Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-mini-snap-adapter

It seems like they've rushed the Mavic Mini, so people don't make plans for Skydio 2.  Being able to AI the Mavic Mini like the Robomaster S1 would be cool.  They didn't make a proper presentation for the accessories.
2019-10-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Snap Adapter expands creative options by allowing users to attach small accessories, such as LED displays or building blocks, on top of Mavic Mini. In addition to this,
the total combined weight of the Snap Adapter and payload should not exceed 30 g. Make sure to secure the buckle before taking off. Thank you for your support.
2019-10-30
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 10-30 10:08
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Snap Adapter expands creative options by allowing users to attach small accessories, such as LED displays or building blocks, on top of Mavic Mini. In addition to this,
the total combined weight of the Snap Adapter and payload should not exceed 30 g. Make sure to secure the buckle before taking off. Thank you for your support.

What does the building blocks do?
2019-10-30
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

AntDX316 Posted at 10-30 14:48

I think it is like the one Tello had, you can attach stuff built from lego blocks onto it. Why would anyone do that is totally beyond me though...
2019-10-30
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CemAygun Posted at 10-30 17:07
I think it is like the one Tello had, you can attach stuff built from lego blocks onto it. Why would anyone do that is totally beyond me though...

It would make sense if it starts to build from the bottom of the drone autonomously but if not..
2019-10-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

CemAygun Posted at 10-30 17:07
I think it is like the one Tello had, you can attach stuff built from lego blocks onto it. Why would anyone do that is totally beyond me though...

Only supports 30 grams of weight, which isn't much Lego though.
2019-10-31
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

DAFlys Posted at 10-31 00:38
Only supports 30 grams of weight, which isn't much Lego though.

That is about 26 2x2 bricks or roughly 9 minifigures (with short hair) Yet again, why????
2019-10-31
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lego building blocks?!
2019-10-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

CemAygun Posted at 10-31 00:57
That is about 26 2x2 bricks or roughly 9 minifigures (with short hair)  Yet again, why????

I have no idea why.
2019-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks fun, but not too interesting to me.
2019-10-31
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

Maybe we are reading too much into these accessories. I guess like the Tello, Mini is aimed, at least in part, at the younger crowd. Probably they would know why you might need lego blocks on your drone
2019-10-31
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Hmm... for me, it is useless
2019-10-31
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

There's a 600$ difference between the 2 and the Skydio isn't available in EU so I believe your comment is a little out of place...
2019-11-4
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

DAFlys Posted at 10-31 01:28
I have no idea why.

I fly my Tello with an adapted Ninjago figure on top of it... I have a kid. That's why.
2019-11-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AntDX316 Posted at 10-30 14:48

Hi, we're sorry for the prompt reply. You could build a lego blocks using this accessory allowing you to have accessory again. However, as I've mentioned above that the payload shouldn't exceed with 30g. Thank you for your support.
2019-11-5
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622575 ft
United States

El Diabolico Posted at 11-4 02:25
There's a 600$ difference between the 2 and the Skydio isn't available in EU so I believe your comment is a little out of place...

Furthermore, the Mavic series is for cinematography while the Skydio 2 is for action sports. They're both good for their purpose. e.g. the Mavics don't have the obstacle avoidance technology of the Skydio 2, but the controller is much more responsive while the SkyDio 2 controller lags for a couple of seconds as made apparent by the video "Mavic mini who? SkyDio 2"
2019-11-5
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ICDroneSE Posted at 11-5 12:49
Furthermore, the Mavic series is for cinematography while the Skydio 2 is for action sports. They're both good for their purpose. e.g. the Mavics don't have the obstacle avoidance technology of the Skydio 2, but the controller is much more responsive while the SkyDio 2 controller lags for a couple of seconds as made apparent by the video "Mavic mini who? SkyDio 2"

Mavic Minis targetted for the low budget consumers.  The Skydio 2 is for the higher.  The way people handle finances are like, a $400k house versus a $1.2M house.  A $400 drone versus a $1200 drone.  Of course, people could afford better but some people treat even the most affordable things the same way.
2019-11-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

ICDroneSE Posted at 11-5 12:49

Skydio is for sports, I would say individual sports, it is very unlikely anyone would ever get permission to fly skydio in any automatic mode around people playing or participating in any sport the level of risk assessment needed would be almost impossible, they may get permission if a pilot was in full control but then skydio would be just like any drone, skydio from this point of view will become a selfie drone filiming it’s owner will probably be it’s limit and it’s USP .
2019-11-5
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very strange, but kind of fun. I think I'll take 9 Lego minifigs for a ride when I get my Mavic Mini.
2019-11-5
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you are going to ever do anything new, you need to understand the benefits before getting it.  Sure you can just get it to get it but if you aren't utilizing the benefits it won't make sense.  Certain things cannot do things that other things can so you get new things to be able to increase capabilities.  If you need to fly 60mph+ then you need an Inspire 2.  If you don't, then it won't really matter.  If you need to selfie for good analysis, then you need a Skydio 2.  We don't have much review of the Skydio 2 so we can't tell how laggy it could be.  Something could also fail that no one knows anything about.  Hopefully, they are running the stress tests longer than what Boeing did with their MCAS system.  We all know how that ruined Boeing and it's passengers.
2019-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules