Mavic Mini Vs Mavic Air Vs Spark ( Spec infographic comparison)
28220 24 2019-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PaulArcher
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Hello guys, I took my time to create some helpful content for the comunity with the release of the Mavic Mini.

Some of my followers asked me to do a spec comparison between it, the Mavic Air and the Spark.
Want the full Drone Comparison Table?
Here it is:https://dronesgator.com/dji-mavic-mini-vs-dji-spark-vs-mavic-air/
Here's the full details for the Mavic mini too: https://dronesgator.com/dji-mavic-mini-review/
DJI-Mavic-Mini-vs-xiaomi-fimi-x8-vs-mavic-air-vs-dji-spark-comparison-table.jpg

This is a video where I compared the specs of these (if you don't like reading an article):

Mavic Mini Range in USA (FCC) vs Europe (CE)
As you can see, the Mavic Mini and Air have half the range in their EU versions, while the spark can only fly for about 500m.

mavic mini range test.jpg

Can the Mavic Mini be changed on FCC by software?
No, unfortunately it's limited by hardware so if you buy it from Europe you'll get 2km (which is plenty anyway)

How come the battery life of the Mavic Mini is so amazin?
The 30 minutes may not be achievable in real life, but you can certanly get about 27 out of those.
If you compare it with the Spark and the Air, they stand no chance.

The Drone battery is also smart and cheaper than what we've been used to (about $45)
mavic mini battery test.jpg

1.jpg
2.jpg
6.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
5.jpg
DJI-Mavic-MIni-VS-Mavic-Air-VS-Spark-drone-Review.jpg
2019-11-1
Use props
PaulArcher
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Btw, the photos at the end are made with the Mavic 2, don't know how they ended up there, lol.
2019-11-1
Use props
MJRH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23825 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for this, really interesting to see the comparison laid out clearly.
2019-11-1
Use props
PaulArcher
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

No problem mate! Can a forum admin help me with the random images that appeared at the end? Don't know how to remove them.
2019-11-1
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Great thread, thanks for the information
2019-11-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Impressive! Appreciate sharing this information to our Online Forum.
2019-11-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice work!
2019-11-1
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Comprehensive comparison

2019-11-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

PaulArcher Posted at 11-1 03:54
Btw, the photos at the end are made with the Mavic 2, don't know how they ended up there, lol.

edit them out of your post ?
2019-11-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing the comparison
2019-11-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing this info.
2019-11-2
Use props
SparkGoFly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1063 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey thanks for taking the time to do this appreciate that very much...
2019-11-2
Use props
SparkGoFly
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Do you or anyone think that the other modes like active track can be added via a firmware update????

thanks!
2019-11-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PaulArcher Posted at 11-1 03:58
No problem mate! Can a forum admin help me with the random images that appeared at the end? Don't know how to remove them.

they probably wont because they typically dont edit posts in this way either because they just dont do that or cuz it shows mini in better then possible light best advertisement cuz looks so good apart fromt he pix with the girl...that looks bit over done, bit deep fried with too much editing.   you gonna have to remove the M2P pix yourself or restart this thread and use only the correct photos.
2019-11-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SparkGoFly Posted at 11-2 07:34
Do you or anyone think that the other modes like active track can be added via a firmware update????

thanks!

internally onboard with the mavic mini doing all calculations? unlikely.   one of the areas dji scrubbed out which helps cut down on power consumption by not using such a powerful system on a chip or a downclocked existing SoC and lack of sensors.    but that being said, the litchi app added activetrack to unsupported drones a while ago using the main camera only and your smartphone to do reaction based path following, not sure ever did avoidance as well as requires a lot of compute power nd a quick connection time (low latency) and back in P3 and earlier days a powerful enough smartphone or tablet was not as common place.     additionally activetrack 3,0 runs externally via the dji go app on some gimbals currently, so looks like dji maybe preparing for pushing activetrack externally more and more since smartphones are getting so much more powerful year over year it make sense.

all in all, yes it is possible dji could add some basic form of active track using the app and connected smartphone where just follow you around with main camera and does some very basic reaction based following stuff.  but for them to add avoidance + tracking in a way probably be safer for this market at same time would require a powerful smart device as has to do path prediction to avoid things before encountering them and losing the subjct.   

will dji?  i dont know, dji is a bit of mystery sometimes.
2019-11-2
Use props
SparkGoFly
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 11-2 08:54
internally onboard with the mavic mini doing all calculations? unlikely.   one of the areas dji scrubbed out which helps cut down on power consumption by not using such a powerful system on a chip or a downclocked existing SoC and lack of sensors.    but that being said, the litchi app added activetrack to unsupported drones a while ago using the main camera only and your smartphone to do reaction based path following, not sure ever did avoidance as well as requires a lot of compute power nd a quick connection time (low latency) and back in P3 and earlier days a powerful enough smartphone or tablet was not as common place.     additionally activetrack 3,0 runs externally via the dji go app on some gimbals currently, so looks like dji maybe preparing for pushing activetrack externally more and more since smartphones are getting so much more powerful year over year it make sense.

all in all, yes it is possible dji could add some basic form of active track using the app and connected smartphone where just follow you around with main camera and does some very basic reaction based following stuff.  but for them to add avoidance + tracking in a way probably be safer for this market at same time would require a powerful smart device as has to do path prediction to avoid things before encountering them and losing the subjct.   

Okay interesting info thanks....

Was looking for a longer flight time then with the Spark but I use the active track a lot and for the price of the mini you really cant beat it... still may purchase it though... thanks again...
2019-11-2
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://store.dji.com/guides/mavic-mini-vs-mavic-air-vs-mavic-pro-platinum-vs-mavic-2/
2019-11-2
Use props
PaulArcher
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

SparkGoFly Posted at 11-2 07:34

thanks!

I made this video where I also talk about how the main disadvantages could be changed with a firmware upgrade.
2019-11-3
Use props
Kris Murphy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

PaulArcher Posted at 11-3 08:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5gzsdM8Ir0

I made this video where I also talk about how the main disadvantages could be changed with a firmware upgrade.

well, I dont think that firmware updates will add any functionality as hardware part of the drone has been stripped down in comparison with Air
2019-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Nice comparison, thanks for sharing.
2019-11-5
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Nice document, thank you.
2019-11-5
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622575 ft
United States

Mavic Air isn't $500 right??
2019-11-5
Use props
andy10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

Right!
Last year it costs me $1000.
2019-11-11
Use props
Koolaid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5397 ft

United States

Thanks for the review.  Much appreciated.  
2019-11-15
Use props
Ardenno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1877910 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mavic air and mini are completely different quadcopters. For me no manual settings for photo and video cannot be accepted. Price and light weight is no important.
2019-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules