Mavic Mini with DJI Goggles
79645 353 2019-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Flux Posted at 11-11 11:33
Feature request? the goggles 2 page says it's already there. "The DJI Goggles are designed for easy FPV flying, providing both seamless control and crystal clear views. All newer DJI aircraft models work seamlessly with the DJI Goggles."

Hi, thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic Air used with our brand new application, DJI FLY. Therefore, we are still optimizing this compatibility for the said aircraft. We really appreciate your patience and understanding with regards to this matter. Thank you!
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

bjr981s Posted at 11-12 03:27
If you update the CrystalSky to allow DJI Fly App to be installed it will work with the Goggles and Goggles RE via the HDMI out.

Thats how I could operate my Mavic Air, And my Sparks. Its also how I could get around the Goggles RE transmission Distance issues on my Mavic 2s by connecting to the SmartContoller HDMI out.

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We will surely take note of these suggestions of yours and will forward this to the engineers who are now working to optimize the product. Please feel free to reach us. Your suggestions are very important to us. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-11-14
Use props
fans14f61595
New
United States

I have a Ronin and a Osmo and the Mavic Mini would be my first drone.

Getting confused as to why the goggles would be compatible with a Spark which is entry level and not a Mini. Especially when the goggles say either compatible with Mavic Series.

“The OTG cable connects to a Mavic Mini or Spark remote controller via a Micro USB port at one end and connects to an external device via a USB port (USB Type-A port) at the other end to transmit video feedback and control data.”

If it’s not compatible then remove it from the other products support descriptions

Come on DJI if a Spark can work!
2019-11-14
Use props
hi dive
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136650 ft
Japan

def +1 to this. love my gogs and am waiting on mini.
2019-11-14
Use props
fans652d5e63
lvl.2
Canada

Dji owners plse consider this : a Spark with goggles owner won't want to upgrade/switch for the Mini knowing the incompatibility.  You'll lose a customer and the $ from the drone mini purchase.     In the case where someone wants to buy the mini and the goggles for a great fpv experience under the 250g, you'll lose also money due to this incompatibility but more in this case : the $ from the drone mini + the $ from the goggles.  Please don't think that customers eventually will buy a pricer mavic  instead cause nowadays there are plenty of reasons to not go with higher than a 250g drone.

As a smart company I'm sure that Dji will make the right decision soon
2019-11-15
Use props
fans8c1f4988
New
Flight distance : 739862 ft
United States

Just bought the Mini thinking that they would be compatible with the goggles. Very disappointed. Someone need to tweet that Fly app.
2019-11-16
Use props
rnst2
lvl.1
Canada

bought one today for travels.
now is a ‘no’ to goggles?!
SUCKS!!!!
2019-11-16
Use props
eirikso
lvl.1

Norway

Same here. Need support for the Goggles RE before I buy this drone.

-eirik
2019-11-18
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Add my voice too!
2019-11-18
Use props
djiuser_RDpozUn4JhQY
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-30 09:08
Hi, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, the DJI Mavic Mini is not yet compatible with the DJI Goggles since this product is an entry-level that is used with our brand-new application, DJI Fly. However, we will continue to optimize the product according to the customer's requests. Also, we will directly forward this suggestion of yours to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!

The Mavic Mini better have googles.... the future of the company depends on it. I won't buy a dji product without goggle support
2019-11-19
Use props
Uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

truthseekers Posted at 11-14 09:39
wow you make a very good point. I have the NVIDIA  shield and this may well allow me to use my goggles with a mavic mini. Im going to try that. Thanks.

Did you get the DJI Fly app to install to your NVIDIA ? It would not install to mine even downloading the APK , says device incompatible
2019-11-19
Use props
djiuser_ZJ19syRdHdMe
New
Switzerland

What a disappointment... Even Tiny Whoop which is 24 gramms and 70$ drone (from inductrix or betafpv) has fpv goggles option!
2019-11-19
Use props
dok
lvl.1

Germany

mblasberg@Gmail.com Posted at 10-31 20:34
+1 on this idea, the compact design of the mini and flight time are awesome. I would like to see it work with the goggles before getting one.

yes please dji , let´s do it...or at least announce an update for the mavic mini that works with your goggles!!!!!
2019-11-20
Use props
fansfdd9f77d
New
Italy

Hi, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, the DJI Mavic Mini is not yet compatible with the DJI Goggles since this product is an entry-level that is used with our brand-new application, DJI Fly. However, we will continue to optimize the product according to the customer's requests. Also, we will directly forward this suggestion of yours to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Hi Just received my Mini, love it (find it easier to operate than my Mavic Pro), but would love to have my Goggles working with the Mini.
Thanks for pushing.
Best
Gerard
2019-11-20
Use props
Luis Mello
lvl.2

Canada

The googles would be cool, maybe my next purchase form dji if they create a want to make the mavic mini compatible
2019-11-20
Use props
Dixcentimes
lvl.2

France

I will buy the Mavic Mini only if ​​it is compatible with DJI Goggles and that's it...
A few thousand more requests and DJI will do it  

2019-11-20
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

If DJI do not make a fix to the DJI Fly software for the Mavic Mini to work with the DJI googles - I WON'T BUY THE DJI GOGGLES!!!!
Another sale will be lost
2019-11-20
Use props
Gene2
lvl.3
United States

I'm still  waiting for DJi to admit and fix the problems with Goggles RE and Mavic Pro 2.

If DJI would show that Mivic Mini would work with goggles Re I would buy the combo but I am skeptical that this company will listen or respond in a meaningful way.

Gene
2019-11-20
Use props
fans8e1a45f4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 693215 ft
United States

i have mavic pro and want mavic mini too, but if cant use dji goggles will not buy.
2019-11-20
Use props
fans3c8741ef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137605 ft
United Kingdom

@ DJI representative- Gamora - can you advise if there will definitely be support for goggles in the future? I'll wait if you can confirm. Thanks!
2019-11-22
Use props
djiuser_ARoME4Z1trTr
New

Canada

Please make the goggles available for fpv on my mavic mini that I've already bought from you!
2019-11-22
Use props
6arret
lvl.2
Canada

+1 on the goggles for me to!
2019-11-22
Use props
djiuser_2WBdkEV19qhp
New

United Kingdom

Maybe dji removed features on the mavic mini like white balance select and goggle support to push users to higher cost products like the mavic pros.

But the solution to making an amazing cheaper product isn't to cripple its features - the solution is to make better premium products alongside.
2019-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_RDpozUn4JhQY Posted at 11-19 14:28
The Mavic Mini better have googles.... the future of the company depends on it. I won't buy a dji product without goggle support

Hi, this concern was already been forwarded to our designated department and they are now looking into it. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
2019-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansfdd9f77d Posted at 11-20 03:09
Hi Just received my Mini, love it (find it easier to operate than my Mavic Pro), but would love to have my Goggles working with the Mini.
Thanks for pushing.
Best

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're glad that you already receive your DJI Mavic Mini. We will continue to optimize this product according to customer feedback. If you have relevant compatibility requirements, please feel free to tell us. Your suggestions are very important to us. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-11-22
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

rnst2 Posted at 11-16 17:36
bought one today for travels.
now is a ‘no’ to goggles?!
SUCKS!!!!

I am not sure how you travel with your goggles. I like my RE editions but way too large to pack away. I only use them locally. I wish DJI would make a set the size of my Fat Sharks. I do want to be able to use with my Mini.
2019-11-22
Use props
djiuser_jHwh0elkAMI4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 223894 ft
Hungary

Hi!  please resolve Googles support   
2019-11-23
Use props
Dick56
New

United States

I've held off for several years in buying a drone to find one that really had a good camera, was reliable and easy to fly. The mavic mini looks like it really fits the bill, but not having the option to add the fpv goggles is definitely a deal-breaker. Please add this function ASAP so I can make my purchase. Thank you!
2019-11-23
Use props
Jazz13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6430 ft
France

+1 Want to have this compatibility !!!
Please DJI communicate it will happen !!
2019-11-24
Use props
sokolum
lvl.1

Netherlands

djiuser_tzuK2Crveuuc Posted at 11-13 16:54
Using goggles would be a  violation of VLOS rules, wouldn't it   ?

Not when you flying with someone standing with you. But if so, why they sell these goggles? I bought these goggles as it was sold that it can be used with every DJI drone. Now i have one at it seems we can’t use it with the Mavic Mini. The. we have to things here, a legal issue and a compatible issue. That doesn’t sounds good to me.
2019-11-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_jHwh0elkAMI4 Posted at 11-23 02:08
Hi!  please resolve Googles support

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We already forwarded this suggestion to our designated department and they are now working on it. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Cheers!
2019-11-24
Use props
Jose Vibar
New

United States

+1 Goggle Support
2019-11-24
Use props
fans652d5e63
lvl.2
Canada

Yeah +1 Dji Goggles suppor t! Plse DJi prove us how great your company is   Could be an awesome x-mas gift to your customers.
2019-11-24
Use props
GerdS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4303379 ft
Germany

I have a Mavic Pro as well as the white DJI Goggles and since a week I also have the Mavic Mini. I also would like to fly it using the DJI Goggles and I already tried to connect them via OTG cable, but without luck.

As I was aware of that problem from that moment where the new DJI Fly app was introduced, I thought about other options for goggles and found a solution for me. By far not as good as the DJI goggles but it works, at least until DJI does their homework with releasing a compatible goggles firmware.

The main problem was finding a set of phone goggles which does not depend on VR compatible apps as most phone goggles do. And I found one at Amazon, not optimal because of missing shielding against entering light, but was able to improve that by some 3D printed parts.

And from the very beginning I am now successfully flying my Mavic Mini with goggles, using the DJI Fly app.
You will find more details at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3959342

DJI_0040.jpg

2019-11-25
Use props
Juice2
New

Poland

+1 gogle support, will wait till i get one when rhe support will be there
2019-11-26
Use props
twiz1
New

United States

This was going to be my present to myself for christmas...no goggles no mini...
2019-11-26
Use props
twiz1
New

United States

twiz1 Posted at 11-26 16:06
This was going to be my present to myself for christmas...no goggles no mini...

Oh and did I mention....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :-)
2019-11-26
Use props
djiuser_jHwh0elkAMI4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 223894 ft
Hungary

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-24 15:59
Hi, thank you for reaching out. We already forwarded this suggestion to our designated department and they are now working on it. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Cheers!

Omg ,very very very thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2019-11-27
Use props
fans9af54f79
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Holding off on purchase until Goggle support.
2019-11-28
Use props
djiuser_RDpozUn4JhQY
lvl.2
Canada

DJI should announce their commitment to including goggle support soon. If they don't enthusiasm for the drone may be affected in the near future. Also as a intermediate measure DJI should release an update to the FLY app that will allow split mode view for conversion of a cell phone to goggle case with support for bluetooth to make changes in the app while flying.
2019-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules