Bart64
lvl.2
United States

Hello Folks...

I'm at a loss here and hoping to find some guidance,
I have a P3/A with a GL300A TX.
For DJI Go i use an Ipad mini 2.

Issue:
Had not flown since the beginning of the year, last time up there were no issues.
Pulled the bird out of the box and could not get a connection to the Go app.
Tried various cables all to no avail. Installed the latest version of DJI Go, same result.
Ipad mini has OS 12.4.2.
There were some suggestions in the forums for re-linking...did that as well...no avail.
After continued searching and reading the forums here, it seemed that the USB connection on the TX was the likely culprit.
Went ahead and purchased a replacement usb module with hdmi, figured why not then I can increase my screen size.

Anyhow, module installed, powered everything up...still no dice. Ok perhaps a bad module...got another..same result...
Mind you all controls to the bird work, I can fly it but no I-pad / dji go connection.
Tried my cell phone (Iphone 6) same result.
It seems no matter what I've tried, I'm getting no where.

Is it the Ipad mini OS causing a problem?
Or the DJI go app? or both...
Also tried Litchi on both Iphone and Ipad ( I uninstalled the DJI apps to avoid conflict)...still no dice..

Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2019-10-28
Use props
Bart64
lvl.2
United States

I'm hoping perhaps someone from DJI can chime in as well, are there issues with the latest IOS and DJI Go?
2019-10-28
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I would reinstall the Dji Go app , a clean new install
2019-10-28
Use props
Bart64
lvl.2
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 10-28 23:01
I would reinstall the Dji Go app , a clean new install

Been there and done that several times....same result. Went as far as performing a factory reset on the I pad mini 2.......and re insstalling the Go app.
Same result...no connection.
2019-10-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Bart64 Posted at 10-29 02:09
Been there and done that several times....same result. Went as far as performing a factory reset on the I pad mini 2.......and re insstalling the Go app.
Same result...no connection.

Sorry by That ...hope some IOS user will help you
2019-10-29
Use props
Bart64
lvl.2
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 10-29 02:17
Sorry by That ...hope some IOS user will help you

Nothing yet... I had reached out to one of the DJI Moderators here on the forum but no response either...
2019-10-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I’m stumped as well. I’m now wondering if it’s got to do with the most resent iPad updates.
There have been several iPadOS improvements, beyond the major one, in the last couple of weeks.

Have you been keeping your iPad updated?

There was another one released today. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2019-10-30
Use props
Bart64
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 10-30 16:10
I’m stumped as well. I’m now wondering if it’s got to do with the most resent iPad updates.
There have been several iPadOS improvements, beyond the major one, in the last couple of weeks.

Yessir....up to date with the latest IOS version and DJI Go version.....
2019-10-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Bart64 Posted at 10-31 14:48
Yessir....up to date with the latest IOS version and DJI Go version.....

Then I am, not sure, what else to recommend.

Momentarily. . .

RedHotPoker
2019-10-31
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

If you can fly it and all the controls from the transmitter work, then there is an issue between the remote control transmitter and the iPad.   I'm pretty sure the iPad2 with iOS 12.xx is still supported, and if you have updated the app to the latest, then it should work.  Do you know what firmware you are running on the aircraft and remote?  There is a relationship between the three components, if you update one you generally need to update the others, you can't just update one component and expect everything to work.  You may need to perform a firmware update, but many people seem to recommend not updating if you don't need to.  Personally I've not had a problem updating but others report "issues" get introduced.  The only other thing I could recommend is trying different USB cables between the iPad and controller -- some work well and others have issues.  If it is the same one you always use, it may have been pinched or otherwise damaged.  It is an easy check if you swap it out and test with other cables.  This has been reported in the past as a reason for non-connection.
2019-11-1
Use props
Bart64
lvl.2
United States

endotherm Posted at 11-1 10:52
If you can fly it and all the controls from the transmitter work, then there is an issue between the remote control transmitter and the iPad.   I'm pretty sure the iPad2 with iOS 12.xx is still supported, and if you have updated the app to the latest, then it should work.  Do you know what firmware you are running on the aircraft and remote?  There is a relationship between the three components, if you update one you generally need to update the others, you can't just update one component and expect everything to work.  You may need to perform a firmware update, but many people seem to recommend not updating if you don't need to.  Personally I've not had a problem updating but others report "issues" get introduced.  The only other thing I could recommend is trying different USB cables between the iPad and controller -- some work well and others have issues.  If it is the same one you always use, it may have been pinched or otherwise damaged.  It is an easy check if you swap it out and test with other cables.  This has been reported in the past as a reason for non-connection.

Thanks for the reply...swapped cables many of times, bought new (genuine apple cables) but same result.
Latest software is on the bird...no idea on the controller as I cannot connect with the go app.
2019-11-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bart64 Posted at 11-2 12:35
Thanks for the reply...swapped cables many of times, bought new (genuine apple cables) but same result.
Latest software is on the bird...no idea on the controller as I cannot connect with the go app.

The iPad Mini 2 is getting a bit long in the tooth now, and may not be capable of running the DGI Go app any longer. If you have Litchi on you tablet, you might try and see if that connects.
2019-11-2
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Bart64 Posted at 11-2 12:35
Latest software is on the bird...no idea on the controller as I cannot connect with the go app.

Perhaps see if you can borrow a device later than an iPad2 or iPhone6 and eliminate that factor.  The only other thing I could suggest is that when you swapped out the HDMI module, the ribbon cable was pulled out of the connector on the controller motherboard.  It is fairly delicate in there.  This would necessitate carefully opening the controller to check to see if the ribbon cable is seated in the connector properly.  My first controller suffered damage to that connector on the motherboard from broken plastic bits floating around inside.  It is fairly delicate, and could easily have been tugged and the connections displaced when you swapped over the module..  The next step would be to suspect the controller itself, again see if you can borrow one to test proper operation.  You should be able to buy a replacement controller without too much trouble if it turns out to be the problem.
2019-11-3
Use props
Bart64
lvl.2
United States

endotherm Posted at 11-3 00:06
Perhaps see if you can borrow a device later than an iPad2 or iPhone6 and eliminate that factor.  The only other thing I could suggest is that when you swapped out the HDMI module, the ribbon cable was pulled out of the connector on the controller motherboard.  It is fairly delicate in there.  This would necessitate carefully opening the controller to check to see if the ribbon cable is seated in the connector properly.  My first controller suffered damage to that connector on the motherboard from broken plastic bits floating around inside.  It is fairly delicate, and could easily have been tugged and the connections displaced when you swapped over the module..  The next step would be to suspect the controller itself, again see if you can borrow one to test proper operation.  You should be able to buy a replacement controller without too much trouble if it turns out to be the problem.

Well I've purchased another controller. We'll see what it does when it comes in.
I'll report back when it's here.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.
2019-11-3
Use props
Dronewild99
lvl.2

United States

I am having the same issue with my Mavic Pro and Phantom 3 Pro and using an Iphone 6+ and Ipad Mini 2?  Help DJI!  This just started happening in October.  Used them in September with no issues.
2019-11-3
Use props
djiuser_A061ypMeeMcQ
lvl.1

Taiwan

Hello I treat my drone like a baby, never been dropped, never fly in the rain, battery cycle less than 10, and not even a scratch but just don't know what happened???

Can someone please help, I am in Taiwan.  
2019-11-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

If you let it sit dormant too long, you get the black screen

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... -on-ph3-pro.133487/

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... sistant-tool.77073/

Good luck
2019-11-5
Use props
Bart64
lvl.2
United States

Bart64 Posted at 11-3 05:38
Well I've purchased another controller. We'll see what it does when it comes in.
I'll report back when it's here.

Ok that solved the issue....bad controller. Replacing the USB board did not help so it must be something else inside the controller.
But I'm up in the air again with the replacement controller, so all is well.
Are there places that will / can fix these controllers (GL300A and GL300B)?
2019-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules