79648 353 2019-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GerdS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4303379 ft
Germany

Mavic One Posted at 3-4 06:30
I got the Goggles for my Mavic Pro. I am a filmmaker and photographer and for both f these tasks, they are not very useful. Someone else stated hat they were good for fun - that's exactly the point. You will use them a few weeks and then leave them at home.

Another thing worth mentioning: it is impossible to set the diopter - it is a gamble whether or not you will have a clear image.

Maybe the goggles are not perfect for especially you as a film maker, who needs quick access to camera settings, but this does not apply to others who just want to enjoy flying and seeing the world from above, just taking photos and video clips on occassion.

E.g. I am flying my Mavic Pro in 99% of cases with my white goggles, because they will give me so much more situational awareness compared to looking onto my phone screen.
And let me say, I have quite bad eyes and no problems with the goggles, just using lenses which can be inserted.

And same is valid for my Mavic Mini. I am flying it in 99% of cases with goggles, too. That sort of phone goggles described before within this thread.
2020-3-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

GerdS Posted at 3-5 08:01
Maybe the goggles are not perfect for especially you as a film maker, who needs quick access to camera settings, but this does not apply to others who just want to enjoy flying and seeing the world from above, just taking photos and video clips on occassion.

E.g. I am flying my Mavic Pro in 99% of cases with my white goggles, because they will give me so much more situational awareness compared to looking onto my phone screen.

that's a lot of flying with goggles.  how do you stand wearing those things?
2020-3-5
Use props
pdhart
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228517 ft
United Kingdom

Add me to the list of people who want DJI Goggle support for Mavic Mini.
2020-3-6
Use props
djiuser_SL2rpAbCkQ2M
New

United States

I was about to buy the mavic mini today but realized the goggles don't work with it. I doubt I could get good video if I had to view the shot on my phone screen. I would much rather view it in the goggles so I know I'm getting the shot.
2020-3-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_SL2rpAbCkQ2M Posted at 3-7 18:54
I was about to buy the mavic mini today but realized the goggles don't work with it. I doubt I could get good video if I had to view the shot on my phone screen. I would much rather view it in the goggles so I know I'm getting the shot.

really?  you're not sure if you can get a good shot using the mini without googles?   c'mon.  
2020-3-8
Use props
djiuser_25rs1LVf7zOY
lvl.1
United States

The Saint Posted at 3-8 10:56
really?  you're not sure if you can get a good shot using the mini without googles?   c'mon.

The people have spoken ...  Only DJI remains silent
2020-3-8
Use props
Fanfan7110
New

France

I am orrified by what I have just seen. Indeed, having gone through the DJI site, I read like everyone that the Goggles were compatible with all Mavic models. So I order it (399 €)!
They arrived today and so I'm trying to connect them .. BUT nothing.
So I launch a google search and I fall on the forum, or I discover that my mavic mini is actually a big scam.
How dare they design a drone in 2020 that is not compatible with immersion flight!
When I buy a drone it is only to fly it with goggles.
Suddenly, I feel that I will resell the drone, send back the goggles and permanently change brands!
No one has had a DJI response for this HUGE problem?
2020-3-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fanfan7110 Posted at 3-13 09:01
I am orrified by what I have just seen. Indeed, having gone through the DJI site, I read like everyone that the Goggles were compatible with all Mavic models. So I order it (399 €)!
They arrived today and so I'm trying to connect them .. BUT nothing.
So I launch a google search and I fall on the forum, or I discover that my mavic mini is actually a big scam.

on the dji page for the goggles:

LEARN MORE

[1] DJI Goggles support the Mavic series (except for Mavic Mini and Mavic 2 Enterprise), Phantom 4 series, Inspire series, and Spark. Some functions have been adapted for different DJI products.
[2] HD mode: 1080p/30fps: near-field with no interference; 720p/30fps: at long range or with interference; Smooth Mode: 720p/60fps.
[3] Using the Mavic Pro, stream wirelessly at 720p/60fps and record video at 720p/120fps.
[4] For Mavic Pro with two pairs of DJI Goggles and two RCs only.
[5] The use of a spotter is essential when wearing DJI Goggles. The aircraft should not fly beyond the spotter’s line of sight.
[6] DJI Goggles can only play content downloaded from DJI drones,only videos with a resolution of 1080P/60fps or lower can be viewed via the Goggles.
2020-3-13
Use props
djiuser_25rs1LVf7zOY
lvl.1
Canada

The Saint Posted at 3-13 10:27
on the dji page for the goggles:

LEARN MORE

Then again, that is the same page with the video that advertises the googles mentions at 3min:48sec that  "All newer DJI aircraft models work seamlessly with the DJI goggles". I have indicated this here sometime ago as misleading at best ...

www. dji. com/dji-goggles?site=brandsite&from=nav
Also in the same page, the one that you mention, there is a picture in the "Comfortable and flexible section" which indicates that the goggles are compatible with:

Phantom Series
Spark
Mavic Series
Other Compatible devices
Inspire series

and at the end of the page as you mentioned, in the small print section exists the text that you attached.

So, to be honest, for people who do not read the smallprint (that I believe was recently added there), this page has a video that clearly indicates compatibilty  as well as picture that suggest the same.

Djievil is in the details

2020-3-13
Use props
AV8B Driver
New
United States

I use the goggles with my Inspire 2 and Mavic 2 Pro. I love the idea of using them with my Mavic Mini. Just because DJI calls it entry level doesn’t mean that advanced users don’t or won’t use it. I love the flight time and it’s extremely compact size. It suits a purpose and allows me to use it in areas that I would never use my Inspire or Mavic. Relatively inexpensive, yes. Compact, convenient, and simple to use, yes. Lacking a few essential features, yes.... Please add this functionality DJI!
2020-3-15
Use props
Gropada38
New
Flight distance : 344 ft
Italy

I'm a Dji Mavic Pro and DJI Goggles owner, would like to buy the Mavic Mini if it could be paired with the DJI Goggles.
2020-3-26
Use props
John Morgan Jake
New

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-10-30 09:08
Hi, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, the DJI Mavic Mini is not yet compatible with the DJI Goggles since this product is an entry-level that is used with our brand-new application, DJI Fly. However, we will continue to optimize the product according to the customer's requests. Also, we will directly forward this suggestion of yours to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Hi is there any chance you will be moving forward with this at all?
2020-4-2
Use props
German DroneTV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 741864 ft
Germany

John Morgan Jake Posted at 4-2 09:40
Hi is there any chance you will be moving forward with this at all?

Once again, here is a workaround:
2020-4-2
Use props
djiuser_saqWgMkL6o7A
New

United States

Yes please I want to get a mini, but I want to be able to use goggles. +1 from me too.
2020-4-4
Use props
djiuser_eUAjORyTGZxL
New
Australia

I would like to buy the MAVIC MINI, but will wait to see if it’s goggles compatible before purchasing.

Just because it’s small doesn’t mean that people flying km away don’t want goggles, like you’re other mini drones.
2020-4-7
Use props
djiuser_eUAjORyTGZxL
New
Australia

German DroneTV Posted at 4-2 23:02
Once again, here is a workaround:
https://youtu.be/w7Zs1JUTWsg

Does that engage any of the head-tracking features of the goggles or just as a screen?
2020-4-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_eUAjORyTGZxL Posted at 4-7 21:48
I would like to buy the MAVIC MINI, but will wait to see if it’s goggles compatible before purchasing.

Just because it’s small doesn’t mean that people flying km away don’t want goggles, like you’re other mini drones.

you'll be waiting around forever because it's not going to happen.  the reason is not because the mini is small, there are other reasons.
2020-4-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_eUAjORyTGZxL Posted at 4-7 21:51
Does that engage any of the head-tracking features of the goggles or just as a screen?

using the term workaround loosely; there is no head tracking features.,  it's just a screen.
2020-4-8
Use props
wkf94025
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1096 ft
United States

I purchased a Mavic Mini in late March, but will be returning it because of the lack of goggle support.  Too bad.
Before I will buy again, I would like to see:
1) goggle support
2) follow-me functionality
3) ideally one app for all my DJI birds (P4P, M2P, and maybe a Mini someday)

Adios.
2020-4-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I bought a hundred (100) fly more kits for the sales team and before I pulled the trigger on a hundred googles, I found out the googles were incompatible.  I'm returning all 100 kits.  
2020-4-9
Use props
djiuser_hFHujK7UqGDI
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I bought the mavic mini expecting it would work but no. That's wasted my money. Why can't you make something compatible with your own product. Hope you don't bring out some just for the mini. Feels like Iv been robbed. Gutted
2020-4-13
Use props
djiuser_kccX3MUyppsZ
New

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-11-5 14:25
We do appreciate your feedback with regards to this matter. I will surely take note of this suggestions of yours. Thank you!

I am hoping to hear some good news as I have purchased the min and am constantly finding ways to link it to any vr goggles headset. Please advise
2020-4-14
Use props
fans10552b49
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108054 ft
Italy

Hey DJI, are you deaf?
We are the guys that pay your salaries!!!!
Would you please follow up all the above requests?
You arrogance is not tolerable. If you do not do what your salary payer say, I will stop buying from you.
In the end you are not the only decent drone producer.
2020-4-18
Use props
Steve#39s
lvl.1

United States

This is a real let down in the product. I find it most unfortunate a product (Spark) at 1/3rd the cost was FPV compatible. How is it possible a product even though as mentioned entry level has a high demand feature missing that was in a lower entry level product? At a minimum one would think this would allow you to sell more accessories and products. I would venture to say you are losing Mavic Mini and goggle sales.
2020-4-18
Use props
Danveal
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Hi,

I tried to connect the remote control of the mavic mini to the dji goggles via usb cable as you do with the spark. The goggles detect the connection and the telemetry is shown but there is no image. It would be a moment for dji to update everything to get it working. I show it in this video together with the alternative HDMI connection

2020-4-18
Use props
LSdrone
New

United States

Add me to the list of people that want to purchase the goggles for use with the Mavic Mini,  Please take my money!!!!  Just does not make sense that the Spark has the ability to work with goggles but the min was not made capable.  PLEASE upgrade to allow this feature ASAP and let us all know.
2020-4-19
Use props
Lucas Alex Kuhn
New

Brazil

+1 for this, the mavic mini is a perfect match for the goggles! Please DJI add this feature to your priorities
2020-4-25
Use props
Sienis
New
Flight distance : 38363 ft
Finland

This is what big disappointment looks like.
2020-4-27
Use props
wee.minidrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151220 ft
United States

how would the goggles work in the US? don't US regulations requires that you keep the drone within visual sight at all times? if you are wearing goggles, you can't keep it in visual sight, unless you have a spotter with you at all times.
2020-4-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I guess it's pretty obvious if the googles won't work with air 2 then mm is out of the question.

not the best move but every companies gets to decide when they stop making their products backwards compatible.

perhaps there is a nice set of goggles 2 on the roadmap.
2020-4-27
Use props
monstermac77
lvl.2
United States

It looks like the DJI Mavic Air 2, released today, also does not support the Goggles. Both the Mini and the Air 2 use the new Fly app, so my thinking is that we're waiting on an update to the app before the Mini and Air 2 will have Goggles support.
2020-4-27
Use props
garyflypix.co.uk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137605 ft
United Kingdom

I saw the announcement for the Mavic 2 - cool - looks awesome. Until saw the dreaded no goggles support. WTF. really?
Really looks like they are no longer supporting goggles. Anyone know why? There has to be a reason behind this. I did wonder if this was a sales differentiator between standard mavic and mini

I would honestly have purchased both of the Mavic Air 2 and the mini.
Love DJI, but this has forced me to go with a custom alternative which is a learning curve, but growing on me every day

DJI - sort this out or just say its not going to happen. 8 pages of posts just in this thread asking for it...

If it doesn't come soon might as well flog the old mavic and goggles and just move on.

2020-4-28
Use props
djiuser_ilwD8MoQGHcX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 457021 ft
United States

I have the Mavic Mini and I am deeply disappointed not being able to use those Goggles because of the App.
I hope DJI will change that quickly, because as soon it is done, I will upgrade to the new Mavic Air 2 and these Goggles.
+1 for this request !
2020-4-29
Use props
monstermac77
lvl.2
United States

I've posted a thread about the Mavic Air 2 release not including Goggles either, and given the Mini and the Air 2 use the same app, I think it's safe to say the app is the limiting factor. Would love your thoughts: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=213974&page=1&extra=#pid2139662
2020-4-29
Use props
sanderluchtzinnig.nl
New
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-10-30 09:08
Hi, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, the DJI Mavic Mini is not yet compatible with the DJI Goggles since this product is an entry-level that is used with our brand-new application, DJI Fly. However, we will continue to optimize the product according to the customer's requests. Also, we will directly forward this suggestion of yours to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!
Please adjust the fly app!? If the mini works with the goggles, I definitely will buy a pair!
2020-4-30
Use props
BOTD
New

United States

I spent $4k on an Enterprise with the thermal camera, only to find out the googles won't work with it. WTF.

Much as I want a Mini, do you seriously think I'll buy one when your googles don't work with it either? I mean, are you deliberately trying to give me a great reason NOT to buy your product? That doesn't seem very smart.

Sorry, "deal breaker". You already got me once. I'm not buying any more of your products that don't run a FPV goggle.
2020-5-1
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

are the dji goggles oem'd by another company who is secretly sending their employees over to this forum to demand dji not eol the ancient goggles; using threats to not buy the....mavic mini?!  
2020-5-1
Use props
Genetics 9
lvl.2

United States

I’ve avoided DJI innovations merchandise primarily due too the fact Americans are begging to back away from buying Chinese , I have always built my own multirotors using as much American made components as possible. The #1 problem I have with DJI is they are incredibly overpriced and are very clever in marketing and manipulating merchandise, they make drones that will work with some goggles, other drones won’t work with any goggles, Etc, Etc not to mention their props, batteries and battery chargers are all proprietary and you are FORCED to buy their goods. The goggles are extremely bulky and ridiculous and bottom line their customer service can be a terrible experience.. I will mention the one and only setup I have purchased from DJI is the FPV HD system, it works with my homemade quads and my own batteries ! It’s a nice change from analog but I will not be buying into the nefarious practices of DJI marketing sham. The stuff these people pull on the public is downright scandalous . (EXAMPLE) I bought the DJI FPV goggles and immediately found them to be a horrible fit, they let too much light in and didn’t seal good around the face. So DJI comes out with a foam upgrade for $25 ! TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS FOR A PIECE OF FOAM ! This is the kind of scamming these people are good at.
2020-5-1
Use props
Genetics 9
lvl.2

United States

The Saint Posted at 5-1 12:55
are the dji goggles oem'd by another company who is secretly sending their employees over to this forum to demand dji not eol the ancient goggles; using threats to not buy the....mavic mini?!

They don’t sound like threats to me kiddo, they sound like promises ! There is a difference I’d suggest educating yourself
2020-5-1
Use props
Bal00
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124019 ft
France

I think the answer is no.. I bought a Visor X instead, give it a look
2020-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules