CYNOVA 3.5mm Adapter Not as bad as everyone says.
1305 14 2019-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tactical Trvlr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 255407 ft
  • >>>
United States

In this video I test out the CYNOVA adapter for the Osmo Action. I dont get very technical in the video, however i do make a comparision of the on board mics versus the CYNOVA with my Rode Wireless Go. The adapter is clearly much better. Maybe I just got lucky and got a unit that works, but I certainly am not experiencing all the issues discussed on this board.
I think everyone needs to maybe lower their expectations just a bit. No matter what type of adapter, you can not expect studio quality audio from an action camera with a tiny 3.5mm adapter.

2019-10-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Exactly.    if it was a $300.00 mic  adapter then I understand, it's not.      
2019-10-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Tactical Trvlr. Welcome back. Thank you for sharing this amazing video you have created from Epcot Wine and Food festival 2019 and for sharing your experience in creating this video. The setup of your DJI Osmo Action is great and the steakhouse blended burger looks totally delicious. Great work. .
2019-10-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing this video. Thinking of buying the adapter.
2019-10-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice work!
2019-10-29
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great video, thanks for sharing
2019-10-29
Use props
Tactical Trvlr
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 10-28 20:37

The adapter has definitely made the Osmo Action a much better option for vlogging. I'm not sure why people are complaining so much about the audio quality. The audio is not professional studio quality, but what do they expect from a 40$ 3.5mm adapter on a 350$ action camera?
2019-10-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

If I   listen real close and I am sure its not me I got tapping sounds on the CYNOVA adapter, wait the DJI camera, wait the Mic, wait the whole set up not complainingbut working out my own issue.  get one but be warned if not happy and you're  purchasing outside DJI  good luck in returning.
2019-10-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Tactical Trvlr Posted at 10-30 05:20
The adapter has definitely made the Osmo Action a much better option for vlogging. I'm not sure why people are complaining so much about the audio quality. The audio is not professional studio quality, but what do they expect from a 40$ 3.5mm adapter on a 350$ action camera?

I agree
2019-10-30
Use props
Daymon W.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3131745 ft
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 10-28 20:37

did you get it?
2019-10-31
Use props
williehowe
lvl.4
United States

Did you have to shave some plastic off the cage (I have the same setup as you) to get the adapter to stay in properly?  Looks like that's what I'm going to have to do.  Audio is great with the adapter but getting it to stay with the cage is now the trick.
2019-10-31
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Not yet. I'm still debating on if I should get.
I'm hoping that DJI releases their own version.
2019-10-31
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good work!
2019-11-1
Use props
Tactical Trvlr
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

williehowe Posted at 10-31 12:15
Did you have to shave some plastic off the cage (I have the same setup as you) to get the adapter to stay in properly?  Looks like that's what I'm going to have to do.  Audio is great with the adapter but getting it to stay with the cage is now the trick.

I am using the PGYTECH cage and did not have to make any modifications to the cage at all.
2019-11-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

It's great to know that PGY, Cynova and DJI are one team making  the products work together
2019-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules