Question: Huawei Mediapad M-3 ok with M2 Pro?
1380 14 2019-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Holoboss
lvl.1
Dominica

Hello,
I am flying P4P for quite a long time, and used Phantom line of drones. However, as I can't get a new Phantom and mine is old and needs replacement - I will have to go for Mavic 2 Pro.

Hence the question. Can I use my Huawei Media Pad M-3 with Mavic controller? I can't find clear photos or info on it. Phantom has a very flexible phone/pad holder. But mavic has a different type mount, from what i can see on photos.   This pad is about 216 mm long and 124 mm wide. Will it fit? I don't want to spend money on a new pad, as this one is really good anyway.
Please let me know. Many thanks! Regards to the group.

Ah, one more small question - is it possible to grab returning mavic instead of landing it? I fly usually in really tough terrain, often rocky, streams, etc. not easy to find landing spot.
Thanks!!!

2019-11-2
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

The M3 is a very good tablet for the Mavic 2 - I use it myself. But it will not fit in the controller's mount. You need a tablet holder/mount for the Mavic controller, there are plenty to choose from on ebay or amazon.
It is easy to land the Mavic in your hand, I have in fact never landed on the ground. But it takes some practice (the Phantom is easier to handcatch). Have a look at youtube, lots of videos there.
2019-11-2
Use props
Holoboss
lvl.1
Dominica

Thanks a lot for your answer! I will get the mount as recommended. and surely - i will practicve my catching!
Greetings from the tropics - the Nature Island of dominica!
2019-11-2
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

My M3 works perfectly with the mavic 2.  Not had the slightest problem with it ever. And 95% of my recoveries are hand catch not a ground landing.
2019-11-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The remote controller compatible device dimension must be max length: 160 mm; max thickness: 6.5–8.5 mm for you to use the clamp of it. Nonetheless, we're also offering a tablet holder which is compatible for the remote of the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. Please refer to this link: https://store.dji.com/product/pgytech-mavic-pro-tablet-holder

In addition to this, we would recommend using a mobile device which is compatible with our application to ensure the stability of the app while using it. Thank you for understanding.
2019-11-3
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

DJI Tony Posted at 11-3 11:28
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The remote controller compatible device dimension must be max length: 160 mm; max thickness: 6.5–8.5 mm for you to use the clamp of it. Nonetheless, we're also offering a tablet holder which is compatible for the remote of the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. Please refer to this link: https://store.dji.com/product/pgytech-mavic-pro-tablet-holder

In addition to this, we would recommend using a mobile device which is compatible with our application to ensure the stability of the app while using it. Thank you for understanding.

I have the tablet holder Tony is referring to, it works great. The hinge was a bit loose, it took me a minute and a very small screwdriver to figure out how to tighten it. There is a hidden adjustment screw.
2019-11-4
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are many options for tablet holders, I use one with my standard sized iPad but do not need one with the iPad Mini.
Hand catching is possible with practice, a nice DJI feature is that the motors automatically shut down when you flip the drone upside down, but I did have a situation when I was in active track mode and did not switch back fully out of the intelligent flight modes before had catching from a boat and the motors did not turn off as expected...I got a few cuts on my hand that day.
2019-11-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ArcticPhoto Posted at 11-4 06:46
I have the tablet holder Tony is referring to, it works great. The hinge was a bit loose, it took me a minute and a very small screwdriver to figure out how to tighten it. There is a hidden adjustment screw.

Hi, we're sorry about the problem that you had with the tablet holder. However, it's glad that you've manged to fix your problem. Thank you for your support.
2019-11-7
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

I use a Media Pad M3 Lite 8" for my M2P. It works flawless. I use a tablet holder made by me. If you asked why selfmade,
2019-11-7
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

I use Media Pad M3 lite 8" and it works perfectly with M2P with the aid  of a selfmade tablet holder. Most of the tablet holders doesn't allow to watch RC's display, so I decided to build one for my demand.
2019-11-7
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

kovat53 Posted at 11-7 22:24
I use Media Pad M3 lite 8" and it works perfectly with M2P with the aid  of a selfmade tablet holder. Most of the tablet holders doesn't allow to watch RC's display, so I decided to build one for my demand.

Hi, could you share a picture of it?
And maybe a description of how to build one?
2019-11-8
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

ArcticPhoto Posted at 11-8 12:44
And maybe a description of how to build one?

Ofcourse I  can. I am on a journey, but next week I'll send the photo
2019-11-8
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

ArcticPhoto Posted at 11-8 12:44
And maybe a description of how to build one?

Here You are! Selfmade tablet holder of (rest) plywood, textile self adhesive tape and two hinges. I cut out the holes to make it lighter. Not even the nicest, but stable, AND I can watch the RC's screen.  Holds very safely the Huawei MadiaPad 8".  The basement' sheet's  width  equals to my Galaxy s9+'s width.  Not to load the handle very much, I let it slip into the gap above the lower-side USB port, that's why the ugly  brownish extra sheet.
Good flight!
2019-11-13
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

kovat53 Posted at 11-13 00:45
[view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]

Here You are! Selfmade tablet holder of (rest) plywood, textile self adhesive tape and two hinges. I cut out the holes to make it lighter. Not even the nicest, but stable, AND I can watch the RC's screen.  Holds very safely the Huawei MadiaPad 8".  The basement' sheet's  width  equals to my Galaxy s9+'s width.  Not to load the handle very much, I let it slip into the gap above the lower-side USB port, that's why the ugly  brownish extra sheet.

Thanks kovat53 - clever idea and good work!
2019-11-13
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

ArcticPhoto Posted at 11-13 06:54
Thanks kovat53 - clever idea and good work!

thank you very much
2019-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules