Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WobblingWillie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9060581 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-11-1 09:36
Hi, there. Unfortunately, it doesn't support Crystal Sky as the Mavic Mini is an entry-level product that is used with our brand-new app, DJI Fly. We will continue to optimize this product according to customer feedback. If you have relevant compatibility requirements, please feel free to tell us. Your suggestions are very important to us.

When is DJI planning on updating the Crystalsky? It is at 4.3.16. The current Android version is much newer.
2020-5-4
Use props
fans1e2e5a9d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141033 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, there. Unfortunately, it doesn't support Crystal Sky as the Mavic Mini is an entry-level product that is used with our brand-new app, DJI Fly. We will continue to optimize this product according to customer feedback. If you have relevant compatibility requirements, please feel free to tell us. Your suggestions are very important to us.

Hi DJI Tony... I personally find that disgusting.  The crystal sky is not some cheap accessory: mine is the larger one which cost over £700 which I use with my Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic Air, and are you telling us DJI have no plans to make the DJI Fly app  compatible with it?!  That means the Mavic Air 2 is also useless with the Crystal Sky I assume, and that makes me want to look at alternative manufacturers as a result.  I find that smartphones conflict with the DJI apps, because smartphones have many other apps working in the background competing for GPS and location resources, access to WiFi or 4G, just like the DJI apps, and disconnections/ reboots are more frequently required on a smartphone than a crystal sky, which is more stable.  Either support your customers, or lose them.   This is known as fleecing them, and operating a very time limited planned obsolesence policy - regularly!
2020-5-28
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

TDZHDTV Posted at 5-3 12:21
I guess that means it’s a no go for Mavic Air 2? That is not an entry level drone

Yeah, as the MA2 also uses the same app, we will see probably more things coming to the DJI fly app
2020-5-28
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

WestTexasKen Posted at 2019-11-10 07:28
"Unfortunately, it doesn't support Crystal Sky as the Mavic Mini is an entry-level product that is used with our brand-new app, DJI Fly."

Sorry guys, this is the completely wrong attitude. CrystalSky has a purpose beyond any particular drone: that of being able to safely fly and actually see what you are doing in bright, direct sunlight. ALL of your drones, regardless of level of entry, need to be compatible with this product.

The problem here is that the Fly app is a 64 bit app and the CS has a 32 bit CPU.

So not a snowballs chance in hell.

Sorry.
2020-5-28
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Germany

bjr981s Posted at 5-28 05:01
The problem here is that the Fly app is a 64 bit app and the CS has a 32 bit CPU.

So not a snowballs chance in hell.

How do you know the CPU, if DJI itself doesnt know it?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1076284
2020-5-28
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Rockchip 3288 CPU which is 32bit.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =202583&pid=2011028

Cheers

2020-5-28
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Mavic Mini now works with the Crystalsky running the Dronelink app

https://support.dronelink.com/hc ... pp-on-DJI-monitors-
2020-8-11
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I don’t think that will really be a solution. Crystal Sky uses an old, slow processor and to work well, Dronelink needs a recent, fast processor as all the work is being done by the app/cpu and not in the drone. Whilst I can understand the frustration of having Crystal Sky hardware and not being able to use it with the MM, I suspect that even if everyone with CS refused to buy a MM, it would make very little impact on sales.
2020-8-11
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

vortex19 Posted at 8-11 03:06
I don’t think that will really be a solution. Crystal Sky uses an old, slow processor and to work well, Dronelink needs a recent, fast processor as all the work is being done by the app/cpu and not in the drone. Whilst I can understand the frustration of having Crystal Sky hardware and not being able to use it with the MM, I suspect that even if everyone with CS refused to buy a MM, it would make very little impact on sales.

I guess we were hoping to use Dronelink as free flight app for the MM to take advantage of the brighter CS screen.

I wasn't planning on using it as way-point mission program only to use it fly the MM
2020-8-11
Use props
fans5a9f2b7d
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI are consistantly and in my eyes, deliberately doing rediculously silly things to hinder the consumer. You cannot charge a IOS device on the mavic mini, now i have found out that this overpriced crystal sky doesnt like android apps, yet it is android???? Which subsequently will now be sent back.
It wont do follow me, but leichi can do it??? Hardly anything you sell is compatible with anything. I am in shock that i even paid £660 for this junk. other people can make your rubbish work through the back door. So why cant you? Oh, and your enterprise support has, and always is complete rubbish. All DJI cares aboit is raping the wallet of average joe.no wonder its mostly corperstions that succeed in drone businesses. An entitled and stuck up business you have become.
2020-9-18
Use props
Hoghead
New
United States

I had my trigger finger almost on buy, on a new mini 2 . But after reading how my 8" crystal sky is useless on the mini 2, I guess i'll just fly my p4p till I wear it out, then throw it and the crystal sky away and never spend another dime on dji anything. Bye, Bye dji
2020-11-29
Use props
Stephen Hung
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9340456 ft
Hong Kong

Please upgrade the Crystal Sky with Android 6.0
and add the DJI Fly app in the Crystal Sky system.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Stephen Hung
2021-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules