Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Hello DJI

I know it's early but can you ask from the software department if it is possible to provide front obstacle avoidance by using the main camera? ( and maybe the apas feature?)
Thanks
2019-11-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Niknik

Thank you for your recommendation, the Mavic Mini doesn't have any obstacle avoidance feature and for the APAS it requires the obstacle avoidance.
2019-11-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great idea!
2019-11-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

can be done and emulated this way yes.   the drone itself may not have enough processing power on board, part of why its able to gain more flight time,  but can probably use basic algorithms on our smartphones/tablets via the app over wifi to figured out to stop if its about to hit something, but wouldn't work very well if poor signal.
2019-11-1
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

HereForTheBeer Posted at 11-1 22:18
can be done and emulated this way yes.   the drone itself may not have enough processing power on board, part of why its able to gain more flight time,  but can probably use basic algorithms on our smartphones/tablets via the app over wifi to figured out to stop if its about to hit something, but wouldn't work very well if poor signal.

I agree with you but even that from nothing is something
2019-11-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great idea, but the features on this drone will be limited to stop it taking sales of more expensive drones.
2019-11-4
Use props
djiuser_qGkOlKNE3Lqt
New

United States

I'd love something in between.  As a newbie I don't want to buy a $1000 drone as my first drone but as a newbie I probably more than anyone else would benefit from obstacle avoidance.   Seems like they could offer a Mini 2 without the sensors and a Mini 2s for a little more with the sensors.     You wouldn't give a $2,000 rc F15 for someone as their first plane because chances are good you just gave them a $2000 plane that is worth nothing in 10 minutes or less.    It would be as bad a decision as buying your kid a brand new BMW 3 when they turn 16.  Just my opinion of course.
2021-4-20
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It is not going to happen. The OA cameras are either side of the aircraft body and they work in stereo, to provide a range finding capability. You cannot really do range finding with a single camera.
2021-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules