Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic Mini Released - The Everyday Flycam
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Replies reward 40 Points Reply to this post for a chance to win 5 Points! Each person is 2 times
ririlan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 879154 ft
Canada

Replies reward +5 Points

GoldenSun Posted at 10-30 05:18
Super curious to test it out!

so far so good
2019-11-4
Use props
djiuser_rYqL2R5IvL76
lvl.1

Canada

Replies reward +5 Points

Will the app have "unlock" section also for self unlock ?
thanks
2019-11-4
Use props
djicheaha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

pducharme Posted at 11-4 05:37
Yes, i also ordered and it will be a lonnnnng wait !   I hope they will at least release the Fly App in the Apple AppStore before my drone get here!

I ordered the MM Combo on the first day. Anticipation is part of the journey. My previous experience with my MA order was a surprising earlier arrival than anticipated. I also expect the app will be available shortly before arrivals.
2019-11-4
Use props
djiuser_yWYrbkJt6gHo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 212051 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

djicheaha Posted at 11-4 12:59
I ordered the MM Combo on the first day. Anticipation is part of the journey. My previous experience with my MA order was a surprising earlier arrival than anticipated. I also expect the app will be available shortly before arrivals.

Same here, I ordered the MM Combo on the first day and it says 20 - 25 business days.  But if I go to Best Buy they  cliam that if I preorder through them I will recieve it by release day Nov 11th.

Sould I have ordered through Best Buy?
2019-11-4
Use props
djicheaha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_yWYrbkJt6gHo Posted at 11-4 16:57
Same here, I ordered the MM Combo on the first day and it says 20 - 25 business days.  But if I go to Best Buy they  cliam that if I preorder through them I will recieve it by release day Nov 11th.

Sould I have ordered through Best Buy?

If you are a BB rewards member, you could reduce your overall cost. For me, I will stick with my order from DJI, anticipate arrival and fly my MA while I wait. Wish you well.
2019-11-4
Use props
azzamen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14616165 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Replies reward +5 Points

Please tell me is there a panoramic photo mode?
Have anyone source photo for panoramic photo?
Thanks.
2019-11-4
Use props
FirstQuadcopter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1478136 ft
Spain

Replies reward +5 Points

S-e-ven Posted at 11-2 04:26
I looked, too, but google just point to a DJI website.
Will change with the first deliveries, methinks

As I know APP will be available for download only starting with 11.11. If you are curious how it looks the new interface, you can check my Mavic Mini review. I included screen shouts and a video recorded from my phone's screen.

APP video settings

APP video settings
2019-11-4
Use props
FirstQuadcopter
lvl.3
Spain

Replies reward +5 Points

forgot to mention, the app has a more easy to use interface compared the one I used with my Phantom 3.
2019-11-4
Use props
FirstQuadcopter
lvl.3
Spain

robat19 Posted at 10-31 19:57
Do we really anticipate the flymore taking an additional two weeks to ship? Considering cancelling my order for the standard version and just buying a rechargeable battery pack to use instead of the extra two batteries.

Besides the 3 batteries, combo comes with a nice two-way charge. It allows to charge 3 batteries (unfortunately not in the same time) and as a bonus you can use it as power-bank to charge the remote or your phone. The charger allows to check charging level as well (no LEDs on on LIPOs)
2019-11-4
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

FirstQuadcopter Posted at 11-4 23:00
forgot to mention, the app has a more easy to use interface compared the one I used with my Phantom 3.

Have you done a CE range test, yet?

2019-11-4
Use props
cicciopilota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36624 ft
  • >>>

Replies reward +5 Points

as usual difference between usa and europe, in italy ce seem very poor quality signal in city with tons of wifu, why dji not put light bridge like usa model ???
2019-11-5
Use props
Ken Storm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

Would fitting the 360 cage, put it over 250g, would that mean you need to register it?
2019-11-5
Use props
FirstQuadcopter
lvl.3
Spain

S-e-ven Posted at 11-4 23:49
Have you done a CE range test, yet?

max range, not tested yet.
2019-11-5
Use props
FirstQuadcopter
lvl.3
Spain

Ken Storm Posted at 11-5 00:31
Would fitting the 360 cage, put it over 250g, would that mean you need to register it?

yes with cage is over 250g. to stay bellow 250 the only option is to use lower capacity lipo.
2019-11-5
Use props
Patrick90
New

Germany

Replies reward +5 Points

can someone tell me, how fucking stupid is it, to take a micro USB and not USB C?
2019-11-5
Use props
djiuser_q1uHI6OP3pqW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

Nice one, BUT what about the dji fly app????
2019-11-5
Use props
djiuser_q1uHI6OP3pqW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

Want to buy the mavic mini but first really need to see the app!!
As far as reviews for existing apps go, dji hasn't covered itself in glory!!!
Should mention that I'm new to dju.
2019-11-5
Use props
Alexei Merinov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Russia

o_laparoto Posted at 11-1 02:40
Totally agree. The camera could have been pushed to 4K, but for such a small entry drone that is not bad at all.

This small drone is the only thing that can take off without breaking the law in some countries. In Russia, for example, in October of this year, new very, very stringent flight rules were introduced for aircraft heavier than 250 grams. Which can only be performed by companies that fly professionally.
Those. or nothing or this drone. And so it was great to see here 4K 60 fps with HDR. We wait!
2019-11-5
Use props
Alexei Merinov
lvl.4
Russia

ScanDrone Posted at 11-1 04:10
Not on my wishlist, but will be a decent drone for many this Xmas. It's pretty clear DJI aimed this at markets heavily regulated of weight. In the US I don't think it will actually do any real difference. Some obvious reasons for the lack of 4k; DJI don't want to compete with the 2x priced MA, running 4k would require faster and more expensive CPU, a faster CPU would require more cooling (=making it heavier) and drain the battery faster. So I would not expect 4k for a while. Personally I would have liked DJI to keep the DJI Go4 software and just gray out the features not compatible instead of introducing a new, and likely initially buggy software. I guess the main reason they have not yet released it, is they are trying to fix the known defects before shipping. Expect a rapid release cycle with fixes initially

I assume that after some pause, which is required to work on the bugs, we will see this drone (or with the "S" index) with 4K-60fps-HDR video with manual settings. And adapts it for DJI GO4.
DJI goes forward very powerfully ...
2019-11-5
Use props
djiuser_gGW6E9EzGp2X
New
Malaysia

Replies reward +5 Points

i've been having connection problem with my osmo mobile 3. After taking video about 2 to 3 min, the connection lost. Is anybody facing the same problem before? thanks in advance. #untademam
2019-11-5
Use props
Alexei Merinov
lvl.4
Russia

raw75 Posted at 11-1 02:24
Thought this was the perfect drone for me to use on the go. Small, lightweight and really affordable. The specs are more than ok for the price tag and missing features like tracking , sensors and most manual picture settings are perfectly fine with me. But to only have jpg for photo output is the total bummer. Most of the picture information get's dumped and can not be recovered in post just because the software don'l provide a dng raw file. Hopefully they add this feature with a firmware update in the future, otherwise no purchase for me.

I agree ! I am a fan of 360-pano that without raw  will look wretched ...By the way - does he have a 360-panorama mode?
2019-11-5
Use props
fans852b9bb9
New
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

能不能加上手动模式 求你了!!! Can you please add manual mode please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2019-11-5
Use props
azzamen
lvl.3
  • >>>
Russia

Replies reward +5 Points

Alexei Merinov Posted at 11-5 03:17
I agree ! I am a fan of 360-pano that without raw  will look wretched ...By the way - does he have a 360-panorama mode?

As far as I know no. There are only two modes.
2019-11-5
Use props
Alexei Merinov
lvl.4
Russia

azzamen Posted at 11-5 03:36
As far as I know no. There are only two modes.[view_image]

Thank! Yes, this is disappointing ....
2019-11-5
Use props
Mkurr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1605564 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Nice drone, kinda non professional though...
2019-11-5
Use props
Alexei Merinov
lvl.4
Russia

FirstQuadcopter Posted at 11-4 22:57
As I know APP will be available for download only starting with 11.11. If you are curious how it looks the new interface, you can check my Mavic Mini review. I included screen shouts and a video recorded from my phone's screen.
[view_image]

link does not work. Can you post this video on YouTube?
2019-11-5
Use props
JEZ2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

I think this is well done and the right price for the features.  For many who want just want to fly, it should be great.  For the more serious photo/video people, it's probably not enough to replace a more fully featured drone/camera, but there's still a play to have it around, particularly in those countries where you can do more with it.
2019-11-5
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

FirstQuadcopter Posted at 11-5 00:52
max range, not tested yet.

Are you going to?
2019-11-5
Use props
o_laparoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 753340 ft
Portugal

Alexei Merinov Posted at 11-5 02:50
This small drone is the only thing that can take off without breaking the law in some countries. In Russia, for example, in October of this year, new very, very stringent flight rules were introduced for aircraft heavier than 250 grams. Which can only be performed by companies that fly professionally.
Those. or nothing or this drone. And so it was great to see here 4K 60 fps with HDR. We wait!

Alexei Merinov Russia have restricted drone laws? I was planning to fly there next year. So it's impossible if it for non commercial use?
2019-11-5
Use props
azzamen
lvl.3
  • >>>
Russia

o_laparoto Posted at 11-5 07:32
Alexei Merinov Russia have restricted drone laws? I was planning to fly there next year. So it's impossible if it for non commercial use?

This is not true. Since Oct'19 we must to registrate our drones, it is not so difficult. Other laws was not changed and its hard.)
If you want to fly in Russia, before you arrive you must register the drone (by sending paper letter ). Before you will fly you need to get using airspace permission (3 or 5 days before flying). If you will fly in city you need to get city permission.
And due to such harsh rules, no one is following them.
If you want I can help understand the laws, as I made a website about Russian laws for drones.
sfmE
2019-11-5
Use props
Mkurr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1605564 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Here is a video I made with the Mavic pro, I like the 4k I wish the mini had it too...

2019-11-5
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mkurr Posted at 11-5 13:01
Here is a video I made with the Mavic pro, I like the 4k I wish the mini had it too...

https://youtu.be/Enw-8hwmsnI

We all do. But it doesn't.
2019-11-5
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

Replies reward +5 Points

I see both the standalone and the combo are available for sale today from DJI retail outlets in Sweden. Kind of odd.
2019-11-5
Use props
fella
lvl.1

Indonesia

Replies reward +5 Points

Can my Dji googgle use with mavic mini
2019-11-5
Use props
o_laparoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 753340 ft
Portugal

azzamen Posted at 11-5 09:58
This is not true. Since Oct'19 we must to registrate our drones, it is not so difficult. Other laws was not changed and its hard.)
If you want to fly in Russia, before you arrive you must register the drone (by sending paper letter  ). Before you will fly you need to get using airspace permission (3 or 5 days before flying). If you will fly in city you need to get city permission.
And due to such harsh rules, no one is following them.

Hi Azzamen,

Please provide the links. I'm interested.

Thank you!
2019-11-6
Use props
Mountaindrone-Dronefocus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

Replies reward +5 Points

Hello,
3000 meters hight does an absolute altitude limit (take off impossible) or just a limitation of speed on this altitude ?
what happens at 4 000 meters hight ?
2019-11-6
Use props
mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5062887 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Replies reward +5 Points

Ordered! Can not wait
2019-11-6
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Mountaindrone-Dronefocus Posted at 11-6 04:24
Hello,
3000 meters hight does an absolute altitude limit (take off impossible) or just a limitation of speed on this altitude ?
what happens at 4 000 meters hight ?

It falls like a stone? ;-)

Actually, watching the one video with the guys near LA, in the mountains, you could get an idea what happens in case it is to thin air.

And that was "a bit" under 3000 m!
2019-11-6
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

I am just wondering if the blades from the Anafi may fit on the Mini.
That could cover a bit of the (perhaps?) power issues!

2019-11-6
Use props
Sheehank
lvl.1

United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Looking forward to getting it. Any advice on where to get the base station or when it will be back in stock? Seems to not be available in the store
2019-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules