4778 17 2019-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alex Assenmacher
Second Officer
Flight distance : 216430 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Year after year, we deliver these kinda tests for you guys to see how durable and resistant DJI drones are. This time, there's a surprise...have fun!
2019-11-1
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

That little drone is pretty tough, cool video. Thanks for sharing
2019-11-1
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

A good set of tests - gives a good idea of the Mavic Mini's envelope of robustness.
2019-11-1
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

One thing though that is rather disgusting is guys like this who abuse the DJI care. That's why it cost more for repairs, because guys like this smash it into walls, to get 'youtube views' - and the abuse the system/send it back saying 'oh, my machine 'accidentally' got ruined'.

If the video creators (such as this one) absorbed the cost as the cost of doing the video, then that would be fine. But crashing it, then abusing it saying 'time to get DJI refresh for a new cheap drone!' (as he says at the end of the video - thus I am assuming he is actually sending it back for a 'free' drone) is a rather disgusting abuse of the system.

That's why now it costs $49 for two 'free' repairs whereas before if I remember correctly there was no charge. Because of guys like this abusing the refund policy. If someone deliberately smashes drones like this - then openly promotes it in THIS forum of all places, they should be added to a list, where they are not allowed to get the DJI refresh, and pay full price for a new drone after smashing and destroying it.
2019-11-1
Use props
dronepilotbob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 931795 ft
Canada

djiguy001 Posted at 11-1 04:46
One thing though that is rather disgusting is guys like this who abuse the DJI care. That's why it cost more for repairs, because guys like this smash it into walls, to get 'youtube views' - and the abuse the system/send it back saying 'oh, my machine 'accidentally' got ruined'.

If the video creators (such as this one) absorbed the cost as the cost of doing the video, then that would be fine. But crashing it, then abusing it saying 'time to get DJI refresh for a new cheap drone!' (as he says at the end of the video - thus I am assuming he is actually sending it back for a 'free' drone) is a rather disgusting abuse of the system.

I’m pretty sure he got the drone for free to test. I’m also pretty sure that dji wants this sort of an attention. If it was negative attention, sure. But it appears to be VERY positive.
2019-11-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It looks pretty sturdy to me.
2019-11-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiguy001 Posted at 11-1 04:46

If the video creators (such as this one) absorbed the cost as the cost of doing the video, then that would be fine. But crashing it, then abusing it saying 'time to get DJI refresh for a new cheap drone!' (as he says at the end of the video - thus I am assuming he is actually sending it back for a 'free' drone) is a rather disgusting abuse of the system.

Clearly this guy did not pay for the drone.
But I agree there is too much OH LOOK HERE CLICK CLICK AMAZING CLICK NOW going on on youtube.
Click through rate (that is even a term on youtube studio) is so important unfortunately.
2019-11-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like a very robust little unit
2019-11-1
Use props
wjkrysak
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing. Appears durable enough for my use.  Plenty of pine trees here in Georgia. DJI refresh is my backup
2019-11-1
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

dronepilotbob Posted at 11-1 05:00
I’m pretty sure he got the drone for free to test. I’m also pretty sure that dji wants this sort of an attention. If it was negative attention, sure. But it appears to be VERY positive.

Probably not. But - there are whole bunch of idiots on youtube going 'ooh look at me fly my drone in a swimming pool of coca cola! it flies for 30 seconds! OH! doesn't work, lets get a NEW ONE for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

And ppl like that abusing the system (not just for drones, but many things in general) is what partially causes costs for goods/insurance/etc to go up.
2019-11-1
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Thanks Alex mucho appreciato and we do love your videos here in Missouri USA
2019-11-1
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 11-1 05:12
Clearly this guy did not pay for the drone.
But I agree there is too much OH LOOK HERE CLICK CLICK AMAZING CLICK NOW going on on youtube.
Click through rate (that is even a term on youtube studio) is so important unfortunately.

haha, because you get 10 cents per click (if ur lucky, maybe a couple dollars if you 'engage' your audience correctly!)
2019-11-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiguy001 Posted at 11-1 07:39
haha, because you get 10 cents per click (if ur lucky, maybe a couple dollars if you 'engage' your audience correctly!)

Not even that.
But if you get enough people to watch the ads, you will be more 'successful'
2019-11-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Hey Alex, have you done a range test, yet? And what version is your Mini?  
Model MT1SS5: 5.725-5.850 GHz Model  or MT1SD25: 2.400-2.4835 GHz, 5.725-5.850 GHz

2019-11-1
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

Awesome video.  This video puts things in perspective about having obstacle avoidance technology vs not having it in the mini.  For sure I won't be flying mine near trees or buildings.  
2019-11-1
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can step on it ? Jokes aside, I like to see how durable the Mini is. Better you try these situations instead of me.
2019-11-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Awesome! Great job Mavic Mini
2019-11-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>