Wireless unit too slow on Samsung Note 9
2434 17 2019-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 517198 ft
Israel

Just purchased the expansion kit with the wireless module being sure it supports Bluetooth connection.
While connecting the osmo pocket it only finds the WIFI 2.4GHZ connection to my samsung note9 android device. I tried to go into the osmo setup in order to try to choose Bluetooth but there is not such option. I fpund the bluetooth through my phone a d it pairs but doesn't connect. Very disappointing to put €109 for a kit and it doesn't have bluetooth connection.
When connected through WIFI (because there is no other choice ) the picture on the phone stutters every second or so when moving for instance along the pan-ax. This is very anoying. When watching the recorded file you don't see the stuttering.

Transfering a file goes super slow at a speed of 3BM a second this is at a ¼ speed of the direct connection which is already slow.

What can I do to make the bluetooth work and make it work faster?

2019-11-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Jonathan, we are sorry to know that the wireless module is not performing properly, we would recommend that you try to reset the network settings of the phone for the wifi speed, regarding the bluetooth concern we would suggest to clear cache a DJI Mimo if issue still persists please try to force restart the phone, if you have anymore questions, please don't hesitate to asks and we are more than happy to assists.
2019-11-1
Use props
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Israel

Nothing helped. Added some screenshots and images. I tried to add a video to show that when panning or tilting the camera  the picture is stuttering, but i t is not allowed to add videos
SmartSelect_20191102-085919_Settings.jpg
Screenshot_20191102-091225_Settings.jpg
20191102_090153.jpg
2019-11-1
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The bluetooth connection is purely for setting up the wireless connection - it doesn't use bluetooth once the connection is established.  
2019-11-1
Use props
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Israel

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2yd4yBBR5HCuEejg9

This is a link to a screen recording. The wireless unit transfers the movie too slowly and the picture stutters in the DJI Mimo app. Once downloaded to my cellphone the recorded movie looks good.
2019-11-2
Use props
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Israel

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-1 23:30
The bluetooth connection is purely for setting up the wireless connection - it doesn't use bluetooth once the connection is established.

But shouldn't it be connect and appear in blue? If not in blue it is not connected. The phone says the device is paired, but not connected.
2019-11-2
Use props
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Israel

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-1 23:30

But shouldn't it be connect and appear in blue? If not in blue it is not connected. The phone says the device is paired, but not connected.
2019-11-2
Use props
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Israel

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-1 15:04
Hi Jonathan, we are sorry to know that the wireless module is not performing properly, we would recommend that you try to reset the network settings of the phone for the wifi speed, regarding the bluetooth concern we would suggest to clear cache a DJI Mimo if issue still persists please try to force restart the phone, if you have anymore questions, please don't hesitate to asks and we are more than happy to assists.

With your advise things became even worse. Before the connection was slow, but stable. Now it is slow and instable and the wireless device disconnects and reconnects everytime. Now it is almost unusable.
2019-11-2
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I have to use the old way: extension rod with extension cable to get the most stable and all functions of Osmo Pocket. The wireless base lack 4k60 and D-cinelike and unstable connection with Note 9 US variant. Extension rod brings only more buttons and joystick. I see that only controller wheel is useful.
2019-11-3
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Optimus_Prime Posted at 11-3 00:06
I have to use the old way: extension rod with extension cable to get the most stable and all functions of Osmo Pocket. The wireless base lack 4k60 and D-cinelike and unstable connection with Note 9 US variant. Extension rod brings only more buttons and joystick. I see that only controller wheel is useful.

With the wireless,  get 4K60, but no D-cinelike. But, at 2.7k60, I do have D-cinelike.
2019-11-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Jonathan Post IL Posted at 11-2 09:25
With your advise things became even worse. Before the connection was slow, but stable. Now it is slow and instable and the wireless device disconnects and reconnects everytime. Now it is almost unusable.

Thank you for giving us an update of the said issue. Are you able a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists. Upon checking the Samsung Note 9 on the recommended device list for the DJI Osmo Pocket. I am sorry to say that the Samsung Note 9 is not yet recommended for the said Gimbal and the DJI Mimo app. There is a possibility that the Samsung Note 9 will work however since it is not yet tested to work properly with the DJI Osmo Pocket and  with the DJI Mimo app we cannot guarantee the stability of the said mobile device when in use. For reference I will be providing the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

2019-11-4
Use props
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Israel

I have also tried with a samsung s10. With the same problem. I will try to find someone with an iphone.
Btw I don't understand why DJI still adjusts its products better for iOS than for android while more than 80% of the world population has android and less than 20% iOS.
2019-11-4
Use props
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Israel

Optimus_Prime Posted at 11-3 00:06
I have to use the old way: extension rod with extension cable to get the most stable and all functions of Osmo Pocket. The wireless base lack 4k60 and D-cinelike and unstable connection with Note 9 US variant. Extension rod brings only more buttons and joystick. I see that only controller wheel is useful.

Same overhere. Do you say that it happens to you especially with 4k60? Never tried with less quality.
2019-11-4
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Going through this thread, I do hope that you find a resolve for your issue.  I myself am on the fence of purchasing the wireless module.  I'm still not ready to pull the trigger.
2019-11-5
Use props
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Israel

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-4 09:10
Thank you for giving us an update of the said issue. Are you able a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists. Upon checking the Samsung Note 9 on the recommended device list for the DJI Osmo Pocket. I am sorry to say that the Samsung Note 9 is not yet recommended for the said Gimbal and the DJI Mimo app. There is a possibility that the Samsung Note 9 will work however since it is not yet tested to work properly with the DJI Osmo Pocket and  with the DJI Mimo app we cannot guarantee the stability of the said mobile device when in use. For reference I will be providing the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

[view_image]
So today I finally found someone with an iphone. And with the iphone it works well.

It is just unbelievable that DJI only supports phones with smaller market shares than the market leader Samsung. Samsung is the market leader, but the list of recommended devices doesn't even have one single samsung phone in it.

Why does DJI work only on phones with small market shares? Samsung has a market share of 22%, while Huawei has only 16% and Apple even worse with only 10%. Interessting to know that DJI works best on iphones while the iOS operating system can be found on only around 10% of the world population. Unbelievable.
2019-11-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Jonathan Post IL Posted at 11-8 09:21
So today I finally found someone with an iphone. And with the iphone it works well.

It is just unbelievable that DJI only supports phones with smaller market shares than the market leader Samsung. Samsung is the market leader, but the list of recommended devices doesn't even have one single samsung phone in it.

Hi, I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. As of the moment the Samsung are not  yet tested to work properly with the DJI Osmo Pocket. But rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the recommended mobile device lists for the DJI Osmo Pocket in the near future. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2019-11-8
Use props
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Israel

Neo Supreme Posted at 11-5 03:13
Going through this thread, I do hope that you find a resolve for your issue.  I myself am on the fence of purchasing the wireless module.  I'm still not ready to pull the trigger.

If you have any samsung phone think it over twice before you purchase it.
Somehow DJI supports all phones with small market shares like iphone and huawei, but not phones from the market leader Samsung.
Is DJI owned by Apple or Huawei? Do you know?
2019-11-9
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Jonathan Post IL Posted at 11-9 14:39
If you have any samsung phone think it over twice before you purchase it.
Somehow DJI supports all phones with small market shares like iphone and huawei, but not phones from the market leader Samsung.
Is DJI owned by Apple or Huawei? Do you know?

I have no idea.  For some reason, Apple doesn't have near the market coverage as Android, though more systems/products are more prone to be more 'Apple friendly'.  It's probably because Apple has a more controlled product in comparison, so universal support is much easier for manufacturers and companies.  As for Huawei, I really don't know.
2019-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules