3997 20 2019-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LarryTru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 458944 ft
  • >>>
United States

Which devices have separate FCC and EU modes?

Mavic 2 pro?
Standard controller?
Smart controller?
1st gen goggles?
Goggles RE?

I heard someone say that the FCC/EU mode is a function of the aircraft only and all the other devices follow its lead, but I don’t know if that is true.

Thanks,

Larry

2019-10-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

The FCC/EU rules would affect any device that contains a radio transmitter as the FCC rule allows for more power to be used.
2019-10-31
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

In addition to post #2  GPS position aicraft will tell the RC wich output power it will use. (FCC or CE power)

RC for some models (Spark, MA, ? ) can be fooled to get an alternate position from the mobile device, so it will switch to FCC power. ( RC in europe and mobile device thinks its in the USA)
When the craft is connected again it will ask the user to switch back to local wifi settings ( = CE power ).
Happily you can say NO to this question....

Ofcourse it is not allowed to do so due to national regulations, so do not do this!

cheers
JJB
2019-10-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. CE and FCC are two different certifications, FCC certification is the US mandatory certification while CE is the EU mandatory certification. The difference between them is the different regulatory requirements and test standards in various countries. The aircraft will adjust itself automatically from the two certifications according to your location.  Thank you for your support.
2019-10-31
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 10-31 10:15
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. CE and FCC are two different certifications, FCC certification is the US mandatory certification while CE is the EU mandatory certification. The difference between them is the different regulatory requirements and test standards in various countries. The aircraft will adjust itself automatically from the two certifications according to your location.  Thank you for your support.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your clarification. Does this applies also for the new Mini Mavic?

In the Mini Mavic specs i see 2 Model ; MR1SS5 and MR1SD25.
But when i buy one i do not have a option to buy one or the other??

Please explain the 2 models.

cheers
JJB
2019-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

JJB* Posted at 10-31 10:40
Hi Tony,

Mini has 2 different versions indeed.
So they are either FCC or CE if I'm correct.
Not sure how it is decided which model you get, since you can't choose it in the shop.
2019-10-31
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Montfrooij Posted at 10-31 10:52
Mini has 2 different versions indeed.
So they are either FCC or CE if I'm correct.
Not sure how it is decided which model you get, since you can't choose it in the shop.

That`s why my question to DJI Tony !

But what if a Mini owner travels from the US (bought a FCC model) to Europe ; will it work under FCC or do the user get a message "computor say No....'
And vice versa?  
And why can i buy just one model on all the DJI world websites?  (tested this out with VPN different county locations)

cheers
JJB
2019-10-31
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 10-31 10:15

Thanks.  I was aware of the differences between FCC and EU.  What I was asking about is which devices I need to be sure are in the right mode.  

You said the adjustment between modes is automatic, but that is not always true. (E.g. DJI digital fpv system).  With this product I (and others) had a lot of trouble getting it to recognize that it is in fact in the US.  It insisted on setting itself to EU mode.

That made me wonder about my other DJI products and whether any of them rely on setting the mode via registration that might not succeed.  

In particular, I’ve had trouble with my Goggles RE which might be explained if it is operating in EU mode.  

So, as a first step I asked which devices have a FCC/EU mode in the first place.

Another user said that any device which has a transmitter would have a mode.  Is that true?  In that case all the devices I listed must have FCC/EU modes.
If so, is there a way to tell which mode my Goggles RE are registered to?

Larry
2019-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

JJB* Posted at 10-31 11:58
That`s why my question to DJI Tony !

But what if a Mini owner travels from the US (bought a FCC model) to Europe ; will it work under FCC or do the user get a message "computor say No....'

I could not choose it either in the shop.
I am curious too about what happens if a USA (FCC) mini is started CE airspace.
2019-10-31
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Duplicate
2019-10-31
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-31 00:31
The FCC/EU rules would affect any device that contains a radio transmitter as the FCC rule allows for more power to be used.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Larry
2019-10-31
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 10-31 06:24
In addition to post #2  GPS position aicraft will tell the RC wich output power it will use. (FCC or CE power)

RC for some models (Spark, MA, ? ) can be fooled to get an alternate position from the mobile device, so it will switch to FCC power. ( RC in europe and mobile device thinks its in the USA)

Thanks for that additional info.  

The reason I’m asking is to make sure I don’t have any DJI products which are stuck in EU mode when they should be in FCC mode.  Shouldn’t have to worry about the GPS enabled ones.

I’d heard a rumor that the aircraft can tell the controller it is connected to which mode to use.  But I don’t know if that is true.
2019-10-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 10-31 10:40
Hi Tony,

Hi, we're sorry for the late response. The MR1SS5 model is for the FCC version and the MR1SD25 is the CE version. The FCC version will not be sold to the location which support CE regulatory, therefore, when purchasing via online store or dealers, the Mavic mini that you would receive is automatically the right  version for your country. Hope that this information would clarify your query. Thank you for your support.
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

LarryTru Posted at 10-31 13:04
Thanks.  I was aware of the differences between FCC and EU.  What I was asking about is which devices I need to be sure are in the right mode.  

You said the adjustment between modes is automatic, but that is not always true. (E.g. DJI digital fpv system).  With this product I (and others) had a lot of trouble getting it to recognize that it is in fact in the US.  It insisted on setting itself to EU mode.

Hi, thanks for this clarification. The remote controller should automatically switched depending on the location when using it. We would recommend ensuring that the drone could detect enough GPS signal to have accurate information. We highly recommend providing us a screenshot or video showing that it doesn't detect the correct regulatory when using it. In addition to this, the DJI Goggles will not affect the FCC and CE regulatory when in terms of transmission. As the maximum image transmission will be the same when remote controller is connected to the aircraft. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-11-5
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

DJI Tony Posted at 11-5 10:03
Hi, we're sorry for the late response. The MR1SS5 model is for the FCC version and the MR1SD25 is the CE version. The FCC version will not be sold to the location which support CE regulatory, therefore, when purchasing via online store or dealers, the Mavic mini that you would receive is automatically the right  version for your country. Hope that this information would clarify your query. Thank you for your support.

And what happen when you live in US and travel to Europe?
Or is this Mavic Mini the only drone which is not possible to use in both CE and FCC?
2019-11-5
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-5 10:12
Hi, thanks for this clarification. The remote controller should automatically switched depending on the location when using it. We would recommend ensuring that the drone could detect enough GPS signal to have accurate information. We highly recommend providing us a screenshot or video showing that it doesn't detect the correct regulatory when using it. In addition to this, the DJI Goggles will not affect the FCC and CE regulatory when in terms of transmission. As the maximum image transmission will be the same when remote controller is connected to the aircraft. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

Where in the UI should we look to see which regulatory area the aircraft thinks it is in?  So we can send screen shots if necessary?

Thx, Larry
2019-11-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

G_Sig Posted at 11-5 10:30
And what happen when you live in US and travel to Europe?
Or is this Mavic Mini the only drone which is not possible to use in both CE and FCC?

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. There will be a prompt on the application, if the FCC is about to fly in the CE region that you're may break some laws and regulations when flying the drone. Moreover, the CE version can be used to FCC region as the range would not exceed to the standard rules under the FCC region. Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for your support!
2019-11-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

LarryTru Posted at 11-11 20:46
Where in the UI should we look to see which regulatory area the aircraft thinks it is in?  So we can send screen shots if necessary?

Thx, Larry

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply and I apologize for the late response. There will be a model number at the back of the remote controller for you to identify the version of your Mavic Mini. You may refer to the post that I've provided on #13. Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for your support!
2019-11-12
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-12 14:03
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply and I apologize for the late response. There will be a model number at the back of the remote controller for you to identify the version of your Mavic Mini. You may refer to the post that I've provided on #13. Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for your support!

I’m not asking about the mavic mini.  I have a mavic 2 pro.
2019-12-17
Use props
djiuser_Bn0ET7PuL8IO
New
Flight distance : 103488 ft

Norway

Hi.
Sorry to restart this thread. I have an European mavic mini 1, and I accidentally lost my controller. I bought a second hand FCC controller, should I be able to pair the FCC controller and EU mavic mini? I’ve tried many times, but they won’t pair.
2022-4-19
Use props
fans3f7385a4
lvl.2
Argentina

LarryTru Posted at 2019-12-17 20:35
I’m not asking about the mavic mini.  I have a mavic 2 pro.

Have you tried? Its changes to CE mode?
2022-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules