Newer apk file at https://www.dji.com/pl/mavic-mini/downloads
1573807827671-DJI-v1.0.1-191114-491-41213-official-sec.apk
2019-11-15
Use props
djiuser_xbWDE57zGzeG
lvl.1

Australia

zephiruspt Posted at 11-14 17:26
To find the app, you have to search for "DJI Fly app". If you miss the "app" part you will not find it. Strange, I know lol

I search that exact text - Nope, app still does not show in the play store
2019-11-15
Use props
zephiruspt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2913 ft
Portugal

djiuser_xbWDE57zGzeG Posted at 11-15 13:21
I search that exact text - Nope, app still does not show in the play store

Now is there. Very strange.
2019-11-15
Use props
arobledo
lvl.1

Argentina

djiuser_xbWDE57zGzeG Posted at 11-14 17:16
I am from Australia and also can't see the "DJI Fly" in the Google Play store.  My Phone is a Samsung  Galaxy J5 PRO (model SM-J530Y)

So I don't have a clue if this is a Country issue or a Phone issue or Both????

Hi! just read this... they are the only mobiles availables (for now, I think)
2019-11-15
Use props
djiuser_xbWDE57zGzeG
lvl.1

Australia

arobledo Posted at 11-15 16:00
Hi! just read this... they are the only mobiles availables (for now, I think)[view_image]

It is all a bit of hit and miss.

For example,I have DJI GO4 app loaded and working on my phone. But if you check the latest info on the DJI Website my phone model does not show

So very hard to tell if this is true or not

2019-11-16
Use props
djiuser_9ZfpckBI7xa7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

Did a little digging myself. Year old, 8core Xiaomi redmi with Android 9 - uncompatible (Every other Dji app is)...

Further is my repost from other thread
"The problem seems to be, that developers compiled app only with more recent arm64v8a instructions set and not older widely uaed arm64v7a... I just found out, that I can't use mavic mini either, every single other app can be installed, but not a Dji fly... Disappointing - hopefully developers will compile a version of app with older data sets, because I can see this as a major deal breaker for the target market... "Oh you wanted a budget drone? But you will need to replace that 1year old medium-end phone with a flagship one, if you want to use your Mavic mini" - that's nuts."
2019-11-16
Use props
miniger
lvl.2
Germany

Newer updates which skip older phones are no problem, as long as you´re not forced to update ;-)
2019-11-16
Use props
djiuser_9ZfpckBI7xa7
lvl.3
Czechia

miniger Posted at 11-16 01:13
Newer updates which skip older phones are no problem, as long as you´re not forced to update ;-)
The problem is not with "newer updates" - There Is no other version of app compatible with mavic mini
2019-11-16
Use props
djiuser_9ZfpckBI7xa7
lvl.3
Czechia

Ironically if I had any other expensive professional Dji drone - i could fly it with other apps, that are ARM64v7a compatible... Just the newest budget one will require more expensive phone... Funny...
2019-11-16
Use props
miniger
lvl.2
Germany

It´s obviously cheaper to use an older iOS phone until we know which budget Android works great with Fly. I bet there are some. Time will tell.
2019-11-16
Use props
Blithe74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254367 ft
Russia

Hi DJI Programmers!
Some trouble with DJI Fly v.1.0.1 (491-googleplay) Russian language:
1) First screen: "Login or Registration". DGI fly allow enter existing login name, but no key or screen for to enter first registration information.
2) First screen: "Enter email or Phone number". If I enter phone number in format: +79876543210, The program wrote "Invalid email address" If I enter phone number in format 79876543210 The program wrote Invalid phone number"
2019-11-16
Use props
OceanSoftwash
lvl.1
Canada

I tried LG K4, Moto E5 and they dont even download the app.

Pixel2XL installs app but does not connect to controller. Doesn't work.
I did not expect such problems to have with a DJI Drone.
Very disappointing.
2019-11-16
Use props
arobledo
lvl.1

Argentina

Hi DJI Programmers & everyone!
Please, I need to fly my MM, I have a Motorola G7 Play, Android 9.0, Please update to app, we need a solution asap!

Thanks a lot!
Ariel Robledo

The Motorola devices is not availables yet, please check!

2019-11-21
Use props
djiuser_TrqpBfdkE7Lj
New
Flight distance : 24249 ft
Serbia

Is DJI Fly App compatible with Pocophone F1?
2019-11-21
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

this message was deleted
2019-11-21
Use props
hawkins2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1788104 ft
  • >>>
Germany

dji_MODDER Posted at 11-21 11:57
FCC hack voor europeans, found on other forums

1. format sd card with ExFat

Unfortunately fake!
2019-11-21
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Netherlands

is it? I heard that if I buy the mini in usa I get FCC, if I buy it in the netherlands I get CE, based on serial number??
2019-11-21
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Netherlands

I read it's fake too, delete the post
2019-11-21
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

That was heart breaking... lol
2019-11-21
Use props
Merlin1951
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276434 ft
United States

DJI Fly App Crashes
2019-11-21
Use props
Merlin1951
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276434 ft
United States

I found the DJI Fly app in DJI's download center so I installed it (still waiting for my Mini to finish processing and get shipped). The app won't run. Every time I try to launch it I get a "Unfortunately, DJI Fly has stopped" message. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Same result. Anyone else having this problem?
2019-11-21
Use props
arobledo
lvl.1

Argentina

Hi everyone!
Pleaseeeeee I need to fly the MM with the Motorola G7 Play!
Update de app, please!!

Thanks a lot!
2019-11-23
Use props
bob67520
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198990 ft
France

xiaomi redmi note 7 is ok?
2019-12-1
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

bob67520 Posted at 12-1 03:24
xiaomi redmi note 7 is ok?

I was told YES by another user here in the forum. I ordered one and I should have in few days. I'll test and report about, if you are willing to wait!

Cheers
2019-12-1
Use props
djiuser_qFIZfpYASMlv
lvl.2

United States

So I'm just about at the end of my rope here... not going to buy a new phone for my son for what's supposed to be his big Christmas present.  I was going to wait a bit longer to see what develops before returning it, but it looks like they're not doing anything about this.  Not even a statement from DJI that gives me any hope.  Does anyone know what non-DJI drone is out there in the same price range that will work with a normal phone (Moto G5s Plus)?
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_qFIZfpYASMlv
lvl.2

United States

Looks like the Parrot Anafi is the best choice out there in the same price range that will actually fly.  No compatibility issues with the FreeFlight 6 app on any of my Android devices.  Will be returning my mini to Best Buy as defective as soon as the Anafi arrives and I have a chance to test it out.  Thanks, DJI, for making this an easy decision by sticking your head in the sand and pretending this isn't an issue.
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_HcaYhDs1Lkhq
New

Netherlands

Hi guys, app is still not working for g5 plus. But I expect them to add additional devices. I get my mini in about a month. If by that time this phone is not supported, I will buy a Moto g8 plus. Here it is confirmed that it works on this phone: mavicpilots.com/threads/check-your-phone-compatibility-carefully.76075/

I was considering this phone anyways and I saw a good deal here (Netherlands) for only 218 euros. By many it's also considered the best current budget camera (techspurt on YouTube has a great review) and it has great battery life.

Just sharing in case someone else does want to switch phones anyways
2019-12-8
Use props
Tikka
New
United States

I'm a newbie to the whole drone thing and not the most tec savy. I recently purchased the Mavic Mini. The video is pixcelated. Is this an app issue? Can someone offer suggestions. I've tried adjusting the settings but nothing worked.
2020-2-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tikka Posted at 2-13 05:04
I'm a newbie to the whole drone thing and not the most tec savy. I recently purchased the Mavic Mini. The video is pixcelated. Is this an app issue? Can someone offer suggestions. I've tried adjusting the settings but nothing worked.

Hiya, did you use the video from the SC card?

cheers
JJB
2020-2-13
Use props
Tikka
New
United States

JJB,

I just pulled the card and ran it through my laptop and they are fine. Don't understand why they're scrambled when playing them back on the phone but I'm ok with that as long as the end result is good footage. There's a lot to learn about this new hobby and I appreciate you taking the time to offer the suggestion.

Thanks again,

Tikka
2020-2-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tikka Posted at 2-13 07:41
JJB,

I just pulled the card and ran it through my laptop and they are fine. Don't understand why they're scrambled when playing them back on the phone but I'm ok with that as long as the end result is good footage. There's a lot to learn about this new hobby and I appreciate you taking the time to offer the suggestion.

hiya,

There is an option in the app to save the footage also on your mobile device, but in a lower quality.
So when you play the video on your phone it is not the video saved on the sd card.

Tip, i always fly with a screen recorder active (Du recorder for android), good to see what the app showed what you did miss because wachting the drone and not the app.

Do not forget the before and afer take off checks.

Enjoy this great hobby and have many safe landings,
cheers
JJB

2020-2-13
Use props
djiuser_LDBsClKeKr67
New
Flight distance : 7 ft

United States

Hello, would I be able to check flight history and warranty for sn 08QDE3B012029J.

Thanks
2020-9-30
Use props
djiuser_LTG2LAQ2RIfY
New
United States

I have just purchased the Mavic Air 2 and downloaded the Dji Fly app. When in app with drone connected I click on my video option and the third side bar is not popping up to switch settings. Is there a solution/ button to click to make this reappear?
2021-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules