Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 Battery - Class Action Lawsuit
1564 9 2019-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markfothebeast1
lvl.2

United States

Have you spent hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on Inspire 1 batteries and have had battery issues resulting in damage to your Inspire 1? I've tried my hardest to ask DJI to fix these problems and release firmware upgrades. I am tired of mysterious emergency landings when I recieve faulty voltage and battery indications. This is NOT how a product should function with thousands invested! I have calibrated batteries that have only had 10 or 15 cycles with the same results! I am currently discussing this with my attorney general (whom I'm very familar with) in hopes that DJI will come to a conclusive decision on repairing these problems and/or relative firmware issues that need to be resolved.

If you are frustrated with your Inspire 1 as well, please, I would like to know. I will be beginning this class action lawsuit if there's no resolution to the firmware upgrades. I understand that there are MANY out there with the same issue.
2019-10-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry to read and knew about the troubles you've had with your Inspire 1. We'll forward and seek the attention of the designated team for further assistance. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2019-10-26
Use props
WOW STUDIOS
New

United States

I have purchased a total of 10 batteries for the same drone and have found they do not last. I have taken every precaution in the book such as lowering the charge to 30%in order to travel etc.
2019-10-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Barricade yourself! The designated team of DJI ninja assassins is getting ready to assist you ...
2019-10-27
Use props
markfothebeast1
lvl.2

United States

Has there been fix for this? My Inspire 1 did an emergency landing that caused damage to a prop mount when it decided to do a sudden emergency landing on a fully charged battery just after take off.

Is there a hack to fix the battery cells? ANYTHING? I don't even see Inspire 1 parts on the DJI website. Is this model being swept under the rug?
2020-7-3
Use props
markfothebeast1
lvl.2

United States

It wasn't worth my time for the class action lawsuit. I can imagine that there are thousands of frustrated owners. The initial design of balancing a charge to each Li-Ion cell may be a fault.
2020-7-3
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm just now going through Inspire 1 battery issues....

2020-7-22
Use props
markfothebeast1
lvl.2

United States

Morrisson Posted at 7-22 08:46
I'm just now going through Inspire 1 battery issues....
Yes. This is really disappointing. DJI must have a hardware flaw and are unwilling to admit to it. Otherwise a firmware update would be capable of repairing the problem. It has to be a flaw in how the Li-Ion cells are charged, the cells themselves, or the hardware responsible for detecting the voltage in each cell during charging.

I'm going to dig in to one of these batteries and test each cell and see what's really happening here. I have many Chinese Li-Ion batteries and they tend to have a high failure rate or early death.
2020-7-24
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

markfothebeast1 Posted at 7-24 18:20
Yes. This is really disappointing. DJI must have a hardware flaw and are unwilling to admit to it. Otherwise a firmware update would be capable of repairing the problem. It has to be a flaw in how the Li-Ion cells are charged, the cells themselves, or the hardware responsible for detecting the voltage in each cell during charging.

I'm going to dig in to one of these batteries and test each cell and see what's really happening here. I have many Chinese Li-Ion batteries and they tend to have a high failure rate or early death.

I would be curious to hear/see your findings!

The battery issues I'm going through on my Inspire X5R is definitely brutal. And new batteries are costing me about $300 a pop...

...Yikes...
2020-7-24
Use props
markfothebeast1
lvl.2

United States

No kidding! It's pretty ridiculous. I think the price is the technology rather than the cost of materials.
2020-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules