" and 7.85" HB CrystalSky monitors are "out of stock" on their web site.. one of two things is happening here... either there are a lot of CrystalSky monitors out there, so wheres the support for all of the loyal CS users or they're stopping production... which means zero support guaranteed for CS from the worlds laziest "engineers" working for a company with the worst customer support that ever existed...

All we can hope for is for a firmware update that releases the lock that stop generic android APK from installing on the CS or rooting the device and installing latest DJI Go 4 on CS this way.
2019-10-28
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I did, but restored it to factory soon after since all the lag when flying made it worthless
2019-10-29
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Hey DJI, is the CS discontinued?

DJI,

Same as the title, is the CrystalSky discontinued?
2019-10-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. The DJI CrystalSky is not listed on our End of Life list of products. Therefore, the after-sales service is still available and also the unit is available on our store website. Should you have any inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-10-30
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-30 08:52
Hi, thank you for reaching out. The DJI CrystalSky is not listed on our End of Life list of products. Therefore, the after-sales service is still available and also the unit is available on our store website. Should you have any inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your continued support!

Believe me that my "support" for DJI has fallen and is almost non existent due to the CrystalSky updates neglect by DJI.

When will CrystalSky be updated to the latest DJIGo4? Will it ever be unlocked to install Generic Android GO4 app so that we can be up to date at the same time with the Android phone users?
2019-10-30
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Swedrone Posted at 10-29 04:40
I did, but restored it to factory soon after since all the lag when flying made it worthless

Interesting that Go4 would slow down so much... Flying the M2 with DJI Pilot, which is a generic android version, on CrystalSky seems perfect.. smooth in operation... I'd expect Go4 to behave the same once CS was rooted....

2019-10-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

mAIRs Posted at 10-30 13:07
Believe me that my "support" for DJI has fallen and is almost non existent due to the CrystalSky updates neglect by DJI.

When will CrystalSky be updated to the latest DJIGo4? Will it ever be unlocked to install Generic Android GO4 app so that we can be up to date at the same time with the Android phone users?

Hi, thank you for the additional information and we're sorry for the trouble. We don't have the exact date when will be the next version of the DJI Go 4 application be available on the DJI CrystalSky. However, we will take this concern of yours as a suggestion and will forward this to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-10-31
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-31 16:36
Hi, thank you for the additional information and we're sorry for the trouble. We don't have the exact date when will be the next version of the DJI Go 4 application be available on the DJI CrystalSky. However, we will take this concern of yours as a suggestion and will forward this to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Yeah yeah more empty words... I don't believe you and what I understand is that DJI is neglectful, programmers are lazy and DJI has no honor or respect for its customers.
As far as support is concerned, I have as much support for DJI as you have to your customers.

2019-10-31
Use props
Lickitysplit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6804619 ft
United States

The UB is listed as discontinued at B&H
2019-11-1
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Lickitysplit Posted at 11-1 14:13
The UB is listed as discontinued at B&H

Not surprising since the only thing you get for the extra $500 is a brighter back light, no extra heat dissipation which resulted in a 75% failure rate... heat up of the CPU is most likely the reason for the UB slow operation.. typical Chinese quality engineering... the HB models have none of the issues and a low failure rate... these are listed as out of stock and not as discontinued... but who knows...
If DJI releases CrystalSky 2 with the current stigma attached to it than they're are either stupid or think that their customers are suckers.
2019-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mAIRs Posted at 10-28 05:51
Hello Mindy,
I'm surprised that you responded at all, but its more of the same.. "escalated to our engineers" doesnt mean much since things have been escalated to engineers ever since I owned thie CrystalSky... but I hope you and your engineers can become genuine in helping us CS users.
If that the information you were given than you're not given all of the info... just tell your "engineers" to just unlock the CrystalSky firmware so that the generic Android APK can be installed since no one believes that a "Android Tablet" like the Crystal Sky needs "SPECIAL" version to work, when DJI PILOT generic app works with the CS with NO PROBLEMS... the smart controller had its firmware recently unlocked, so why not do the same for CS... stop playing your CrystalSky users for chumps (who spent a premium on you professional product.

Thanks for your patience, we've received feedback from our engineers.We will release new firmware recently to optimize the CrystalSky and DJI Go 4 will be updated as well.
The reason why the built-in DJI Go/DJI Go 4 doesn't support 1080P image transmission is they support Peaking Threshold and Overexposed and so on, when they are enabled, the image transmission will lag and stuck. For better performance, the built-in DJI Go/DJI Go 4 doesn't support 1080P image transmission. While DJI Pilot supports it because it doesn't have these features.
For other issues you mentioned, it is recommended to update to the latest version when the new firmware is released, appreciate your understanding.
2019-11-2
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-2 03:30
Thanks for your patience, we've received feedback from our engineers.We will release new firmware recently to optimize the CrystalSky and DJI Go 4 will be updated as well.
The reason why the built-in DJI Go/DJI Go 4 doesn't support 1080P image transmission is they support Peaking Threshold and Overexposed and so on, when they are enabled, the image transmission will lag and stuck. For better performance, the built-in DJI Go/DJI Go 4 doesn't support 1080P image transmission. While DJI Pilot supports it because it doesn't have these features.
For other issues you mentioned, it is recommended to update to the latest version when the new firmware is released, appreciate your understanding.

Thanks for the message.

Mindy you have delivered some good news and some hope to us CS users with this statement, if DJI releases an uptodate Go4 version which fixes the bug in CS Go4 it will make a lot of CS users very happy...
Of course we're hoping that new bug don't show up.. but that will be seen...

As far as your explanation of the reason why CS doesn't support 1080P, I have no reason not to believe you, and honestly it would make sense that the extra processing for peaking might create lag in the Go4 responsiveness... but what about if the peaking is turned off? Is is possible to have 1080P enabled for when peaking is disabled? What about having 1080P available for the user to determine whether the lag is too great and have the choice to switch to 720P??? This way it'll be on the pilot to decide which mode they work with, with which extra processing features (such as the peaking threshold etc)

The other feature which I found useful on my mobile that is not on the CS version, is two different warning battery levels to be set for BOTH the "low battery warning" and the "Critically low battery warning".. currently there is only a setting for critically low battery.. it was a good feature to set where I got a warning first at 40% than 30% during flight.

Have your engineers stated anything about the updates for CS being so far behind the Android releases??? is the new firmware of CS doing to unlock the restriction that stops from the generic Android Go4 from installing??

Looking forward to a smoothly bug free working Crystal Sky monitor, and hoping that it wont take much longer.

2019-11-2
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

Hallelujah !!  Now continue waiting......
2019-11-2
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

mAIRs Posted at 10-30 16:58
Interesting that Go4 would slow down so much... Flying the M2 with DJI Pilot, which is a generic android version, on CrystalSky seems perfect.. smooth in operation... I'd expect Go4 to behave the same once CS was rooted....

Me too but it was a terrible experienced, the frames froze for several seconds. Had to fly by guessing.
2019-11-2
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Swedrone Posted at 11-2 20:56
Me too but it was a terrible experienced, the frames froze for several seconds. Had to fly by guessing.

There has to be a way.... but DJI is about to release a firmware and Go4 update, allegadly, according to DJI Mindy... and it supposed to "optimize" the CS... so I'll see how that goes..
2019-11-3
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

The reason why the built-in DJI Go/DJI Go 4 doesn't support 1080P image transmission is they support Peaking Threshold and Overexposed and so on, when they are enabled, the image transmission will lag and stuck. For better performance, the built-in DJI Go/DJI Go 4 doesn't support 1080P image transmission. While DJI Pilot supports it because it doesn't have these features.

So we're still waiting.. I see that your answer was another text a lot LIE.... Hang on, "we will release new firmware RECENTLY"??? What?? What does that mean??, is this another meaning less answer with the pretence of poor english that is neither here or there??? yup...

2019-11-11
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

I’m beginning to think this update is never going to happen and we’re left with what we have. I would just hope someone from DJI could tell us the facts and not drag this misery of CrystalSky updates along any further than they have at this point. Just tell us so we can move on already. PLEASE !
2019-11-11
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Archangel3356 Posted at 11-11 07:03
I’m beginning to think this update is never going to happen and we’re left with what we have. I would just hope someone from DJI could tell us the facts and not drag this misery of CrystalSky updates along any further than they have at this point. Just tell us so we can move on already. PLEASE !

You're "beginning" to think?? I'm not holding my breath, I've already learnt my lesson and I will never spend another dollar on any DJI products again. I will inform as many people as I can with my experience of DJI support to steer as many away from experiencing the same kind of disappointment...
2019-11-11
Use props
Hover Hound
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36745 ft
South Africa

I wish DJI would just come out and state their policy on CS updates. Keeping the customer in limbo is not fair. They are obviously and deliberately keeping us in the dark.
2019-11-11
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

mAIRs Posted at 11-11 08:19
You're "beginning" to think?? I'm not holding my breath, I've already learnt my lesson and I will never spend another dollar on any DJI products again. I will inform as many people as I can with my experience of DJI support to steer as many away from experiencing the same kind of disappointment...

I just don’t think I’ve reached your level of frustration...yet. I have 3 DJI kits and all of them have 100s of miles of flight on them. Incredible technology in my opinion and no other manufacturers that I can find are making anything even close to what DJI turns out.  So because of that I’m willing to stick with them and hope their word is good, that an update is coming for CS. But YES, it’s extremely frustrating that they don’t update their flagship display before anything else.
2019-11-12
Use props
dydog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11627 ft
Congo Republic

For what it counts, I am one of the CS customer who has abandoned DJI because of it.
Not sure that this message is useful, but maybe adding a +1 to frustrated customers number could sensibilize DJI sooner or later. Maybe.....
2019-11-13
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

dydog Posted at 11-13 02:32
For what it counts, I am one of the CS customer who has abandoned DJI because of it.
Not sure that this message is useful, but maybe adding a +1 to frustrated customers number could sensibilize DJI sooner or later. Maybe.....
DJI is too arrogant to realize how much money they're losing due to disappointed customers... they just rely on new customers to keep the business running... there's a sucker born every day after all and it will keep the company cogs turning for a while but ultimately poor customer service and support is what eventually pushes a company into liquidation...
With the internet it happens faster than in the past...

Great pity since DJI drones are great hardware, it's the support that sux... so the next time I spend money on UAV gear, it will be with DJI competition... I'll fly and have fun with my M2 but when it comes time to upgrade, if my M2 still flies, than I'll sell it all and get all new accessories from the company that will take or eat into DJI market share.
2019-11-13
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

I posted this two posts down regarding the DJI Mavic Mini. I have several DJI drones and I bought the CS to work with all of them. They told me it was the tablet that would do so. Now I come to find out that the software for the Mavic Mini will not be on the CS and you can't put it on there? So now, what do i do, buy another tablet? I could have bought 5 Samsung Tablets for what i paid for the CS. One of the other guys said that "there is a sucker born everyday". He had that right as I am the sucker. I have been dealing with DJI customer service for 5 years since the Phantom 3 Standard. Like everybody says, "DJI makes great stuff but there customer service sucks." They still don't get it, Customer service is everything. If you don't have that , you have nothing.
I am buying the Skydio and am on the list. i really want an American Drone company to succeed. So far from the phone calls with them, they answer all questions and pick up the phone right away. It's not the canned DJI answer "So Sorry, we are looking into it and our engineers are working on it".
DJI if you are listening, if you lose the trust in your customer base, you are doomed to failure. If you want to know what you should be doing, you should ask your customers. But perhaps we should answer you with "So sorry, we are working on the answer" and not get back to you! With this company it's always one step forward  and two steps back.
2019-11-13
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 11-13 06:32
I posted this two posts down regarding the DJI Mavic Mini. I have several DJI drones and I bought the CS to work with all of them. They told me it was the tablet that would do so. Now I come to find out that the software for the Mavic Mini will not be on the CS and you can't put it on there? So now, what do i do, buy another tablet? I could have bought 5 Samsung Tablets for what i paid for the CS. One of the other guys said that "there is a sucker born everyday". He had that right as I am the sucker. I have been dealing with DJI customer service for 5 years since the Phantom 3 Standard. Like everybody says, "DJI makes great stuff but there customer service sucks." They still don't get it, Customer service is everything. If you don't have that , you have nothing.
I am buying the Skydio and am on the list. i really want an American Drone company to succeed. So far from the phone calls with them, they answer all questions and pick up the phone right away. It's not the canned DJI answer "So Sorry, we are looking into it and our engineers are working on it".
DJI if you are listening, if you lose the trust in your customer base, you are doomed to failure. If you want to know what you should be doing, you should ask your customers. But perhaps we should answer you with "So sorry, we are working on the answer" and not get back to you! With this company it's always one step forward  and two steps back.

There is a lot of people with cash to spend on toys that hear you and have moved in the same direction, jazzyjeff...
Whether it's a USA company, European or Japanese it doesn't matter, as long as it's no longer DJI... I'm with you on Skydio...

Don't expect anything from them, just spread the word about your DJI experience.

Anyway, I've given up... time to move on... you live and you learn.

BTW.. I'm sure that Litch will support MavicMini sooner rather than later.... so you'll be able to use your Mavic mini with your CS monitor until you move on to the Skydio.

2019-11-13
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

mAIRs Posted at 11-13 07:34
There is a lot of people with cash to spend on toys that hear you and have moved in the same direction, jazzyjeff...
Whether it's a USA company, European or Japanese it doesn't matter, as long as it's no longer DJI... I'm with you on Skydio...

Great point with Litchi. I have that on the Crystal Sky now. Thanks for the great idea!
2019-11-15
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

The reason why the built-in DJI Go/DJI Go 4 doesn't support 1080P image transmission is they support Peaking Threshold and Overexposed and so on, when they are enabled, the image transmission will lag and stuck. For better performance, the built-in DJI Go/DJI Go 4 doesn't support 1080P image transmission. While DJI Pilot supports it because it doesn't have these features.

Mindy, It has been weeks since your statement about the firmware and Go4 update release and still nothing.... you lied again, you people have no honor, no self respect and you're just a rude bunch.
2019-11-24
Use props
Hover Hound
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36745 ft
South Africa

I'm still trying to figure out what "recently" means in DJI Mindy's reply. Waiting for the update is like watching paint dry.
2019-11-26
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Hover Hound Posted at 11-26 00:29
I'm still trying to figure out what "recently" means in DJI Mindy's reply. Waiting for the update is like watching paint dry.

Don't bother trying to decipher their engrish, its all lies and a lot of words while saying nothing. I started to hate DJI.
2019-11-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules