Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini with DJI Goggles
61681 340 2019-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sherry Dawson
New

United States

Hi. I have a mavic mini n can't wait to have goggles. Just a great drone however wish fpv headset or any headset would work.
DJI, thank you for working on this. I hope it's soon.
5-11 09:11
Use props
typxxi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107014 ft
Germany

Sherry Dawson Posted at 5-11 09:11
Hi. I have a mavic mini n can't wait to have goggles. Just a great drone however wish fpv headset or any headset would work.
DJI, thank you for working on this. I hope it's soon.

Buy one and also a miracast dongle (android) or apple airplay dongle that you will use as an "hdmi cable replacement" even tough your Phone has no hdmi out.

Plug the micracast dongle in the  HDMI of the goggles,
fire up your miracast dongle (for example with a power bank or USB connection to transmitter)
fire up your goggles
fire up your phone,
then start screen mirroring on your phone and voila you will see the same output in the goggles that you have on your phone or tablet screen.

This means you will add a second screen in this case the goggles that someone else can wear to participate.

If you buy the DJI Goggles Racing edition you will be also able to receive videofeed from an airplane cause they use analog signal ...
And if you buy also the Ocusync system for 170$ you will get a digital camera, antennas, cables and an air unit that will transmit the videofeed in digital occusync format with the range you of occusync ... and digital format.

The only missing feature will be "head tracking" but you can not expect to buy the cheapest dji drone and that then will work with the highest feature set ... you dream of. If you buy a fiat then you can not expect to get the power and performance of a formula 1 car.
5-15 01:16
Use props
djiuser_hoCjdsiFl0ag
New

United States

I recieved my Mini last week, and have enjoyed flying it so far but intrested in gogglea for sure.
5-29 06:06
Use props
nandeaux101
lvl.1

United States

Please update the app with an API that allows for goggle compatibility or this drone is going back!
6-7 09:55
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203852 ft
  • >>>
United States

typxxi Posted at 5-15 01:16
Buy one and also a miracast dongle (android) or apple airplay dongle that you will use as an "hdmi cable replacement" even tough your Phone has no hdmi out.

Plug the micracast dongle in the  HDMI of the goggles,

"The only missing feature will be "head tracking" but you can not expect to buy the cheapest dji drone and that then will work with the highest feature set ... you dream of. If you buy a fiat then you can not expect to get the power and performance of a formula 1 car."

unfortunately I believe that's the expectation.  simply seeing thru the camera with the goggles isn't enough.  anybody and anything can do that as you (and others) have pointed out.  people continue to beg dji to enable the goggles to work because they see "mavic" in the drone's name; bottom line.  they don't care about anything else.  there is even a guy in the post above that has flown his Mavic Mini and still cannot find any enjoyment from it unless he can wear googles when flying.

my advice to him is to return the Mavic Mini since the "api" is never coming.  <- that's a bit of reverse psychology there, did you get it dji? lol
6-7 13:44
Use props
Daniella3d
Second Officer
Canada

wow, that's great. I was going to buy the goggle, now I have a lot more money in the bank. Thanks DJI :-)
6-7 16:35
Use props
djiuser_Ou3x949mZOJn
New

Colombia

Good day I have the Goggles EV100 5.8G EACHINE FPV and I would like to know if they are compatibles with MAVIC MINI FLY
6-18 14:08
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203852 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Ou3x949mZOJn Posted at 6-18 14:08
Good day I have the Goggles EV100 5.8G EACHINE FPV and I would like to know if they are compatibles with MAVIC MINI FLY

nope.  sorry
6-18 14:46
Use props
fans174607fa
New

United States

Please make the mini compatible. I bought the mini not interested in the goggles, but as I got using the mini more I became more and more interested
7-5 17:39
Use props
MitchRSM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149534 ft
  • >>>
San Marino

7-11 06:25
Use props
Dirkdehaas
lvl.2
Netherlands

Dude, seriously, what a joke. @ dji, Still no update for dji goggles ?

Lucky me, that I did a search before buying the mini
8-5 18:35
Use props
Dirkdehaas
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thanks but no thanks. That system will give you a 1,5 or 2 seconds delay m8. Sorry to say but that’s not responsible flying
8-5 19:15
Use props
djiuser_EiF5mOm7RtgU
New
Canada

THATS GOING TO BE A BIG YES FROM ME! MAKE IT HAPPEN SO I CAN SPLERGE ON THESE GOGGLES AND BUY BIGGER DRONES AS I GET BETTER!!!
8-25 09:43
Use props
djiuser_EiF5mOm7RtgU
New
Canada

It's pretty unbelievable that its compatible with the spark and not the mavic mi. It makes the mini a downgrade not allowing support for the goggle.
Looks like I wont be purchasing the goggles.
8-25 09:52
Use props
djiuser_EiF5mOm7RtgU
New
Canada

It's pretty unbelievable that its compatible with the spark and not the mavic mi. It makes the mini a downgrade not allowing support for the goggle.
Looks like I wont be purchasing the goggles.
8-25 09:52
Use props
djiuser_25rs1LVf7zOY
lvl.2
United States

Lots of demand, still no update on the goggles There seem to be a person who believes that it is to much to expect from the 400 usd drone to have google support, and a few dozens who would like a clear answer from dji after all this time...

I can not find the strength to see their mavic mini advertizing video again (from the official site) and check if they have removed the part that suggests that the drone is compatible with the goggles. I have bigger issues now as i am getting the ESC beeping error with the latest firmware update(me and a significant percentage of the people who bought the mavic mini), indicating to change the props of the left rear motor. That makes me wonder if we should keep asking Dji for an answer on the googles issue, as it clearly distracts their technical team and makes them release “unfriendly” firmware.

9-4 20:17
Use props
djiuser_ojsPvxd7F5nK
lvl.1
United States

Just bought the mavic mini and already feeling the need for compatibility with FPV goggles (and active track but that’s for another conversation). Although the mini is small, I feel like I’m only getting half of what I can get out of this thing. It’s so small and SMART it would perfect for fpv.

Since acclimating myself to the the mini, I’ve found myself sacrificing the space and lugging my mavic pro and separate fpv unit just to get the shots I want. It sucks because I truly feel the mavic mini is combining the best of those two but it’s just not there yet.

I know patience is needed but I guess from your all’s perspective, a little feedback is always welcomed.
I truly see the mini as a perfect chance for you all to take over this market.
With that said, I can say I’m thoroughly happy with the mini. I truly am. It’s an awesome piece of machinery but if you all were to combine everything, this drone would be in everyone’s arsenal; from hobbyist to professional.
9-6 23:00
Use props
djiuser_rPdjOy7Uxvhk
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-10-30 09:08
Hi, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, the DJI Mavic Mini is not yet compatible with the DJI Goggles since this product is an entry-level that is used with our brand-new application, DJI Fly. However, we will continue to optimize the product according to the customer's requests. Also, we will directly forward this suggestion of yours to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!

I believe that calling the "mini" an "entry level" is a lack of respect for the customers.
I just purchased the mini, not because is cheap, but because of size and weight.
From what I feel from this thread, the company does not want to spend development money for their cheap product.
I am sorry I have bought it. I did it because of product reputation and size, and I am frustrated that I am considered by DJI an "entry level" customer.
9-9 19:47
Use props
D2O
lvl.2
Russia

Still no normal support...
For that money it will be easy to build a drone (i don't care about weight restrictions) and get an fpv headset that will outperform most DJI products...
We are paying for the convenience - when it JUST WORKS
AND IT DOES NOT WORK
Hope DJI do something with it. Mavic Mini does not need lo latency, so it will be easy to use wifi (im sure that goggles has wifi in it)
resolution in FPV might not be great BUT IT MUST WORK or a lot of people will butthurt even more than now...
9-12 05:30
Use props
djiuser_kAMZpzGYoSGp
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-10-30 09:08
Hi, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, the DJI Mavic Mini is not yet compatible with the DJI Goggles since this product is an entry-level that is used with our brand-new application, DJI Fly. However, we will continue to optimize the product according to the customer's requests. Also, we will directly forward this suggestion of yours to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Hello. I just purchased the Mavic Mini, and I am struggling to be able to see the DJI Fly display on both my iPhone or my iPad. I live in Arizona, USA, and the sun is just too bright to be able to make use of all of the features. I would be interested in any version of the goggles if and when they become available. Thanks!
9-12 17:11
Use props
djiuser_cvuIabap2R9e
New

Canada

Are you kidding me?!  They are NOT compatible with goggles?!  Wtf is the point?!  I bought a $120 drone I could use with goggles.  I'd expect better, this is fucking garbage
10-18 19:29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules