Mimo app (Android) crashing
4876 21 2019-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've been getting crashes with the Mimo app on my mobile phone (Pocophone F1, strictly not a supported device but it's been fine until the last couple of weeks or so) when using it in conjunction with the Mobile 3 - now I notice that the same thing is happening when using Mimo with the Pocket.  Anyone else?  It seems to be a known issue (the app reviews on Google Play are pretty grim at present) but I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned it here.

2019-11-2
Use props
djiuser_q1gGuUGUA0pC
lvl.1
Turkey

Hi Fansfe,

I agree. A lot of crashes.  Mimo crashes

1. In story mode, physically connected to OP.
2. While connected via Osmo transmitter.
3. Even when editing standalone.

So it is Mimo to blame. Not the phone or its memory.

Best Regards.

So we do not need to blame the phone or its memory.  It is Mimo to put the blame.

And I am sure Osmo guys will get it done. That's why we are not at the gopro forum...hopefully.

Best Regards.
2019-11-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

HI, we've replied to your previous post https://forum.dji.com/thread-201013-1-1.html  Please check it in awhile. We can't guarantee the efficiency of the App since this phone is not compatible in running the app. However, we're on it now and rest assured that our designated team will come up with the resolution. Thanks again for your patience.
2019-11-2
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

@ djiuser_q1gGuUGUA0pC

What phone are you using?
2019-11-2
Use props
djiuser_IyBLc6fDQ5Gh
New

India

I am getting similar issues with osmo mobile 3 and s10 plus. It was working fine at the start.. couple of firmware updates later, mimo started crashing and it super annoying.
There are many useful features I am unable to use.
But before all these firmware upgrades it's got me some fab footage. I think apple paid them more or something. It's a mere fix which can be done but dji is behaving as if that the end of the road and it will never be rectified... this is the ear of the tech and these guys are like going fussy about compatibility... a mobile gimbal should have less issues.. it's not like its physical lense of some camera... it's a software which should be more compatible for such a general product.

2019-11-3
Use props
Edward470
lvl.2

Bangladesh

Brother, do you try the luckypatchers app for this problem? If you do not yet, then try to use it. Maybe it can solve your problem...
2019-11-3
Use props
tumer
lvl.1
Turkey

Hi Guys,
I have a two solid problems when using my Osmo Pocket (OP).

FIRSTLY; crash of the Mimo application. Here are the crashing scenarios. Multiple times tested and everytime finalized with a crash. My OP connected physically to my Samsung S9+:

Sometimes not recognized.
Sometimes recognized, crashes immediately when selecting story mode.
Sometimes recognized, but then again after a while (30 sec - 2 min) crashes after a while in "non story mode" video recording.
Sometimes recognized, but then again after a while (30 sec - 2 min) crashes after a while in "non story mode" recording, and recognizes Mimo and phone again.
Sometimes recognized, but then again after a while (30 sec - 2 min) crashes after a while in "non story mode" recording, and does not recognize Mimo and phone. Sometimes stays unconnected, and sometimes after a pause connects again to phone and Mimo.
Sometimes recognized, but then again after a while (30 sec - 2 min) crashes after a while in "non story mode" recording, and recognizes Mimo and phone again, and the firmware update screen appears but then warns that there is not enough space on my sd card (which I tried formatting and again same scenario happens). At those times when the update screen appears, on the phone screen within Mimo the sd card icon of my OP is like if there is no sd card inserted at all.

SECONDLY; when connected to my phone, the battery of my OP is drained by the phone which is being charged by my OP. I don't want my OP to charge my phone.

Crazy things happening. I hope this post is helpful to sort out these crazy problems.

Whish you guys all the best. Because you did a very good job both with the Mimo (when it works ), and OP and OA. I love these cameras a lot and want to use  all their potential.

I hope these things will be resolved quckly.

OP:
Firmware

Camera Firmware

Gimbal Firmware

Serial#
0W7DG690124424

MIMO:
V1.2.6(45313)

SAMSUNG S9+:
G965FXXU7CSJ1/G965FOXM7CSJ1/G965FXXU7CSI6
2019-11-3
Use props
tumer
lvl.1
Turkey

Curt1591 Posted at 11-2 13:32
@ djiuser_q1gGuUGUA0pC

What phone are you using?

Samsung S9 +
The firmware and software info is at the previous post.

Thanks.
2019-11-3
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The phone will be charged by the OP due to the way Android handles such connections.  There have been a number of threads - well at least one - on the topic.
2019-11-4
Use props
tumer
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-2 10:29
HI, we've replied to your previous post https://forum.dji.com/thread-201013-1-1.html  Please check it in awhile. We can't guarantee the efficiency of the App since this phone is not compatible in running the app. However, we're on it now and rest assured that our designated team will come up with the resolution. Thanks again for your patience.

Dear Wanda,
Can you please check the link you posted. Because when I click I got this page.

2019-11-4
Use props
djiuser_7fJocpOdTX4V
lvl.1
Turkey

I'm having the same issue. I am using Samsung Galaxy S10+ and it's listed in the compatibility chart DJI provides. It's really a shame. The hardware is amazing; but the Mimo app is garbage as is and needs an immediate update. Hope DJI figures this out very soon or lots of units will be returned. Not good for DJI's reputation.

Looking forward to hearing from DJI.
2019-11-7
Use props
Aboveclouds
lvl.4
Spain

djiuser_7fJocpOdTX4V Posted at 11-7 00:06
I'm having the same issue. I am using Samsung Galaxy S10+ and it's listed in the compatibility chart DJI provides. It's really a shame. The hardware is amazing; but the Mimo app is garbage as is and needs an immediate update. Hope DJI figures this out very soon or lots of units will be returned. Not good for DJI's reputation.

Looking forward to hearing from DJI.

Issues here too on my samsung s10+  although its not listed on the website as compatible with the Mino app, it has been working perfectly before.  
Now i get app freezes when watching videos just recorded or downloading them to the phone.

Compatible con HUAWEI P20, HUAWEI P10, HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro, HUAWEI Mate 10, HUAWEI Mate 9 Pro, HUAWEI Mate 9, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo NEX, Mi MIX 2S, Mi 8, Mi 6, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 5T, Google Pixel 2 XL, Google Pixel 2

Dji should put the compatibility list  under every Buy button on their  websites !!!

Ciao
2019-11-7
Use props
Mike Freeland
lvl.1

United States

In another post, I mentioned this problem obliquely in a discussion about remotely controlling the gimbal while shooting concerts.

Mimo crashes very often while I'm shooting.  Fortunately, the dropped connection has no effect on the camera itself - it goes on merrily recording through my attempts to get re-connected on my phone, a Galaxy S9 (not +).  Sure, it's not technically compatible with Mimo, but when I first got the wi-fi unit, I had no problems at all.  Mimo crashes even when the OP is off and disconnected.  It just quits.

It's possible that this problem arose after I updated the OP firmware to whichever version added the 2.7 k resolution, but that wouldn't make sense if the app crashes without assistance from the OP. Never mind.

So, to DJI: Please fix this monumentally annoying bug for Samsung phones and tabs, made by one of the largest manufacturers of such devices on the planet. Probably second only to HuaWei.
2019-11-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The current version, x.x.8, fixes the crashing problem.  That's the good news.  The bad news is that Google seem to be making hard work out of getting the update to users - it's "rolling out" incredibly slowly.
2019-11-13
Use props
Kaceyx
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

Samsung S8, the app keeps crashing for no reason... I believe there is a way to avoid any compatibility issue like this. Otherwise, we wouldn't find android apps that works on every single android phone...
2019-11-13
Use props
Vaalpens
lvl.1
South Africa

Constant Mimo App crash on Android, tested on Samsung Note8 and Note10.

Regards
Janneman
2019-11-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

In another post, a user reports that this version of Mimo worked for him, if you can't get the current version from the Play Store -
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/
2019-11-14
Use props
tumer
lvl.1
Turkey

Hey Guys and dji,

I am using the Mimo 1.2.8. version on my S9+ and still got disconnected.

With the hardware connector as so with the Wi Fi unit.

And this is really annoying because I bought the Pocket and the Wi Fi unit for especially the compactness not only of the unit but also because of the story mode.

And now I am just exhausted waiting for a solution.

Why is that?

There must be a solution, am I wrong?

Best Regards.
2019-11-21
Use props
tumer
lvl.1
Turkey

tumer Posted at 11-21 02:26
Hey Guys and dji,

I am using the Mimo 1.2.8. version on my S9+ and still got disconnected.

Now I tried again. This time worked flawless....hmmm.

Need to do more experimentation than. Let's see.

Best.
2019-11-21
Use props
djiuser_9YDUGHlRbIdD
lvl.3
United States

tumer Posted at 11-21 02:43
Now I tried again. This time worked flawless....hmmm.

Need to do more experimentation than. Let's see.

Try putting your phone in Airplane mode before launching Mimo
2019-11-24
Use props
George254
lvl.1
United States

Glad I found this post, it saved me the expense of buying the Osmo Pocket and finding that it's base software Mimo is not compatible with my Samsung S10+.
Honestly that is pretty messed up to have an app not compatible with one of the most popular phone groups out there.
2019-11-25
Use props
VidmanMEX
lvl.1
Mexico

Even in airplane mode, when I try to record in hyperlapse mode my screen freezes and seems to disconnect the Bluetooth connection. I have not once been successful in recording with a App. The firmware and software is all up to date. I am using a Samsung A6+ I see many other users are having a similar problem. Has DJI addressed the issue?
2020-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules