Yaw apply without command
1263 32 2019-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JonnyHammer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748802 ft
Brazil

Hello friends, sometimes my Mavic Air applies a yaw movement, always to the right, without my command in the controller. Yesterday I noticed that it turned almost 90 degrees right by itself without any command.

That's very annoying because I can't frame the picture properly and have to yaw left to compensate.

Any idea?

2019-10-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you re-done the IMU calibration?
2019-10-30
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Calibrate your compass, IMU, controller. Refresh your firmware, restore the drone to defaults in DJI assistant 2. If your still having issues after that post a flight record where the drone is yaw'ing on it's own.
2019-10-30
Use props
JonnyHammer
lvl.4
Brazil

DAFlys Posted at 10-30 04:37
Have you re-done the IMU calibration?

No, that's what I'm gonna do now, thank you
2019-10-30
Use props
JonnyHammer
lvl.4
Brazil

Ben Mason Posted at 10-30 04:37
Calibrate your compass, IMU, controller. Refresh your firmware, restore the drone to defaults in DJI assistant 2. If your still having issues after that post a flight record where the drone is yaw'ing on it's own.

Compass, gimbal and controller were calibrated recently. I'll do the IMU calibration now and test it, if doesn't solve the problem I'll try restore the defaults, thank you
2019-10-30
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

I have repeatedly noticed yaw and turns as I search for satellites and increase their number.
2019-10-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to calibrate the IMU of your DJI Mavic Air to see if the problem persists? Also, if you could provide us a sample video showing the problem that would be great for us to further isolate the problem. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-10-30
Use props
JonnyHammer
lvl.4
Brazil

Vofas Posted at 10-30 05:33
I have repeatedly noticed yaw and turns as I search for satellites and increase their number.

Try to do what people said up here, recalibrate IMU, restore defaults etc. I will do that when I have time and post here the results.
2019-10-30
Use props
JonnyHammer
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-30 08:36
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to calibrate the IMU of your DJI Mavic Air to see if the problem persists? Also, if you could provide us a sample video showing the problem that would be great for us to further isolate the problem. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Yes I will recalibrate the IMU when I have some time, then I post here the results, thank you.
2019-10-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JonnyHammer Posted at 10-30 09:08
Yes I will recalibrate the IMU when I have some time, then I post here the results, thank you.

Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-10-30
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

welcome to the many issues of the mavic air that for some reason goes forever unaddressed.  

1.    try doing a stick calibration in the app plugged into the controller.. just make sure drone isn't connected or it will fail calibration.   

2. do IMU calibration, just make sure its done on a perfectly level surface for best calibration

3.  if still continues then i dont know...upload log for someone here to check see what its doing?

2019-10-30
Use props
JonnyHammer
lvl.4
Brazil

HereForTheBeer Posted at 10-30 15:37
welcome to the many issues of the mavic air that for some reason goes forever unaddressed.  

1.    try doing a stick calibration in the app plugged into the controller.. just make sure drone isn't connected or it will fail calibration.   

I just did the RC calibration. I noticed that the left stick was showing 10-15% to the right on the screen without any command, so that's probably what was causing the issue.

I didn't fly the drone yet, I'll do it on this weekend and then I come back here to tell if the RC calibration solved the problem, thank you.
2019-11-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

JonnyHammer Posted at 11-1 10:40
I just did the RC calibration. I noticed that the left stick was showing 10-15% to the right on the screen without any command, so that's probably what was causing the issue.

I didn't fly the drone yet, I'll do it on this weekend and then I come back here to tell if the RC calibration solved the problem, thank you.

hopefully it works out for ya.
2019-11-1
Use props
JerryofWV
lvl.1

United States

Mine was doing the same thing. I calibrated everything but it did not help. I contacted DJI technical support and they advised me to send it to DJI for repair. I sent it to them and they repaired/replaced the controller at no cost. That took care of the problem.
2019-11-2
Use props
JonnyHammer
lvl.4
Brazil

UPDATE
(*Please watch the video linked here to see the problem)

Hello guys, today I was doing a job filming a building facade and this problem persists, actually it seems worse, it keeps applying the yaw right over and over again without command,  it's impossible to frame the picture properly like this.

I followed all the recomendations -> Reset Factory Standards / Update Firmware / Calibrate Vision Sensors / Calibrate IMU / Calibrate Compass / Calibrate Gimbal / Calibrate Controller

Should I contatct DJI support and see what they can do about it?

2020-1-7
Use props
JonnyHammer
lvl.4
Brazil

JerryofWV Posted at 2019-11-2 11:21
Mine was doing the same thing. I calibrated everything but it did not help. I contacted DJI technical support and they advised me to send it to DJI for repair. I sent it to them and they repaired/replaced the controller at no cost. That took care of the problem.

Maybe I'll have to do the same thing, the problem is that I purchased my mavic air almost 2 years ago, I don't know if they will accept.

How long did it take to receive your drone back from DJI after you sent it to them?
2020-1-7
Use props
JonnyHammer
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-10-30 15:34
Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Yeah I followed all the recomendations but the problem persists...

Reset Factory Standards / Update Firmware / Calibrate Vision Sensors / Calibrate IMU / Calibrate Compass / Calibrate Gimbal / Calibrate Controller
2020-1-7
Use props
JonnyHammer
lvl.4
Brazil

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2019-11-1 10:46
hopefully it works out for ya.

Unfortunately it didn't
2020-1-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JonnyHammer Posted at 1-7 08:39
Yeah I followed all the recomendations but the problem persists...

Reset Factory Standards / Update Firmware / Calibrate Vision Sensors / Calibrate IMU / Calibrate Compass / Calibrate Gimbal / Calibrate Controller

Hi, thank you for your response. Since you've managed to exhaust the troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the problem on your drone, however, it seems that the problem persists, we highly recommend sending the unit into our repair facility for further evaluation. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

https://www.dji.com/support
2020-1-9
Use props
JonnyHammer
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-9 15:52
Hi, thank you for your response. Since you've managed to exhaust the troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the problem on your drone, however, it seems that the problem persists, we highly recommend sending the unit into our repair facility for further evaluation. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

https://www.dji.com/support

I tried to submit an online repair request  but it says: "Your selection is not currently available. Please contact us via www.dji.com/support.."
2020-1-9
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Hong Kong

Its joystick problem. Send it to repair. I got mine fixed before.
2020-1-10
Use props
JonnyHammer
lvl.4
Brazil

Cepheroh Posted at 1-10 01:55
Its joystick problem. Send it to repair. I got mine fixed before.

Will do, thanks.
2020-1-10
Use props
zguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 243796 ft
United States

FYI- Mine was doing the same uncommanded yaw.  DJI replaced it last year and the replacement does exactly the same thing. :-(
2020-1-10
Use props
JonnyHammer
lvl.4
Brazil

zguy Posted at 1-10 05:38
FYI- Mine was doing the same uncommanded yaw.  DJI replaced it last year and the replacement does exactly the same thing. :-(

So many people have this same problem...must be a project failure, too bad.
2020-1-10
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

JonnyHammer Posted at 1-10 06:11
So many people have this same problem...must be a project failure, too bad.

Surely | 1+ here with the problem. Very small yaws, usually just after takeoff.
2020-1-10
Use props
JonnyHammer
lvl.4
Brazil

Adriano Araujo Posted at 1-10 10:08
Surely | 1+ here with the problem. Very small yaws, usually just after takeoff.

For me is unpredictable, sometimes it doesn't happen, sometimes happens over and over again, but it definitely got worse in the last flights.
2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JonnyHammer Posted at 1-9 16:18
I tried to submit an online repair request  but it says: "Your selection is not currently available. Please contact us via www.dji.com/support.."

Hi, thank you for your response. You can click the "contact us" and send us an email for us to help you further. You may refer to the image below. Thank you!

2020-1-10
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

2 years emphasis
2020-1-10
Use props
JonnyHammer
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-10 16:12
Hi, thank you for your response. You can click the "contact us" and send us an email for us to help you further. You may refer to the image below. Thank you!

[view_image]

I contacted the support via chat and they instructed me to contact brazilian support, I sent an email to them. I'll keep you guys informed of the process, tks.
2020-1-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JonnyHammer Posted at 1-12 04:54
I contacted the support via chat and they instructed me to contact brazilian support, I sent an email to them. I'll keep you guys informed of the process, tks.

Thank you, Jonny! Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Cheers!
2020-1-12
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

JonnyHammer Posted at 1-12 04:54

Not counting on gimbal wheel moving drone sideways. 2yrs old bug.
2020-1-13
Use props
JonnyHammer
lvl.4
Brazil

Adriano Araujo Posted at 1-13 09:21
Not counting on gimbal wheel moving drone sideways. 2yrs old bug.

Have you sent it to a repair shop to try solve these problems?
2020-1-13
Use props
JonnyHammer
lvl.4
Brazil

Problem solved with a cleaning inside the controller. I applied some contact spray inside the stick controllers and it's working perfectly.

This is the piece that has to be cleaned:

I followed the instructions on this video:

2020-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules