888 4 2019-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had the Inspire 2 since it first was released. It's always been my understanding to not calibrate the compass unless told to do so by the app. I know when I go to a different location, it may ask to calibrate but, many of my flights are from the same place. Lately the app has been telling me to calibrate much more frequently. Should I be concerned about this?
regards,
Tom   

2019-11-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Did you noticed this after FW update or without any intervention on your side? Some pilots are reporting this issue, which may be related to a bug or tweaks done by DJI inside Go4 app. Anyway, frequent compass calibration is not good. Observe compass reading bar right after warning message. If it's within norm, ignore the warning and perform test flight carefully, prepared for sudden enter into ATTI mode.
2019-11-2
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

Ive been getting this quite a bit for the last couple of months as well.

I dont think the firmware on the aircraft or the controller has changed, or indeed even the app hasnt been updated.
2019-11-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what happened prior to experience this problem? Did you check if your drone has running the latest firmware version? I would also recommend re-installing the application to see if this would make any changes, however, it's recommended to sync the flight records and save important files prior to deleting the app  to prevent lost files. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-11-3
Use props
AeroMovie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 11-3 12:14
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what happened prior to experience this problem? Did you check if your drone has running the latest firmware version? I would also recommend re-installing the application to see if this would make any changes, however, it's recommended to sync the flight records and save important files prior to deleting the app  to prevent lost files. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

What's going on at DJI?  Me and other Inspire 2 pilots wrote ages ago that since the last update the Inspire 2 always gets a compass error message before every new flight and we have to recalibrate the compass.
Why haven't you (DJI Tony) said anything???  

This eternally recalibrating is very annoying and that in places where it does not have to be done before. Please fix that.

Here you can find more information about the problem we wrote months ago:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=193546
2019-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules