DJI Mavic Mini Released - The Everyday Flycam
44314 551 2019-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Replies reward 40 Points Reply to this post for a chance to win 5 Points! Each person is 2 times
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622575 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

djicheaha Posted at 11-4 17:25
If you are a BB rewards member, you could reduce your overall cost. For me, I will stick with my order from DJI, anticipate arrival and fly my MA while I wait. Wish you well.

Walmart claims that they can get you the Mavic Mini by tomorrow, the 7th, BEFORE the official release date... I'm curious how that works.

I personally preordered it from BestBuy to get it on release day!
2019-11-6
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Sheehank Posted at 11-6 11:52
Looking forward to getting it. Any advice on where to get the base station or when it will be back in stock? Seems to not be available in the store

I believe that some other sellers may have bulk ordered them and are selling them on their own websites.
2019-11-6
Use props
LoTuZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 154134 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Can you live stream on this app?
2019-11-6
Use props
djiuser_UTZZjab6ZV3k
lvl.1

India

Replies reward +5 Points

when it will be available in india ??
2019-11-6
Use props
fans2392679c
lvl.1

Italy

Replies reward +5 Points

Hi guys!
Two questions I haven’t been able to find answers yet:
1) will it be possible to fly the Mini just with controller (no phone/app connected)?
2) is there a fly mode to limit distance and altitude (like to avoid it going out of our private garden, which is quite large anyway)
Thanks a lot!
2019-11-7
Use props
powerlordUK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

Can someone post the battery  dimensions please so I can order appropriate fireproof bags for when my mavic mini finally arrives ?
2019-11-7
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

fans2392679c Posted at 11-7 02:29
Hi guys!
Two questions I haven’t been able to find answers yet:
1) will it be possible to fly the Mini just with controller (no phone/app connected)?

The answers to these questions have been posted here and can be found on youtube as well. But I will answer them as well.

1. Not currently.
2. Yes, the app will allow you to limit ceiling height and distance as well.
2019-11-7
Use props
Bob Coughlan
New

South Africa

Replies reward +5 Points

Hi, I'm interested to know if the Mavic Mini Remote Controller will be compatible with the DJI Flight Simulator, and also whether the Mavic Mini will be added to the aircraft available in the simulator
2019-11-7
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Charlie  Phantoms Posted at 11-3 15:25
I need  a link to download the DJI Fly app. I can't find it on Google Play, the App Store or the DJI site. A link please.

App will be available on the day, the MM is out - i.e. Nov. 11th
2019-11-7
Use props
mpwobbly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37500 ft
Australia

Replies reward +5 Points

Can't find information about whether or not the motors are brushless?
2019-11-7
Use props
PWidmayer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 558268 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Do I want one?
2019-11-8
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

mpwobbly Posted at 11-7 23:07
Can't find information about whether or not the motors are brushless?

They are...
2019-11-8
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Maybe not, I just can’t can’t believe that some people already have theirs but no app to fly it with. So typical of DJI.
2019-11-8
Use props
fans309696d0
New

United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Will the Mavic Air accessories work with the Mavic Mini? Like the controller and other items?
2019-11-8
Use props
Stan1915
Second Officer
Flight distance : 579669 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

I hope the accessories are available soon!
2019-11-8
Use props
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Replies reward +5 Points

Do the batteries have some intelligence? The previous ones could discharge automatically after a few days if not used for best storage power level.
2019-11-9
Use props
Konaswede
New

United States

Replies reward +5 Points

I just ordered it. But I cannot find the DJI Fly app on my phone or another one I tried. Both have Android 9. LG and Samsung. Will it be out soon ?
2019-11-9
Use props
fans519e4025
lvl.2

United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Konaswede Posted at 11-9 14:06
I just ordered it. But I cannot find the DJI Fly app on my phone or another one I tried. Both have Android 9. LG and Samsung. Will it be out soon ?

I'm looking for the Fly App too but all who have asked have been told the fly app won't be released until Nov 11th.
Of course we know the beta version has been out already for the beta testers but I suppose DJI won't give that out to us because it might not be a finished product and could have some problems.  But I think I can wait 2 days so it's not a big deal to me.
2019-11-9
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

ICDroneSE Posted at 11-6 14:36
Walmart claims that they can get you the Mavic Mini by tomorrow, the 7th, BEFORE the official release date... I'm curious how that works.

I personally preordered it from BestBuy to get it on release day!

That's cool!!
2019-11-9
Use props
SafariMan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Replies reward +5 Points

ICDroneSE Posted at 11-6 14:36

I personally preordered it from BestBuy to get it on release day!

Ordered in Switzerland and getting my combo as expected on release date, so, tomorrow on 11/11.
Many shops here will have some in stocks, single and combo as of tomorrow. There is one big shop who decided not to play the DJI rules and already selling it. I could have picked one yesterday but without the app it was not so useful to me. And as everyone knows the app is also supposed to be in the stores tomorrow :-)
2019-11-9
Use props
IcannotThinkOfAName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Take my money!
2019-11-10
Use props
IcannotThinkOfAName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

I like it but I already had Mavic 2
2019-11-10
Use props
FirstQuadcopter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1478136 ft
Romania

I did yesterday a range test. The results are pretty good. 1663 meters for CE version.

Enjoy the view

2019-11-10
Use props
djiuser_NC4VL88EKxnz
New

United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Should I buy the new DJI mini fly more combo for $500 or should I buy a used DJI mavic pro with 2 batteries and everything that goes with it in the original box for $500.  I know the guy he's only flown it three times and it's never been wrecked.  I need a pinion fast because I'm supposed to be buying one of the two tomorrow.  Thank you
2019-11-10
Use props
Larry W
lvl.1

United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Looking forward to the shipping notification and trying out my first drone.
2019-11-10
Use props
CLMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 461289 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Replies reward +5 Points

It's already 11th Nov, still no sign of the DJI Fly app on the Google Play Store :-(
2019-11-10
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

SafariMan Posted at 11-9 23:12
Ordered in Switzerland and getting my combo as expected on release date, so, tomorrow on 11/11.
Many shops here will have some in stocks, single and combo as of tomorrow. There is one big shop who decided not to play the DJI rules and already selling it. I could have picked one yesterday but without the app it was not so useful to me. And as everyone knows the app is also supposed to be in the stores tomorrow :-)

I personally already got the app by just looking at DJI's profile on the google play store and the DJI Fly app was there sitting pretty. Maybe they released it a day before?
2019-11-10
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

CLMav Posted at 11-10 18:06
It's already 11th Nov, still no sign of the DJI Fly app on the Google Play Store :-(

Go to one of their other apps and click "DJI Technology CO., LTD". It should bring you to a page with all the apps that DJi has released and it should be there. It's november 10 year in the US and I just installed it in preparation for tomorrow!
2019-11-10
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

Nice
2019-11-10
Use props
FirstQuadcopter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1478136 ft
Romania

Mavic Mini | First day: Training flight

2019-11-10
Use props
CLMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 461289 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Replies reward +5 Points

ICDroneSE Posted at 11-10 18:35
Go to one of their other apps and click "DJI Technology CO., LTD". It should bring you to a page with all the apps that DJi has released and it should be there. It's november 10 year in the US and I just installed it in preparation for tomorrow!

Got it. Thanks for the tip!
2019-11-11
Use props
PWidmayer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 558268 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Looks good. I think it might be more useful in certain situations with no obstacle avoidance. No more beeping because I am somewhat near an obstacle. I am going to wait a little bit before I buy. Let you beta testers work out the bugs.
2019-11-11
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

Replies reward +5 Points

djiuser_NC4VL88EKxnz Posted at 11-10 15:52
Should I buy the new DJI mini fly more combo for $500 or should I buy a used DJI mavic pro with 2 batteries and everything that goes with it in the original box for $500.  I know the guy he's only flown it three times and it's never been wrecked.  I need a pinion fast because I'm supposed to be buying one of the two tomorrow.  Thank you

The Mavic Mini looks great which is why I ordered one but, unless you have a pressing reason for a drone under 250g, the Mavic Pro is the clear winner. Rip his arm off at $500.
2019-11-11
Use props
ANRO 87
New

Russia

Replies reward +5 Points

Hi, when starts shiping preoders, status now in processing?
2019-11-11
Use props
djiuser_dLvP6KqQCW1r
lvl.1

United States

Replies reward +5 Points

hi, unfortunately the dji fly app is not compatible with my LG Stylos 4 phone, i downloaded it on my ipad air instead, will it work well?? thx
2019-11-11
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

Knapweed Posted at 11-11 08:04
The Mavic Mini looks great which is why I ordered one but, unless you have a pressing reason for a drone under 250g, the Mavic Pro is the clear winner. Rip his arm off at $500.

The only thing about the Mavic Pro is that the controller sticks aren't removable... otherwise, I'd take it
2019-11-11
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

ICDroneSE Posted at 11-11 10:07
The only thing about the Mavic Pro is that the controller sticks aren't removable... otherwise, I'd take it

Buy it and get a hacksaw... ;)
2019-11-11
Use props
djiuser_kf2Bkr7Clc8S
New

Spain

Replies reward +5 Points

LG Q60 not compatible, this has to be a sick joke. all DJI apps are compatible with my smartphone but for whatever reason this DJI Fly doesn't

i hope there is an update to expand the list of compatible phones before it arrives, because otherwise i'll place a refund, i'm not going to change my phone to be able to fly a MM when the app that can fly ALL other DJI drones does work
2019-11-11
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

I just picked up my Mavic Mini Fly More Combo from Best Buy and I must say that I am completely impressed by what this little guy can do.  It is a complete upgrade from the Phantom 3 line that I bought to get into the hobby. It's ultra-portable and flying indoors feels too easy compared to the phantom line. Flight time is superb... they also seem to have fixed most of the bugs that the reviewers mentioned because a new firmware was released today. 100% satisfied. I might not even buy the DJI Care with how good this thing flies and handles itself.
2019-11-11
Use props
Harleyrick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29629 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Picked up the Fly More Combo from Best Buy this morning. I can't wait to try it but it's been raining here all day. I am ready to try it, I did get all the batteries charged, the  Mavic Mini activated, firmware updated and purchased the Care Refresh from DJI.
2019-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules