DJI Mavic Mini Released - The Everyday Flycam
44277 551 2019-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Replies reward 40 Points Reply to this post for a chance to win 5 Points! Each person is 2 times
Kent Groves
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1082100 ft

United States

Replies reward +5 Points

there is a drone for every application in my book.   this drone may not be for everyone. i recommend to read and do your homework, before buying any drone.  
2019-11-14
Use props
djiuser_aGat8tQ8cifA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136650 ft
Japan

Replies reward +5 Points

Am excited to get this. Was hoping it would be soon, ordering on oct 30 at 1400, but it will take a long time. not shipping until dec 5?
I am getting for travel weight savings with minimal quality loss, but it may not make the winter trip if it doesnt ship soon.
2019-11-14
Use props
djiuser_dTpDjUU8rprr
lvl.1

Australia

Replies reward +5 Points

Hey guys, so just wanting to check if anyone has tried the Samsung s10 5g in the Mav Mini controller.
A) does it fit properly? I only ask as the dimensions for the phone vs controller say the phone is around 2mm too big.
B) is the software compatible?
Surely someone has tried it by now....
2019-11-15
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kent Groves Posted at 11-14 21:48
there is a drone for every application in my book.   this drone may not be for everyone. i recommend to read and do your homework, before buying any drone.

Yes, I agree with the "research". This forum is helpful and there are plenty of YT videos to help with decisions. I have a Mavic Air and now eagerly waiting on arrival of my MM.
2019-11-15
Use props
luca6686
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531841 ft
Italy

Replies reward +5 Points

Hi all, I'm just waiting my combo, my firsy quad ever!
2019-11-15
Use props
djiuser_Ai8Enp0m6CTQ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1018176 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Still waiting for mine
2019-11-15
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Replies reward +5 Points

djiuser_dTpDjUU8rprr Posted at 11-15 01:12
Hey guys, so just wanting to check if anyone has tried the Samsung s10 5g in the Mav Mini controller.
A) does it fit properly? I only ask as the dimensions for the phone vs controller say the phone is around 2mm too big.
B) is the software compatible?

I have a remote fits 8 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab S2! But with a different wire.

And the compatibility of the DJI Fly control program see in the app store, your declared compatible.
2019-11-15
Use props
Sir-dronesalot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94167 ft
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

Woe Posted at 10-30 06:05
It's wifi so probably not.

Just bought one of these things and can't figure out how to post my issue as a new thread in the forums:

Help! I have bought a Mavic Mini, and I cannot charge the remote. There are only three cables included in the box which fit into the remote controller port: a tiny remote-to-usb-C, a tiny remote-to-micro-USB, and a tiny remote-to-apple-lightning. My phone is USB C so I can use this to link the phone and remote. But when I plug the remote into my USB C charger via the remote-to-usb-C cable, it doesn't change. I've turned it on (it beeps constantly with one flashing battery light) and left it, and I've turned it off and left it. It doesn't charge at all. How do I charge it?
2019-11-16
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

Sir-dronesalot Posted at 11-16 07:21
Just bought one of these things and can't figure out how to post my issue as a new thread in the forums:

Help! I have bought a Mavic Mini, and I cannot charge the remote. There are only three cables included in the box which fit into the remote controller port: a tiny remote-to-usb-C, a tiny remote-to-micro-USB, and a tiny remote-to-apple-lightning. My phone is USB C so I can use this to link the phone and remote. But when I plug the remote into my USB C charger via the remote-to-usb-C cable, it doesn't change. I've turned it on (it beeps constantly with one flashing battery light) and left it, and I've turned it off and left it. It doesn't charge at all. How do I charge it?

You need a certain number of posts to earn points and the privilege of posting new threads.

XVI: User Groups

• User groups will be assigned based on points earned.

• The user group rankings are as follows

Group

Icon
New

<20
Cannot post threads
lvl.1

<100
/
lvl.2

<300
/
lvl.3

<500
/
lvl.4

<1000
/
Second Officer

<2500
/
First Officer

<5000
/
Captain

>5000
/

You use the USB to Micro USB to charge the controller. Two of them came in the Fly More combo, I'm not sure what comes with the standard version but I assume it's the same.
2019-11-16
Use props
Mini User
lvl.4
Flight distance : 416854 ft
Germany

Replies reward +5 Points

First 5 flights have been succesful, but i have issues with the live video feed while recording... even in the lowest settings, anyone an idea ?
Its stuttering quite a lot, if dont record, everything ja fine..

2019-11-16
Use props
fans8c1f4988
New
Flight distance : 739862 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

I need it to be compatible with the DJI goggles!
2019-11-16
Use props
fans035f0abb
lvl.1

United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Looking forward to getting my new toy in the mail. This will be my first drone, and I really appreciate an active, helpful forum like this. Makes things a little less intimidating!
2019-11-16
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Wolferl Posted at 10-30 06:03
Great stuff!
Even if it only lasts real usable 25 min, its a big improvement over the Spark.
I wonder if it can be flown with the Spark's R/C? DJI anyone?

According to all documentation the answer is no. Maybe some resourceful users will figure out something.
2019-11-16
Use props
djiuser_GYZBNGZVDwU7
New
Spain

Replies reward +5 Points

My gimbal is noise
2019-11-16
Use props
flyingfun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2551998 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Replies reward +5 Points

no 4k or obstacle avoidance
2019-11-17
Use props
MarkEtheredge
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35663 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Sir-dronesalot Posted at 11-16 07:21
Just bought one of these things and can't figure out how to post my issue as a new thread in the forums:

Help! I have bought a Mavic Mini, and I cannot charge the remote. There are only three cables included in the box which fit into the remote controller port: a tiny remote-to-usb-C, a tiny remote-to-micro-USB, and a tiny remote-to-apple-lightning. My phone is USB C so I can use this to link the phone and remote. But when I plug the remote into my USB C charger via the remote-to-usb-C cable, it doesn't change. I've turned it on (it beeps constantly with one flashing battery light) and left it, and I've turned it off and left it. It doesn't charge at all. How do I charge it?

The remote/controller uses the same cable that you use with the drone.  The white cable.  It is a standard USB-A to Micro USB-B.  So it does need to go into the remote/controller in a certain orientation. Although the port on the controller is an even rectangle, so you can't tell which way to insert, there is an image to the right of the port that shows you the orientation.  .  Interestingly you'll notice the orientation is opposite of how you plug into the drone.  But it's easy, just pay attention to diagram on controller and shape of port on drone.
2019-11-17
Use props
MarkEtheredge
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35663 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

MarkEtheredge Posted at 11-17 05:02
The remote/controller uses the same cable that you use with the drone.  The white cable.  It is a standard USB-A to Micro USB-B.  So it does need to go into the remote/controller in a certain orientation. Although the port on the controller is an even rectangle, so you can't tell which way to insert, there is an image to the right of the port that shows you the orientation.  [view_image].  Interestingly you'll notice the orientation is opposite of how you plug into the drone.  But it's easy, just pay attention to diagram on controller and shape of port on drone.

sorry the photo is upside-down :-)   
2019-11-17
Use props
CoolSilver
lvl.1
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

I picked mine up yesterday at Micro Center. They had the Fly More Combo kits too.
2019-11-17
Use props
fansd01bc76f
lvl.1
Spain

Replies reward +5 Points

Hi, the pre-set editing templates doesn't work in my Dji Fly App for the Mavic Mini. How can I solve it? I want to show my friends how my new drone works but I can't .

Please help me!

Thank you!
2019-11-17
Use props
NicoGadgets
New
Flight distance : 40269 ft
Switzerland

Replies reward +5 Points

Have a look at my test creation of a cinematic movie using the DJI Mavic Mini:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhbmisDitd4
2019-11-17
Use props
Alan77505
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058789 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

I haven't gone through all the posts in this thread but just wanted to add that it's convenient that you can charge the batteries for the Mavic Mini with a USB port in your car.
2019-11-17
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

NicoGadgets Posted at 11-17 13:19

Just Beautiful !!
2019-11-18
Use props
cicciopilota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36624 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Replies reward +5 Points

Juliflash Posted at 11-14 13:57
Well that's true, saw some videos about it en Europe in general, but one Italian guy in the sea actually managed to rech 3Km.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ynda2wI10&t=778s

Yes but I see some users loose signal after one building, in city with WiFi is not possible to work, 2.4 to users 5.8
2019-11-18
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

NicoGadgets Posted at 11-17 13:19

That is stunning!
2019-11-18
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

cicciopilota Posted at 11-18 03:36
Yes but I see some users loose signal after one building, in city with WiFi is not possible to work, 2.4 to users 5.8

I know... very disappointing with this...
2019-11-18
Use props
djiuser_FamhcPjZtujl
New

Nepal

Replies reward +5 Points

check
2019-11-18
Use props
Ced Mau
New

Mexico

Replies reward +5 Points

Can you make sphere panorama with a mavic mini?
2019-11-18
Use props
Ced Mau
New

Mexico

Replies reward +5 Points

Can you make sphere panorama with a mavic mini?
2019-11-18
Use props
djiuser_9qXkalozxlRt
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

All looks very good - BUT where the hell is it. Pre-ordered 31st Oct. Release 11 Nov - now a week later and still my order says in process. When a book or music is released it is available on the day. So why are DJI so slow?
2019-11-18
Use props
FirstQuadcopter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1478136 ft
Romania

Good to know: At the end of RTH, if no suitable zone to land, it will just hover at 2 meters above.
2019-11-19
Use props
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

No stock anywhere in the uk  at the moment
2019-11-19
Use props
djiuser_9qXkalozxlRt
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

CubbyJonson Posted at 11-19 01:08
No stock anywhere in the uk  at the moment

Thanks for that.
How is it that when apple release a new phone, people are queing at the door on the day.
Yet DJI can take payment and not deliver on time?
2019-11-19
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I am new as a dronist, but I love it!!! The tiny Mini is perfect for beginners,
so easy to fly! Unfortunately, it is raining cats and dogs here in Germany
and I cannot fly...
Here is a short clip of my second flight. The range in a hilly area is impressive!

2019-11-19
Use props
Bogarncz
lvl.1
Czechia

Replies reward +5 Points

Great review, thanks.
2019-11-19
Use props
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

Where can you fly anyway...look at where you cannot fly in the uk
Built-up and busy areas
Never fly closer to built-up and busy areas than 150m.

Never fly above these areas at any height.

Examples of built-up and busy areas:

cities and towns
villages
beaches and recreational parks that are part of a city, town or village
housing estates
schools and offices
retail, warehouse, industrial and business parks
theme parks
so what's left???
i used to fly my phantom 4 on my local parks and a huge playing field at the rear of my old school but by the looks of it now there is nowhere to go legally not even in my own back garden...was going to buy a MM but don't think i will bother.
2019-11-19
Use props
Menek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 291129 ft
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

A nice little drone. recently problem with aircraft power insufficient but hopply it's only temporary software bug.
2019-11-19
Use props
Alex sarmar
New

Mexico

Replies reward +5 Points

Please, DJI team, add active track, think with software update.
2019-11-19
Use props
Gator357
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just been on to customer support to find out where my order is
Pre ordered 31st October payment cleaned 31st October - estimated delivery 20 to 25 days after payment clears
So expecting anytime soon - WRONG - my delivery date is 29 DECEMBER !!!

Come on DJI get your finger out and deliver
2019-11-20
Use props
Chuck Norris
lvl.1
South Africa

Replies reward +5 Points

Placed my order for MM yesterday. Got delivered to my office this morning. Ordered from a local authorize seller. And this is in a 3rd world country.
2019-11-20
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11460925 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Lysak2003 Posted at 10-30 05:51
Waiting to watch some real reviews. Especially interested to see how it can stand against quite strong wind (that was I think one of the problem for Spark)

It does better than I thought in the wind, with my weather app saying 15mph and there were 20-25mph gusts and the footage was stable when I sent it up.  It seemed to be rocked around a little bit, but not to the point where it would be messing up the video or stressing the drone.
2019-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules