1892 23 2019-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

looks entirely legit as well.  something to note is the dji go 4 app appears to not accept mavic mini currently.  
2019-10-28
Use props
Kevin8701
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167982 ft

Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see.
2019-10-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

The best buy announcement mentioned a new app for controlling the drone.
2019-10-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting to see
2019-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Also interesting to see the weight mentioned on the box.
2019-10-29
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

So the fact that it will not feature anti-collision sensors seems to be true... bummer. I would prefer 20mn instead of 30mn of flight time and have at least sensors in the front.
i guess based on DJI approach, we will see all the bells & whistles including 4K with the PRO model.
2019-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

El Diabolico Posted at 10-29 02:08
So the fact that it will not feature anti-collision sensors seems to be true... bummer. I would prefer 20mn instead of 30mn of flight time and have at least sensors in the front.
i guess based on DJI approach, we will see all the bells & whistles including 4K with the PRO model.

Funny, I hope the 30 min is true.
I don't care about ac sensors at all (leave them off all the time)
Rather rely on me making sure I don't crash into something.
I never use the auto fly functions

But that is just me
2019-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

i guess based on DJI approach, we will see all the bells & whistles including 4K with the PRO model.

There are other things that will make me decide upon replacing my MP though.
And I'm afraid DJI did cut on those too.
- Physical dial for exposure changes on the remote.
- 25fps / 50fps recording
- Field of view (hope it is not too wide, so I can fly further away while getting a good shot)
- Connectivity with the controller
- Redundancy of the sensors
- AEB 5 mode.
- Flight modes (or ability to change EXP, Gain etc. )
- D-Cinelike color profile.
- Raw output
2019-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

But, for now the MM is not written off yet as my MP replacement
2019-10-29
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing, maybe there will be a new app
2019-10-29
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Montfrooij Posted at 10-29 03:19
And I'm afraid DJI did cut on those too.

I remember the spark also didnot have the european format , like 25fps
Hope this one has got it. If not The for me its too much hassle the edit the footage and will pass on buying it
2019-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

dronie1965 Posted at 10-29 06:40
I remember the spark also didnot have the european format , like 25fps
Hope this one has got it. If not The for me its too much hassle the edit the footage and will pass on buying it

Yeah, it initially was my nr 1 reason not to buy the Spark.
And it still will be my nr 1 reason not to buy MM if that is the case (NTSC mode only)
2019-10-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We do appreciate  for sharing this interesting video with us. Great find!
2019-10-29
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 10-29 03:20
But, for now the MM is not written off yet as my MP replacement

I think it will be a nice little drone overall. Easier to pack if carrying a bag full of photography gear but the lack of 4K is IMO problematic as the majority of people is slowly changing to higher resolution screens and especially Mavic owners that are a key target audience (together with newcomers of course).

I disagree with the claim that everyone views media on a tablet and lower resolution screens and even if that is the case, 2.7K will look "weird" in a few years when 4K and probably 8K is widely available. I mean, even if you watch videos on your iPad, you still want to save them in high-resolution to view them in a few years in your big ass TV... It is not what I would call future proof so I will not use it - if I buy it - for anything I want to keep but only for fun.
2019-10-29
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 10-29 03:19
And I'm afraid DJI did cut on those too.

My friend, the thing will be stripped down like a hot dog on IKEA...
I would considerably lower my expectations ;)
2019-10-29
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Leastwise, MM is good for travel to countries with restricted regulations (think so!)
2019-10-29
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

El Diabolico Posted at 10-29 07:42
I think it will be a nice little drone overall. Easier to pack if carrying a bag full of photography gear but the lack of 4K is IMO problematic as the majority of people is slowly changing to higher resolution screens and especially Mavic owners that are a key target audience (together with newcomers of course).

I disagree with the claim that everyone views media on a tablet and lower resolution screens and even if that is the case, 2.7K will look "weird" in a few years when 4K and probably 8K is widely available. I mean, even if you watch videos on your iPad, you still want to save them in high-resolution to view them in a few years in your big ass TV... It is not what I would call future proof so I will not use it - if I buy it - for anything I want to keep but only for fun.

The screen resolution is not the problem here. Editing 4k films is a hurdle for many. I work with the latest generation and highest equipt iMac – except the Fusion Drive. Recordings are on a 4 GB SSD G-Drive (Meanwhile some). With my 2.7k MP recordings, I have a lot of time for a coffee or two ...
2019-10-29
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

DaMa Posted at 10-29 08:37
The screen resolution is not the problem here. Editing 4k films is a hurdle for many. I work with the latest generation and highest equipt iMac – except the Fusion Drive. Recordings are on a 4 GB SSD G-Drive (Meanwhile some). With my 2.7k MP recordings, I have a lot of time for a coffee or two ...

i dont have any issues editing 4K HEVC video on my laptop, 4K raw video, specifically something like video from X5R camera of inspire 1 then i struggle.  i would venture to say people having issues with editing 4K video maybe using older or lower end hardware or arent familar with computer hardware to know what they really need vs what some marketing agency says its capable of.  
2019-10-29
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

That's true. I spend the most flight-miles on vacation (Sardinia and Mallorca this year, Mauritius will follow, hopefully also with the mini) and always have the bird in my backpack. Much garbage comes together... I don't want that in 4k...
2019-10-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2019-10-29
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4
Singapore

looks legit
2019-10-29
Use props
The_Pedro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155292 ft
Portugal

Thanks for sharing
2019-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

El Diabolico Posted at 10-29 07:42

I disagree with the claim that everyone views media on a tablet and lower resolution screens and even if that is the case, 2.7K will look "weird" in a few years when 4K and probably 8K is widely available. I mean, even if you watch videos on your iPad, you still want to save them in high-resolution to view them in a few years in your big ass TV... It is not what I would call future proof so I will not use it - if I buy it - for anything I want to keep but only for fun.

I really don't need 4K right now.
Why?
My main video camera's are 'just' FHD and my editing software really lacks on 4K performance.
So for me 2.7 is more than enough.

I am usually late to adapting to this new kind of tech, since I have a lot of hardware to replace and not a lot of funds to do so

Plus most of my youtube views are on mobile anyway, so in that case 720p is all I need
2019-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

El Diabolico Posted at 10-29 07:45
My friend, the thing will be stripped down like a hot dog on IKEA...
I would considerably lower my expectations ;)

Hahahahaha.
I love IKEA hot dogs.
They remind me of my holidays in Sweden, sitting around a campfire baking sausages on a stick.
Best hotdogs ever

You know only 25% of the appreciation of food is determined by the quality of the food itself.
The other 75% is depending on where you are eating it and how you are feeling on that moment.

Just a small side note

Now back to MM.
You will probably be right and I will probably skip it.
BUT.
I do hope it ticks enough boxes, because the 250g is really tempting.
2019-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules