Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can use a Phantom 2V RC on a Phantom 2V+??
587 3 2019-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JLiRD808
lvl.1

United States

So I got the "black screen of death" (no FPV) on a P2V+ that I bought used.

But I found a busted P2V at my work, and the app still links fine with it, including FPV.

Can I just swap the remotes? Easier/better to just swap the range extender....or isnt the WIFI module INSIDE the body?

THANKS....my first drone & first post here ;)
2019-10-29
Use props
JLiRD808
lvl.1

United States

UGH WAIT....I think I have to swap out more than just the remotes yeah? What parts can I pull from the P2V into the P2V+ to fix the black screen/no FPV?
2019-10-29
Use props
JLiRD808
lvl.1

United States

I think I'm gonna delete this whole thread lol.

Research has lead me to find out that the WIFI modules in both crafts are very different and non-compatible.

I suppose I'll leave this thread up if anyone has any interesting insights on this.

First post was a DUD!!!
2019-10-30
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Welcome to the site!

You can switch the RC and/or RE up however you want.  It doesn't matter that the air-side wifi boards are located differently.

If your FPV works with the P2V, then you might prefer to fly the P2V, at least for now.  Or you might want to look into getting the wifi module of the P2V+ repaired.  The P2V+ has a legitimate gimbal with the camera - the videos won't jump around so much.

You can use the controller that came with the P2V+ and fly the P2V.  You will have to link it, of course.  There is a chance it is a better controller - it depends on when it was released - it might have the dial on the side to tilt the camera and also have a lipo battery rather than the 4 AA's.  The range is better.  Look at the model numbers.  PVT581 is the old one, NPVT581 is the better one.  

You can use the Range Extender that came with the P2V+ and fly the P2V.  You will have to bind it, of course.  It's definitely a better RE, it has significantly better range.  RE500 is the one released with the P2V - RE700 is the one released with the P2V+.  Like the RC, they are interchangeable.  

Be sure to read the manuals for your aircrafts.

Good luck.

2019-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules