Issues Connecting To Phone
919 6 2019-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Has anyone had issues connecting the Osmo Pocket (physically) to a smart phone?  In DJI Mimo, I don't see the OP pop up, though on the OP itself, whenever I physically connect the two, it says that 'gimbal wheel' connected.
i have to waste too much time to get the devices connected properly.  
I'm considering getting the wireless module to circumvent this issue, which means I'll have to spend more money on the module, plus the proper bracket for mounting it.
2019-10-30
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

I have "a smartphone". I have never once had any connection issues connecting with either the "smartphone" adapter, or the wireless. Maybe it's and issue with your "smartphone".

My "smartphone" happens to be an older iPhone. I haven't tried other "smartphones".
2019-10-30
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 10-30 13:41
I have "a smartphone". I have never once had any connection issues connecting with either the "smartphone" adapter, or the wireless. Maybe it's and issue with your "smartphone".

My "smartphone" happens to be an older iPhone. I haven't tried other "smartphones".

I use an Iphone 7 and a Galaxy S9.  Both have had issues connecting physically.  I'm inclined to think leads on my Osmo Pocket are faulty.
2019-10-31
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

I would put my money on the adapter.

If you have access a store that sells Pockets, I would try out their demo's adapter.
2019-10-31
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

If you get an wireless module for your Osmo Pocket, be awared that several funtions may not work such as: 4K60p, D-cinelike... I purchased an extension rod and hope to fix issue but turn out It just put more button for the OP and I still have to use extension cable to get the most out of my OP and stable connection
2019-11-1
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 10-31 14:54
I would put my money on the adapter.

If you have access a store that sells Pockets, I would try out their demo's adapter.

I'm hoping that it's the adapter(s) itself and not the leads on the Osmo Pocket.
2019-11-1
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
United States

Optimus_Prime Posted at 11-1 02:48
If you get an wireless module for your Osmo Pocket, be awared that several funtions may not work such as: 4K60p, D-cinelike... I purchased an extension rod and hope to fix issue but turn out It just put more button for the OP and I still have to use extension cable to get the most out of my OP and stable connection

Thank you very much for that feedback.  I use 4K 60 a lot, but am forced to use 50fps when I want to track a subject.  At least I know what to expect if I purchase the wireless adapter.
2019-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules