Is anybody NOT having problems with Android Mimo app at the moment?
14453 31 2019-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

From reports here, and from reports on the Android app store, the Android version of the Mimo app seems to be completely broken at the moment - crashes, disconnects, and general instability making it unusable.

DJI can hardly be unware of this and no doubt they are working on a fix, but it might be interesting for them to know if any ANDROID users of the CURRENT app and the CURRENT firmware are having NO stability problems.

No need to report that you ARE having problems - there's several threads already discussing that.

Knowing the Android device you are using and the Android version would be key information.

I think this may end up being a thread with no replies, but let's see!

2019-10-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi all, DJI has identified a recent issue affecting some customers using the Mimo App for Osmo Mobile 3 on several Android systems.
DJI is currently finalizing an update to the Mimo app which will resolve this issue. Periodically, devices and software require automatic updates. A recent automatic update to a security feature has affected the operation of the Mimo app for some customers using Android. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and in the meantime, please use the native camera app or another 3rd party app. Thank you for your continued support.
2019-11-7
Use props
Krause31
Second Officer
Flight distance : 598990 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello, i have no problems with the mimo app and my galaxy s10 plus! Both with the latest firmware! Greetings Markus
2019-10-31
Use props
young501
lvl.1
United States

I have started this this kind of poll in favebook dji osmo mobile 3 page. Mainly samsungs have problems... interesting thing. Paul Pan, of DJI senior production manager came in the room. He said he will look in to it.
2019-10-31
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

We're aware and we're currently trying to find the reason.
2019-11-1
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Great, Paul - I'm sure people here would be happy to provide any further end-user info they might have in order for you to find a fix - or try any suggestions.
2019-11-1
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Krause31 Posted at 10-31 22:03
Hello, i have no problems with the mimo app and my galaxy s10 plus! Both with the latest firmware! Greetings Markus

That really surprises me - I would have thought people with similar or identical phones would have the same problem.  Thanks for your report!
2019-11-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to read about having issues with the DJI Mimo App downloaded thru your Android phone. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the app? Please download the app from our Download Center and check it the issue persist. Make sure to turn off the network and reboot the APP. You may also try changing the mobile device in downloading the app to isolate the issue.

If the problem insist after reinstall, please provide us the following information:
1. Mobile Model:

2. Mobile system version:

3. App version:

4. Crash log:

How to Export the crash log in Android:

Please check this Log's save path: Android device: internal storage/DJI/DJI MIMO/LOG

Hope this helps. Thank you for your patience.

2019-11-1
Use props
djiuser_n4QgcldeuKmT
New
Germany

Mimo doesn't work in my android version 9 in the Samsung galaxy s9 +. Sometimes crashes, but it connects with my mobile never!! I'm very angry with this issue!
2019-11-1
Use props
ans0600
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-1 10:30
Hi, we're sorry to read about having issues with the DJI Mimo App downloaded thru your Android phone. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the app? Please download the app from our Download Center  and check it the issue persist. Make sure to turn off the network and reboot the APP. You may also try changing the mobile device in downloading the app to isolate the issue.

If the problem insist after reinstall, please collect the following information:

Could you explain a bit more about  "turn off the network and reboot the app"? Are you suggesting we run the app through flight mode?

I am an experienced software engineer and willing to help you guys fins out the root cause with my own time. Could you please connect me to someone in your engineering team?
2019-11-1
Use props
ans0600
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Paul Posted at 11-1 01:22
We're aware and we're currently trying to find the reason.

Just provide you guys with some experience I had so far with 1.2.6 app and MI 8 on Android 9.

1. The app crashes even when not connect to the device. Say it crashes when trying to contact support in the app.

2. When running the app with flight mode and only having Bluetooth on, the app will still crash within 1-2 minutes, but stay much more reliable after auto restart.

3. App should write to phone storage more frequently. Best effort should be provided to preserve user video in the event of crash. Lost entire video when app crash is not OK.
2019-11-1
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've done the unintall / reinstall thing, using the DJI download instead of the Play Store download, and the problem remains.  How do I send the log and other info requested?

I have to say that these problems, coupled with the horizontal slope in landscape, is really making me inclined to give up on this device - it's all getting too much trouble.
2019-11-1
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Well, persisting, the problem is the same when using the Mimo app with the Osmo Pocket so this is clearly Mimo-related and not related to the gimbal itself.  I'm looking at the folder shown above in my phone - "log" - which is 143MB - am I supposed to upload the whole thing or what?  Maybe DJI could be more specific about this.  
2019-11-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ans0600 Posted at 11-1 15:04
Could you explain a bit more about  "turn off the network and reboot the app"? Are you suggesting we run the app through flight mode?

I am an experienced software engineer and willing to help you guys fins out the root cause with my own time. Could you please connect me to someone in your engineering team?

Hi, after app installation, what we suggest is turning OFF the network before rebooting. Apologies but connecting to someone from our engineering team is not possible, we're only coordinating/communicating thru internal based proprietary messaging. Hoping for your understanding. Like we've said, if still fails kindly provide us the crash logs exported from the Android phone you're having issues with. If you have a Dropbox account or Google drive in sending the logs, that way we would easily hand this over with the team to analyze. We'd love to help you together with the dedicated team. Anticipating your patience.
2019-11-2
Use props
djiuser_elv2gFNu1EnJ
New
Switzerland

im Very unhappy with this solution. i bought the osmo mobile 3 for my hobby filming and now i have to notice that i cant use it as i want to cause it need this buggy app and the Sdk isnt availble yet. so 4th part apps wont work , like the very good app from filmic.
i got a s10lus android phone. it looks like that dji are just up to Apple users and not interested on the android market. i dont like to be pushed in any direction like most 3rd part companys do. please take a look frther to the huge flagship android phones communety.
2019-11-2
Use props
mkvtec
New

United Kingdom

I bought this piece of crap for my upcoming journey. I thought I will improve my video quality with Osmo M3. So far this is my biggest disappointment EVER when it comes to gear. First of DJI product and not working from the box! Common guys! I will be requesting my money back!
2019-11-5
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

note 10 plus 512 unlocked. zero issues. have had this product since launch. i dont post here because i don't have any issues that need sorting out.
2019-11-6
Use props
Aitor Donostia
lvl.2
Spain

marctronixx Posted at 11-6 06:53
note 10 plus 512 unlocked. zero issues. have had this product since launch. i dont post here because i don't have any issues that need sorting out.

maybe you are a lucky guy, but the problem is REAL and very annoying, so enjoy your OM3 and let others complain about it freely if they feel so.
Have a nice day!
2019-11-6
Use props
Brian Folan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81119 ft
Ireland

marctronixx Posted at 11-6 06:53

... And... Hopefully you haven't jinxed yourself
2019-11-6
Use props
djiuser_uR8jC1C2hr7E
New

Iran

Hi, There is a problem with the new version when start recording the screen was frozen and nothing happened after that app crashed.

i have samsung galaxy a6
os ver. 10
mimo ver. 1.3.2 , dji osmo mobile 3

Previous version 1.2.24 every things fine just smooth zoom not good enough

thank you
2020-7-2
Use props
djiuser_gukYdhvvApkD
New
Panama

Krause31 Posted at 2019-10-31 22:03

Same here, works fine  with osmo pocket until today... it only recognized with wireless plug not with type c connection... samsung s10 plu
2020-7-30
Use props
Rami M Kassem
New

Saudi Arabia

Hello ...i ve got a osmo dji 4 but the dji mimo app Dosent work with my samsung s6+ i try to connected and always saying no osmo found...so please tell me what is the solution to this problem...thank you
2021-2-18
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2019-11-7 19:12
Hi all, DJI has identified a recent issue affecting some customers using the Mimo App for Osmo Mobile 3 on several Android systems.
DJI is currently finalizing an update to the Mimo app which will resolve this issue. Periodically, devices and software require automatic updates. A recent automatic update to a security feature has affected the operation of the Mimo app for some customers using Android. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and in the meantime, please use the native camera app or another 3rd party app. Thank you for your continued support.

Usually your speech and quite the opposite, do not use third-party applications. That's when it suits you lol
2021-2-20
Use props
Tempest39
lvl.1
Qatar

Arg! I bought this device specifically for the remote capability with the Mimo app and this app is effing useless... takes about 3min to connect each time, and then I can't review videos and only a few photos before it crashes.
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT, I would rather recommend a new GoPro Hero 9...
I have tried all the suggestions on this page, none work
This is a freaken joke, was going to buy the FPV drone for my kit but now I'm worried it will have the same issues seeing as this issue hasn't been resolved in years now... This is my fiirst experience with DJI, not a very good one.
Samsung Galaxy S8
latest firmware and app download

#regrets!
2021-7-18
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Tempest39 Posted at 7-18 02:29
Arg! I bought this device specifically for the remote capability with the Mimo app and this app is effing useless... takes about 3min to connect each time, and then I can't review videos and only a few photos before it crashes.
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT, I would rather recommend a new GoPro Hero 9...
I have tried all the suggestions on this page, none work

Where are you downloading the mimo app from, the one on the play store is really really old and for whatever reason it doesnt get updated. Download it directly from here and you should be good to go https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
2021-7-18
Use props
Tempest39
lvl.1
Qatar

AlanHd Posted at 7-18 05:45
Where are you downloading the mimo app from, the one on the play store is really really old and for whatever reason it doesnt get updated. Download it directly from here and you should be good to go https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo

I tried it again, just incase, but still...
Screenshot_20210718-203920_Package installer.jpg
2021-7-18
Use props
Tempest39
lvl.1
Qatar

Tempest39 Posted at 7-18 09:41
I tried it again, just incase, but still...

I finally managed to get it working.

Solution.

-DO NOT USE THE PLAY STORE APP... It's outdated and I have no idea why a company the size of DJI can't push an update to the store... Zero ducks given I guess?
-Download the APK from the DJI downloads page.
-Delete everything on your device that has the words DJI on it
-Move the APK to the phone's SD card and not on the phone's internal memory (have no idea why this made a difference)
-Run the install while watching a long movie, (I suggest Forest Gump) for some reason it just takes a bunch of tries before it finally installs.

...from here on out the app looks and feels a bit more stable.

2021-7-18
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Tempest39 Posted at 7-18 10:44
I finally managed to get it working.

Solution.

Fingers crossed it will be smooth sailing. Hardware wise you cant beat it but they dont half skimp on the software development.
2021-7-18
Use props
Tempest39
lvl.1
United Kingdom

AlanHd Posted at 7-18 12:35
Fingers crossed it will be smooth sailing. Hardware wise you cant beat it but they dont half skimp on the software development.

Update after 1 day:

It barely ever connects to the app. I have tried all suggestions on this page about disabling wifi and data modes etc...
Only way I can get it to connect is to power down the pocket, then restart my mobile. That gives me one connection. After that I am never able to connect again without having to power down and power up both devices again.
It's piece of crap status has been elevated from a 6.5/10 to a 8.6/10 piece of crap.
Super frustrating.
2021-7-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Tempest39 Posted at 7-19 00:48
Update after 1 day:

It barely ever connects to the app. I have tried all suggestions on this page about disabling wifi and data modes etc...

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about that. May we know the mobile of your phone? Could you try to reinstall the DJI MIMO App and also update the firmware of your Osmo Pocket? By the way, please use the mobile in our compatible list to see if the problem persists. Thanks and best regards.
2021-7-19
Use props
Isabella Blair Chen
New

Australia

If my phone is not on your compatible list, does that mean I should refund it? I have tried to download it with note 20 and zip but not working on both
2021-11-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I have OnePlus 5 with Android 10 and OxygenOS 10.0.01, using it with the Pocket 2 with the latest firmware, Mimo app version 1.5.22 (225052). Most of the time no problems, the only ones I have really is that the wireless connection sometimes disconnects from the DIA Handle, but that might be an overheating issue with the handle, not necessarily a problem within the app.

For those having problems with Mimo - I feel your pain. I was extremely frustrated myself when I first got the Pocket 2 and found out that my original phone didn't support it even when I got the Mimo app installed on my phone. Only when I got my current phone, I could use the phone-enabled additional functions. I was lucky that my friend got a phone that could be used to activate the Pocket 2, otherwise I would have been without an usable camera for a long time.

Hopefully your problems will be solved.
2021-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules