OSMO Mobile 3 powers up but motors won't run.
9826 27 2019-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AtomicKid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 366270 ft
United States

Was successfully using the Osmo Mobile 3 out of the box. Tried to use it on another phone recently, and since then it will not properly connect and the motors will not run.

Symptoms:

• Unit powers up, 3 lights on with blinking green light.
  • Unit appears in list of BT devices, and can hit "connect"
  • It will show that the unit is connected, but note that I can't hit "Camera" in the app to go to the camera view. If I tap around a bit, I'm able to get the camera icon in the upper left of the app screen and can go into camera view there.
  • Once in the app HUD, I see there is a firmware update available. I also see that the battery level for the osmo is indicated as LOW. Even though it's fully charged.
  • If i try to run the firmware update, it stalls at 0%, and fails. Update it was attempting to install was 0x00140002

Attempted solves:

• Tried reseting the BT connection on the OSMO, and re- "PAIR"ed the device. No difference
  • Deleted from phone as a device and tried this again.
  • Cycled power numerous time and confirmed it's charge on charger for some time.
  • Deleted DJI Mimo app and re-installed (iPhone 11 Pro)

Apreciate any thoughts on how we can resolve.

2019-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi AtomicKid, sorry for the late response, may we verify if the issue persists? What is your OS version?
2019-11-5
Use props
AtomicKid
lvl.2
United States

Hello, sorry I thought I had notifications on. My phone OS is 13.1.3.

2019-11-16
Use props
AtomicKid
lvl.2
United States

Hello again, any thoughts on this issue?
2019-11-25
Use props
Stefan Atkinson
New

Canada

i'm having the exact same issue.  Was there a fix?
2019-12-13
Use props
yspmymt
lvl.1

Japan

I have exactly the same symptoms. What should I do?
2019-12-23
Use props
djiuser_bSc8IoF1v5US
New
Taiwan

I have the exact same issue. Anyone found a solution?
2019-12-25
Use props
Slaha13
New

Czechia

I have also the exact same problem with my new OSMO Mobile 3.
2019-12-26
Use props
djiuser_IXCj8FuZoj3G
New

Canada

I have a red and green light flashing when powered on, please help.  Brand new gimble worked for 10 mins and then stopped working.   Using s10+
2019-12-26
Use props
djiuser_uu9DARI0HfTP
lvl.1

Canada

Same problem on a freshly received OSMO Mobile 3.

Tried two different iPhone devices: iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 13.3 and iPhone 6 with iOS 12.4.3 . I have attempted to de-install and re-install the Mimo application multiple times. I have attempted to unpair, and then pair the Osmo Mobile 3 multiple times. I have attempted to reset Bluetooth on the Osmo Mobile 3 multiple times. None of these attempts worked.

In all attempts, the iOS Mimo application (version 1.2.13, the latest at the moment of this writing) never brought me to the activation page, so the Osmo Mobile 3 remains non-functional (green LED stays in pulsating / standby mode).

Case # 2522802 opened with DJI, and I hope they can resolve this fast. If not, the Osmo Mobile 3 will be returned to the store. This is my first DJI product ever, and I am not impressed with the user experience.

2019-12-31
Use props
fans4b0c8e95
New
Germany

Same bugs/problems here after trying to update the firmware.
Wrote with DJI Support. The suggested fixing was:
- reconnect Bluetooth
- try other phone
Nothing helped.
My device is on the Way to DJI Repair Center now.
Let's see how long it will take and what will happen.
2020-2-12
Use props
djiuser_YdwO2i1ruuUL
lvl.1

South Korea

I have exactly the same bugs on my osmo mobile 3 with my iphone 6s and galaxy s10. If anybody here gets a solution for fixing it, please give me an advice. DJI has NEVER found any solution without rebooting or reinstall.
2020-2-14
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Is anyone from DJi actually reading these threads.
2020-2-14
Use props
djiuser_YdwO2i1ruuUL
lvl.1

South Korea

#DJI has to respond to these requests !!!!!!
2020-3-5
Use props
rhidya
New
Indonesia

May be needs firmware update. Mine is useless now. Any try no help.
2020-3-7
Use props
djiuser_YdwO2i1ruuUL
lvl.1

South Korea

#DJI has to respond to these requests !!!!!!
2020-3-24
Use props
averagephantasm
New
United States

I have this same issue, but by Osmo Modile 3 isn't new. It worked perfectly for about 5 months and then the gimbal motors stopped working. I also kept getting the same firmware update timeout issue from Mimo app) as the original post. I have iOS 13.1.1, but this was happening before iOS 13 came out. Last week I sat down and tried a few things, I plugged my phone into the OM3 via a USB-to-Lightning cable, it didn't seem to do much at first. I tried a firmware update and it still failed, then I tried it again (because why not?) and the firmware update worked. I'm not sure it had anything to do with the cable since I thought that was just allowed you to use the OM3's battery to charge your phone? When it came back on after the firmware update it seemed to work, but the motors were weak. Other than that all the features seemed to work fine though. I put it away to use later. But now it's back to the original problem where the motors do nothing and the gimbal arms just swing freely.
2020-3-30
Use props
valhelirc
New

Dominican Republic

I'm having same issue. After about one month of not using it, Gimbal leds powers on but motors don't work. Green led light keeps blinking slowly. I'm concerned  about DJI silence in this tread. Please give us some help.
2021-3-17
Use props
PiaComms
New

United States

I am having the exact same problem. Fresh out of the box. Charged for hours. Installed Mimo app on pixel 4 with most recent os update. The device does nothing. It is totally limp. First Led alternates red/green, with the following three white, indicating full power, yet on screen via app shows minimal power. None of the buttons function . . . other than the power on/off. It's been out of the box one day and I'm seriously considering simply returning it for a refund/buying another brand device. I've seen user demos and it seems like such a great tool . . . but if it doesn't function . . . Not good. No one has time for something that doesn't work. I'll try their help line tomorrow before initiating a return.
2021-3-17
Use props
PiaComms
New

United States

PiaComms Posted at 3-17 21:12
I am having the exact same problem. Fresh out of the box. Charged for hours. Installed Mimo app on pixel 4 with most recent os update. The device does nothing. It is totally limp. First Led alternates red/green, with the following three white, indicating full power, yet on screen via app shows minimal power. None of the buttons function . . . other than the power on/off. It's been out of the box one day and I'm seriously considering simply returning it for a refund/buying another brand device. I've seen user demos and it seems like such a great tool . . . but if it doesn't function . . . Not good. No one has time for something that doesn't work. I'll try their help line tomorrow before initiating a return.

Okay, did the firmware update and that seems to have it functioning. I'll practice more tomorrow and see if it gets me any where. I plan on using with an old pixel 2 . . . my work has 30 of them just sitting so I figured it'd be a cool way to purpose a device and I can keep my personal device for my own use, though the pixel 4 has damn good image stabilization.
2021-3-17
Use props
djiuser_4D0Yj6ulgBAY
New

Canada

PiaComms Posted at 3-17 21:31
Okay, did the firmware update and that seems to have it functioning. I'll practice more tomorrow and see if it gets me any where. I plan on using with an old pixel 2 . . . my work has 30 of them just sitting so I figured it'd be a cool way to purpose a device and I can keep my personal device for my own use, though the pixel 4 has damn good image stabilization.

did anyone ever found a fix for it? I am getting the same issue since last 2 weeks, motor is not working, and Bluetooth connection is working fine. Such a waste product!
2021-7-17
Use props
mpham
New

Australia

i am having the same problem, bought it new online but unfortunately no warranty
2021-9-14
Use props
djiuser_cWA7gPB0CalM
New

United States

today is 4-11-23 I did update the firmaware and my gimbal OSMO 5 became unresposibe green and red ligth blinking...1- How I fixed it?..2- I did unistalled MIMO APP... 3-Downloaded the app again....4- Installed the app I just downloaded and blue tooth connecting will ask you to PAIR with OM5.... THEN the app was not connecting to gimbal and in VERY little words on the app said UPDATE TO THE NEW APP.. so I did updated and it is working....=d TRY IT! it migth help you
2023-4-11
Use props
AlchemistWisdom
New
Colombia

Same problem with the OM3.. everything is updated. DJI chat support have no answer... do you guys found a solution?
2023-4-28
Use props
Willy Ko
New

Philippines

My osmo mobile3 is 4yrs old, and now when power on the motor does not work, the gimbal is freely move, although it indicate connected. I'm very worried.
2023-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules