Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I2 flying slowly
2406 25 2019-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've recently been out flying my I2 but it would only fly at low speed. Also, it wouldn’t switch to ATTI mode, despite the fact that the app said it had switched. I haven’t updated any firmware recently. I wondered if it’s stuck in beginner mode but can’t find that function in the app. Any ideas greatly appreciated.
2019-10-29
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As far as I know, the only thing that’s changed since I last flew the I2 is an update of the GO app to the latest version.
2019-10-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please send us a screenshot showing your current flight mode? You may refer to the image below. Also, the DJI Inspire 2 don't have the option for beginner mode. In addition, can you please try to fly in a different location for us to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

2019-10-29
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was definitely in normal flight mode, although multiple flight modes was enabled. I did disable for a while but it made no difference.

I was flying just outside a restricted flight zone but, despite self authorising at the location, I’m wondering if this had some bearing on the problem. Especially as I wasn’t able to implement ATTI mode. Could this be the issue?
2019-10-29
Use props
GDRogers
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have this exact same problem on my P4P2, I get a safety notification that says I'm near a restricted zone that is nearly 90miles away from where I am.

I have tried restarting, compass calibration, stick calibration, firmware resets and hard factory reset using DJI Assistant 2, and nothing has changed

My picture says im in ATTI mode but when I take off its in GPS and if I switch to ATTI it says it is switching back to GPS for safety, is this switch back related to the safety notification?

76608808_673644206491380_6610195981281525760_n.jpg
2019-10-29
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-29 08:55
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please send us a screenshot showing your current flight mode? You may refer to the image below. Also, the DJI Inspire 2 don't have the option for beginner mode. In addition, can you please try to fly in a different location for us to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

[view_image]

Hi Gamora,

I’ve now done a test flight in a a different location. First, the app stated that I was close to a restricted zone which is some 80 miles away. However, the notification only appeared once. Second, the problem remains in that any forward and sideways movement (right stick) is extremely slow whereas ascent and yaw (left stick) appears to be normal. In addition, I cannot switch to ATTI mode, despite the fact that the app states that it has switched.

I’m on the latest firmware and Go4 versions.

Thanks.
2019-10-30
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-29 08:55

[view_image]

Hi Gamora,

I’ve now done a test flight in a a different location. First, the app stated that I was close to a restricted zone which is some 80 miles away. However, the notification only appeared once. Second, the problem remains in that any forward and sideways movement (right stick) is extremely slow whereas ascent and yaw (left stick) appears to be normal. In addition, I cannot switch to ATTI mode, despite the fact that the app states that it has switched.

I’m on the latest firmware and Go4 versions.

Thanks.
2019-10-30
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’ve now done a test flight in a different location. First, the app stated that I was close to a restricted zone which is some 80 miles away. However, the notification only appeared once. Second, the problem remains, in that any forward and sideways movement (right stick) is extremely slow whereas ascent/descent and yaw (left stick) appears to be normal. In addition, I cannot change from GPS to ATTI mode, despite the fact that the app states that it has switched.

I am using the latest firmware and Go4 versions, but the problem has only arisen since updating the Go4 App.
2019-10-30
Use props
kavan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19892 ft
United Kingdom

Im having exactly the same slow speed problem too with my inspire 2 (300 firmware latest) despite being outside any restricted zone i get the same restricted area  warning message as above, giving the option to self authorise. I also got the fawley(near southampton UK) oil refinery restriction warning too which is 60 miles from me or where i was flying today. Seems like geofencing is messed up and preventing the I2 from full performance. Im in normal flight mode just like the OP above. DJI please can you confirm that reduced speed and yaw is a deliberate feature connected with geofencing and restricted flight areas to restrict mobility?

thanks

kavan
2019-10-30
Use props
kavan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Im having exactly the same slow speed problem too with my inspire 2 (300 firmware latest) despite being outside any restricted zone i get the same restricted area  warning message as above, giving the option to self authorise. I also cant change modes and each just reverts to gps mode weather in P,S or A. I also got the fawley(near southampton UK) oil refinery restriction warning too which is 60 miles from me or where i was flying today. Seems like geofencing is messed up and preventing the I2 from full performance. Im in normal flight mode just like the OP above. DJI please can you confirm that reduced speed and yaw is a deliberate feature connected with geofencing and restricted flight areas to restrict mobility?Ive tested in 3 different locations today too all with the same result.

thanks

kavan
2019-10-30
Use props
GDRogers
lvl.1

United Kingdom

kavan Posted at 10-30 08:25
Im having exactly the same slow speed problem too with my inspire 2 (300 firmware latest) despite being outside any restricted zone i get the same restricted area  warning message as above, giving the option to self authorise. I also got the fawley(near southampton UK) oil refinery restriction warning too which is 60 miles from me or where i was flying today. Seems like geofencing is messed up and preventing the I2 from full performance. Im in normal flight mode just like the OP above. DJI please can you confirm that reduced speed and yaw is a deliberate feature connected with geofencing and restricted flight areas to restrict mobility?

thanks

Looks like we've all got the same problem with Fawley refinery in Southampton, I'm 90 miles away and its restricting me. I have my PFCO flight test tomorrow.

I managed to get it to work alright this morning by refreshing the firmware using the DJI Assistant, but when I went for a practise flight after my course today it had the same problem, so now im home doing the same troubleshooting, it must be some bug in the software or something
2019-10-30
Use props
kavan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thats a pain regarding your PFCO tomorow!!

Im going to try to revert back to previous firmware and test fly tomorrow to see if that helps
2019-10-30
Use props
kavan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

kavan Posted at 10-30 08:40
Thats a pain regarding your PFCO tomorow!!

Im going to try to revert back to previous firmware and test fly tomorrow to see if that helps

however i doubt it will make any difference as ive been flying the lastest update for months without issue suggesting that the problem is geofencing or something else remote
2019-10-30
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is fascinating. It seems too much of a coincidence for the Fawley warning not to be relevant.

Please could someone from DJI investigate this?

Jerry.
2019-10-30
Use props
GDRogers
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've been in touch with Flysafe DJI who are looking into it, they mustve imposed a restriction following this:

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/17992715.security-services-investigating-illegal-drone-activity-fawley-refinery/

and added an extra couple of 0's on the radius of it if its affecting me almost 90 miles away!
I've managed to fix it by restarting the firmware using DJI assistant, but i did that and fixed it this morning but by this afternoon i had the same problem
2019-10-30
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GDRogers Posted at 10-30 09:46
I've been in touch with Flysafe DJI who are looking into it, they mustve imposed a restriction following this:

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/17992715.security-services-investigating-illegal-drone-activity-fawley-refinery/

Good thinking. Let’s see what comes back. I’m loath to going down the reinstall everything route until I have to!
2019-10-30
Use props
GDRogers
lvl.1

United Kingdom

As I have my PFCO tomorrow, they have configured an unlocking license for the restriction, so hopefully that will work alongside resetting the firmware.
Besides me, they only recommended
1. Uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI GO 4 app.
2. Place your aircraft outside and ensure the mobile device has a good internet connection and GPS satellites connected reaches more than 10.
3. Using another device.
Fingers crossed they fix the bug for everyone else.

If you have work I'd recommend contacting DJI at flysafe@dji.com and explaining the issue, they'll ask for
1) Flight Controller's serial number. (It can be found in App’s About page after connected to your aircraft )
2) Flight location longitude, latitude, and the radius. Please send me the information in the format of longitude: 1.123456; latitude: 1.123456, radius: 500m. (Please use the Google Map to confirm the coordinates)
3) Your DJI Account email
4) A screenshot of the APP's ABOUT page. please go to DJI DJI GO 4 > General Settings > About.
5) A screenshot of the warning message if possible.
2019-10-30
Use props
kavan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hey thanks very much for providing this info for the rest of us.
It would be good to understand from DJI, why this has happened and what can be done to prevent further occurrences as the potential loss of work and damage to professional reputation which could be significant for some.
2019-10-30
Use props
J-Darcy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 847428 ft
United Kingdom

I was 50 miles away from Fawley refinery and had exactly the same issue with both a Mavic 1 and an Inspire 2.
Was on a commercial survey job. Even though it impacted the top speed, luckily we could still get the job done... just.

SORT IT OUT please DJI, its impacted your commercial customers, and it reflects badly on our professionalism with our clients.
2019-10-31
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OK, it seems like this really is an issue, and I've seen similar reports relating to other restriction zones many miles from the operational area.

Although it has been suggested that uninstalling and reinstalling software may help overcome the problem, I think that better geofencing management is necessary.

Please could we have your response, DJI?
2019-10-31
Use props
GDRogers
lvl.1

United Kingdom

J-Darcy Posted at 10-31 03:24
I was 50 miles away from Fawley refinery and had exactly the same issue with both a Mavic 1 and an Inspire 2.
Was on a commercial survey job. Even though it impacted the top speed, luckily we could still get the job done... just.

Luckily for me, they sent me a restriction unlock so I could do my PFCO flight assessment

Passed with only 1 minor
2019-10-31
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GDRogers Posted at 10-31 03:40
Luckily for me, they sent me a restriction unlock so I could do my PFCO flight assessment

Passed with only 1 minor

Well done. It must have been extra stressful not knowing if the temporary fix would work.

It's also good news in that you seem to have proved what the problem is. All we need now is a proper solution to this mess.
2019-10-31
Use props
J-Darcy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 847428 ft
United Kingdom

GDRogers Posted at 10-31 03:40

Passed with only 1 minor

Congrats on passing your flight test! Welcome to the ranks

I just emailed the FlySafe team explaining the issue, and requesting an unlock for the 1st of Nov at a location about 60 miles away from Fawley refinery... I hope I don't get a response like... "its nowhere near Fawley, whats this guy on about"
2019-10-31
Use props
kavan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I spoke to dji tech support about this issue this morning and the technician was adamant that no such ability exists from the DJI end to restrict the performance of any drone in this way due to geofencing.  I have to say that it doesn't make much sense to me to be restricted in the forward backward left right movement yet still be able to ascent and descend without restriction. I tested point of interest mode and was able to fly at the faster speed in that mode.

We need a definitive answer from dji on this for sure. I tested my phantom 4 this morning in the same location and was able to fly at full speed which suggests that either geofencing is hit and miss or aircraft specific or not the cause after all.

2019-10-31
Use props
dldp-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know recently they pushed out a fly safe update that I have not installed yet. Could this be the problem? I have not seen any issues on my system so I'm thinking I should hold off installing this update.

Regards,
Tom
2019-11-2
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’ve just done a quick test flight in another area and everything  worked as it should. No mention of Fawley or any other NFZ this time so perhaps all is sorted.
2019-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules