Mavic Mini with DJI Goggles
79664 353 2019-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Charizard Posted at 11-2 13:40
This is a very important feature to just not include for the reason of the DJI Mavic Mini being "entry-level". Not only would this help sell more DJI goggles but also sell more Mavic Minis.

When I saw video of the Mavic Mini I was excited about using it with the DJI goggles but then disappointed to find out the DJI goggles are not supported. Please submit as feedback.

We do appreciate your feedback with regards to this matter. I will surely take note of this suggestions of yours. Thank you!
2019-11-5
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28048 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'll order a Mavic Mini when there is confirmation of compatibility with DJI goggles. Until then I'll keep flying my FPV quads.
2019-11-5
Use props
djiuser_Eo1R6q9cz0a4
New

United States

As a beginner to drones I really want to join the dji family. I was all in to purchase the mini it looks perfect for the price point to get used to DJI before I make the bigger commitment to a larger mavic or zoom. But I found this post and severely disappointed to find out the goggles are not compatible with the mini. I feel I would have the best experience with the goggles and would love for you to update the mini to allow the goggles. I understand it is a new product and will take time.. but please make the goggles compatable!
2019-11-6
Use props
djiuser_kNIFoJf3XZ8h
lvl.1

United States

I just want to chime in to add my request for the Mavic Mini to support DJI Goggles as well. This drone is a perfect candidate for use with the goggles. Please add that feature!
2019-11-6
Use props
ccdji
lvl.1

United States

Please announce a commitment for Mavic Mini goggle support so I don't have to cancel my pre-order and order if/when its announced. Lack of goggle support is a show stopper.
2019-11-6
Use props
fansaf48149c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19882 ft
Canada

Even Mavic Mini is an entry-level drone and being used with a brand-new application, DJI Fly, it is a replacement of Spark. Besides, DJI Goggles "works with EVERY DJI Drone". The Mini could and should support DJI Goggles, please add this feature. Thanks!!!
2019-11-6
Use props
fans3c8741ef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137605 ft
United Kingdom

Another DJI user here who wants to buy one but will wait until Goggles are supported.

I was so looking forward to this, but absolutely gutted to find out it isn't.
17 in my group and we all want this but only 2 are going to buy without goggle support.

2019-11-7
Use props
98 SNAKE EATER
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I was just about to pull the trigger on a a fly more package at B&H, but then I read this thread.

Definitely a deal breaker if not compatible with my Goggles
2019-11-7
Use props
fans3c8741ef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137605 ft
United Kingdom

We are all analaog quad fliers and want to fly this, so flying without goggles is  teh only way the guys will migrate. I hope this support is released soon.
Price point is just within reach so OK for us to make the jump up for a different experience from quad racing.

2019-11-7
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wish DJI will support the Goggles in the Mavic Mini
2019-11-7
Use props
dok
lvl.1

Austria

I also want to chime in to add my request for the Mavic Mini to support DJI Goggles as well. This drone is a perfect candidate for use with the goggles. Please add that feature! This will be a win-win-situation for sure     ! And if not "possible" to make this happen immediatelly please announce, that with a future update this is going to come true (as your goggles are that fantastic and work with every of  your airborn vehicles/drones !!!
please!!!!!
--> thx
2019-11-7
Use props
fans3a123a54
New

Portugal

+1 here

can you announce that the goggles will be available on DJI mavic mini?
2019-11-8
Use props
PopsA408
lvl.1

United States

Pre order on Amazon cancelled.   How foolish of me.  I believed you when the Mavic Pro brand was released that implied all hurdles had been cleared.  Clearly many had not.  Please let us know how long it will take to complete our order.?????????
2019-11-8
Use props
ccdji
lvl.1

United States

Cancelled my pre order today. Can't buy them without goggle support.
2019-11-8
Use props
Millo
lvl.2
Puerto Rico

please add goggle support.
2019-11-8
Use props
doctorned
New

Switzerland

Hi,

Already buy one mini, so I will not cancel it but of course, if it's compatible, I will also buy the googles...

Ready to buy, if I can...

Thanks! ;)
2019-11-9
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

And if you  can use goggles, please make crystal sky work too! A must for me.....

which I've already bought.
2019-11-9
Use props
typxxi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107014 ft
Germany

Own a Mavic 2 and Spark with Goggles Racing edition.

I hate to see this happen again. Mavic 2 was in the beginning not supported by Goggles.
It took up to 6 month or so until in February the firmware update was able to support he Mavic 2 and it needed further firmware updates to heal a lot of mavic 2 - goggles issues.

And now I wanted to buy a Mini at the first day first minute until I heard rumors about a new app and now goggles support that made me cancel the order.

Is it so hard to devlope and deliver a real word product and not product featured by promises in the past that will be broken or fullfilled far too late?

I have time but you will need the revenues for your shareholders and that pretty damn fast, so the likelihood is on my side that I will get the spark a lot cheaper.
2019-11-9
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-5 14:24
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we do appreciate your feedback. In addition to this, I already forwarded this request feature to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!

I always find these moderator comments amusing. This and that will be forwarded to whichever department. I would’ve thought that some things are just basic common sense, such as having the ability to fly the MM with the goggles. Seems like just another product that we are going to be the testers of, why does DJI operate this way? This product is so far from completion as others before, yet it’s for sale. Very, very disappointing DJI. Nope, I wouldn’t even think to buy this drone...
2019-11-9
Use props
DroneVideoGuy
lvl.2

Canada

I don't think they envisioned this working with the goggles honestly, but we can all hope, wait and see!
2019-11-9
Use props
Elvizz
New

Thailand

I am also thinking about buying the Mini as my first drone but without the support of the DJI goggles this is a dealbreaker for me.
@ DJI: Any update here? Will the Mini work with the DJI Goggles? You guys advertise that the Goggles work with EVERY DJI Drone....
2019-11-10
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know if the Mavic Mini requires the OTG cable from the controller to your phone? Can it connect wirelessly?
2019-11-10
Use props
P3Sdestroyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

The DJI goggles are a must for me, I hope they don't do the same with the goggles as they have done with the Apps (make new goggles for the mini)
2019-11-10
Use props
Gioss51
lvl.1
Italy

La App Dji Fly per il mavic mini non viene caricato sul mio Huawei mate 10 pro, dual sim
2019-11-10
Use props
djiuser_PNPvVFlfQVwx
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-30 09:08
Hi, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, the DJI Mavic Mini is not yet compatible with the DJI Goggles since this product is an entry-level that is used with our brand-new application, DJI Fly. However, we will continue to optimize the product according to the customer's requests. Also, we will directly forward this suggestion of yours to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Hi!
Not sure if my 2 cents matter, but I would also like goggle compatibility with the mini. Thank you!

-Chad
2019-11-10
Use props
stephaneD
New

Canada

no google no mini for me......i see it a an expensive toy
2019-11-10
Use props
fans652d5e63
lvl.2
Canada

PLEASE make the mavic mini compatible (like the spark) with the dji goggles in the near future. Otherwise, you'll lose a big market part. I know dozen hobbyists here that have cancelled their mavic mini order because of incompatiblity with the goggles...
2019-11-10
Use props
Flux
lvl.2
United States

The DJI Goggles 2 description states they are "The DJI Goggles are designed for easy FPV flying, providing both seamless control and crystal clear views. All newer DJI aircraft models work seamlessly with the DJI Goggles." If this is false advertising I will be very disappointed and would expect DJI to rectify this. If my Goggles 2 do not work seamlessly with the newest DJI aircraft as the description states they will then we have issues.
2019-11-11
Use props
Flux
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-5 14:24
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we do appreciate your feedback. In addition to this, I already forwarded this request feature to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Feature request? the goggles 2 page says it's already there. "The DJI Goggles are designed for easy FPV flying, providing both seamless control and crystal clear views. All newer DJI aircraft models work seamlessly with the DJI Goggles."
2019-11-11
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some see it a entry level but for me it's more for travel. With the goggles it lets you explore and capture things that just don't see on a small screens. I hope they make it compatible soon. I would also like to see them do a smaller set of goggles like the Epson Moverio BT-300 FPV.
2019-11-11
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It could be, if DJI update the damn Firmware on the CrystalSky to allow the DJI Fly App to be installed. You could then link the Goggles to the HDMI out on the CrystalSky.
2019-11-12
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-30 09:08
Hi, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, the DJI Mavic Mini is not yet compatible with the DJI Goggles since this product is an entry-level that is used with our brand-new application, DJI Fly. However, we will continue to optimize the product according to the customer's requests. Also, we will directly forward this suggestion of yours to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!

If you update the CrystalSky to allow DJI Fly App to be installed it will work with the Goggles and Goggles RE via the HDMI out.

Thats how I could operate my Mavic Air, And my Sparks. Its also how I could get around the Goggles RE transmission Distance issues on my Mavic 2s by connecting to the SmartContoller HDMI out.

Please update the CrystalSkys
2019-11-12
Use props
fansc99f1c4e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2136 ft
Canada

+1 for Goggles support, thanks!
2019-11-13
Use props
dok
lvl.1

Germany

another idea till you you (=dji) are able to announce the support of your goggles for mavic mini: how about sending / releasing a SoftwareDevelopmentKit to Litchi, so that I can use a VR-goggle with my smartphone as with litchi it´s possble displaying  two images from the video fed for standard VR-goggles....
looking forward to your support /answer
2019-11-13
Use props
djiuser_tzuK2Crveuuc
New

United States

Using goggles would be a  violation of VLOS rules, wouldn't it   ?   
2019-11-13
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

djiuser_tzuK2Crveuuc Posted at 11-13 16:54
Using goggles would be a  violation of VLOS rules, wouldn't it   ?

Good point,
However there are other googles like the EPSON BT300, which allows to see the environment + screen... I never thought on gogles but people seem to love them, will like to see this feature added too.
2019-11-14
Use props
truthseekers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3684 ft
United Kingdom

Airheadbit Posted at 11-5 07:16
I have an M2Z with Goggles RE, my 10.5 S4 tablet has so much more detail then the Re goggles it isn't even close.
There is a $100 tablet that has HDMI out you can connect to the RE, I use it for connecting to a 46" monitor.
DJI is going to regret having a different app for each drone, already they can't keep up with fixes for existing app/products... Still waiting on a fix for RE: STOP reprogramming my drone on connection!

wow you make a very good point. I have the NVIDIA  shield and this may well allow me to use my goggles with a mavic mini. Im going to try that. Thanks.
2019-11-14
Use props
truthseekers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3684 ft
United Kingdom

sokolum Posted at 11-5 13:50
I was so surprised to see they had to launch a different app for this. It’s almost 2020, the time of hyperconvertion. So create one app where you can have it all.

They wanted to remove a lot of functions you would expect to see in the full app... because your buying a cheaper drone. Ie to make you feel poor. This is a ploy to get you to also buy bigger drones. However they killed the bigger drone market because nobody will want to buy those now you have to register your drone and youy can use the mavic mini for commercial work without needing a PFCO from CAA in UK. DJI just shot themselves in the foot whilst also bypasing the CAA... do genius and stupidity all at once. hehe.
2019-11-14
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Guess we won’t hear anything from DJI in time to order one for a Christmas present.
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_PNPvVFlfQVwx Posted at 11-10 14:52
Hi!
Not sure if my 2 cents matter, but I would also like goggle compatibility with the mini. Thank you!

Hi, Chad. Yes. this was already been raised to our designated department and they are now looking into it. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Cheers!
2019-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules