New

Chile

People of DJI!! Pleaseee do it
2020-3-7
Use props
fansbc050b27
New

United States

Whparto you ple keep insisting you need OA to have AT?  Is everyone forgetting the original mavic pro did not have side or rear OA yet could run AT in profile mode?  That means it would be flying sideways, and can easily fly into trees/walls/people etc because no sensors on the side.  You have to pay attention and pick your flight path.

As to the comment about if you stop, and the drone is following directly behind you it will run into you because it has no forward facing obstacle avoidance, thats BS.  Active track keeps the object the same size if possible at same position in the camera.  Ao you stop, it stops to keep you in frame at proper size.  You start, it starts.  Thats kind of the whole point.

Yes, lots of people crash their mavic pros doing AT in profile mode, including me.  Thats not DJIs fault. You are the pilot regardless of its flying an automated flight path or not.  You always need to be watching the drone, and watching your surroundings and be aware of the situation.
2020-3-7
Use props
fansbc050b27
New

United States

fansbc050b27 Posted at 3-7 07:50
Whparto you ple keep insisting you need OA to have AT?  Is everyone forgetting the original mavic pro did not have side or rear OA yet could run AT in profile mode?  That means it would be flying sideways, and can easily fly into trees/walls/people etc because no sensors on the side.  You have to pay attention and pick your flight path.

As to the comment about if you stop, and the drone is following directly behind you it will run into you because it has no forward facing obstacle avoidance, thats BS.  Active track keeps the object the same size if possible at same position in the camera.  Ao you stop, it stops to keep you in frame at proper size.  You start, it starts.  Thats kind of the whole point.

That is supposed to say "why do people keep..."  Wont let me edit after 1 minute.  DJI, please also change this.  I literally went in right after posting to edit, but didnt make all my corrections within 1 minute.  Thats insanely short.
2020-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansbc050b27 Posted at 3-7 07:50
Whparto you ple keep insisting you need OA to have AT?  Is everyone forgetting the original mavic pro did not have side or rear OA yet could run AT in profile mode?  That means it would be flying sideways, and can easily fly into trees/walls/people etc because no sensors on the side.  You have to pay attention and pick your flight path.

They’re is no problem with craft flying into trees, dji don’t care about that, that’s a worry for the user, the problem is hitting a person, this is not rocket science AT is not coming dji have already said it and the arguments make no sense, trees are safe people will not be safe.

When jogging with your Mavic air behind you and you suddenly stop well OA will stop drone going into the back of your head, but it won’t stop mini, you have to look around so it hits you in the nose, then you’ll know why no AT .
2020-3-7
Use props
pisanoal
New

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-7 08:17
They’re is no problem with craft flying into trees, dji don’t care about that, that’s a worry for the user, the problem is hitting a person, this is not rocket science AT is not coming dji have already said it and the arguments make no sense, trees are safe people will not be safe.

When jogging with your Mavic air behind you and you suddenly stop well OA will stop drone going into the back of your head, but it won’t stop mini, you have to look around so it hits you in the nose, then you’ll know why no AT .

I'm not sure why I am even trying because I know you will probably keep on this path...  So this is my one and only response.

This also is not rocket science.  Regardless of whether DJI integrates this feature or not, here is why your argument is bad.  

Mavic Pro does not have OA on sides or rear of the aircraft.  That means it can hit ANYTHING (read people) in its path when flying sideways or backwards which it does in several of its Intelligent Flight Modes including Active Track.

"When jogging with your Mavic air behind you and you suddenly stop..." It will not hit you.  Active Track stops the drone when you stop.  This has nothing to do with OA.  It has to do with keeping you in the frame at the same size.  That is what Active Track does.  Literally... That's the point of it.  When my Mavic Pro is flying 30 feet behind me when I'm in my vehicle/running/biking and I stop, it stops immediately.  OA is not engaged that far back.  That is AT doing what it's designed to do. Your drone does not just keep flying on when you stop.  That would  literally completely defeat the purpose of AT.  It directly goes against what AT does.  If the drone happened to hit you, it would only be because it could not stop in time due to speed of flight and proximity.  In that case OA would not have helped you anyways because of the minimum stopping distance at that speed.  Intelligent Flight Modes are not an excuse for pilot negligence.  They never have been and never will be.  You still need to operate the aircraft.

If DJI was really concerned about me running my drone into a person and me saying that their Intelligent Flight Mode was to blame, they would take away my Mavic Pro's ability to fly sideways/backwards on its own...  They would also take away all of the quick shot modes of the Mini which could run into me or someone else.  

2020-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

pisanoal Posted at 3-7 13:12
I'm not sure why I am even trying because I know you will probably keep on this path...  So this is my one and only response.

This also is not rocket science.  Regardless of whether DJI integrates this feature or not, here is why your argument is bad.  

You’re idea of flying sideways without OA , all dji drones can fly sideways, whether you have OA or not you are fully responsible regarding flying around other people, it’s explained in the manual.

It does wholly matter both the reason and the fact AT won’t be implemented in MM, it’s for safety reasons and dji have already said this, so you don’t have to accept what I say they said it.
And why would they risk giving AT to a drone that doesn’t have OA surely this would leave holes in their safety policy.
You say OA is not important and not there for protection, that’s wrong, AT does not have this great breaking your talking about in fact I’ve heard OA alarm many times using active track, so that’s just nonsense.Dji is not afraid of you running your drone into someone, that is your responsibility in full, there more worried about those who don't care about anything running their drone into themselves and trying to sue because other drones have more protection. Your argument about 30ft is irrelevant, I'm not talking about 30ft.

I’m always amazed at those who can’t get by without AT that for €50 more they could have had AT, I’m also listening to those who say all the hardware is there for AT but apart from a short follow at only walking speed nobody really knows.

Yes we see intelligent modes, but controller is in complete control of these modes, cycling a bike with mini behind you equals full auto so no control by operator no OA.

The problem is the argument is futile and I for one believe dji are right not to diminish their safety policy . It’s very clear when you read most posts here that many believe that buying the mini they should have all that other drones have but that’s not the way it works and we are all aware of this before purchase and if not you can return.

One thing I do know as someone who is a member of some groups, everyone wants AT until they use it once, after that it seems to fade very quickly, I’ll challenge you to go to photos/videos section of this forum and you will find it extremely hard to find one AT video in the first 5 pages, proving some people always believe grass is greener on the other side, I can tell you it’s not .

2020-3-7
Use props
The Foxy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1075869 ft
Brazil

based on the modes it already has, I say that it already has the active track, it just is not enabled, I believe that just 1 update is enough to enable this function...
2020-3-7
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Maybe we have to create a petition and send it to DJI office in China? POI, Active track, manual video settings
2020-3-8
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

MB Dronie Posted at 2-1 08:22
I sold mine yesterday. After one month I got fed up with all the issues. No active track was one of them but the worst is that video without the ability to lock the white balance is useless. It has all the ingredients to be a great drone but being so handicapped by DJI software makes it a complete disappointment. My advise to you, try it for some weeks and if you don’t like it then ask for a refund or sell it later.

i don't think you can count no active track as one of the "issues".  You knew it didn't have it when you bought it
2020-3-16
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
United Kingdom

bigc357 Posted at 2-10 01:20
Well considering the fact that I've previously used the spark and it had active track, it's only right that one can assume that its successor would at least have the same features as its predecessor, if not better.
Just like how some people upgrade to a new iPhone or Samsung phone without reading up about its features because they already know that it is new and improved.

it's not a direct successor is it?  It came after yes but Apple release newer yet lower spec'd phones all the time
2020-3-16
Use props
Sherwin Shah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7792 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-11-15 14:01
No worries, we're here to help our valued DJI forum members and your suggestion is important to us! Cheers!

great
2020-3-17
Use props
freebil
lvl.2

Greece

Yes, active track is a very nice feature. Please add it!
2020-3-17
Use props
djiuser_CrQ2WIaDRI3p
New

Switzerland

Petition to active track mod for dji mini on CHANGE.ORG "Active track track on the drone
Sign this petition
2020-3-22
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

There is even app for the Tello to have some basic tracking ($4.99)

2020-3-22
Use props
Tandemist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 343084 ft
United States

DaMa Posted at 2019-11-3 13:02
What happens, if I am moving during the quickshot?

The QuickShot will follow your subject up to a point. For Circle and Helix, that's the diameter of the circle. For Dronie and Rocket, I haven't found that limit.

I tried these. Here's a link - there are other cinematic moves in the video, but a few with circle and dronie

2020-3-22
Use props
Tandemist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 343084 ft
United States

https://youtu.be/t_CMH-l9y3I

2020-3-22
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Tandemist Posted at 3-22 14:40
The QuickShot will follow your subject up to a point. For Circle and Helix, that's the diameter of the circle. For Dronie and Rocket, I haven't found that limit.

I tried these. Here's a link - there are other cinematic moves in the video, but a few with circle and dronie

Great, thanks for the info. Take care and stay healthy !!
2020-3-22
Use props
djiuser_oeKQdlD2zrMU
New

Austria

Hello DJI.

I realy was hesitating for a long time between the Mavic mini and the holy stone HS720. I took the mini only because of its weight and the legislation in my country. The track, folow me mode seems to be only partially integrated for what so ever reason, but seems possible. I would be greatfull if you could implement more quickshot modes using this function in the future. This would give me confidence that I bougt the right brand, the right drone as a beginner. Thanks
2020-3-28
Use props
Cryptic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1516709 ft
United States

Ya I agree. There are drone that sell for $140 and have active track.
2020-3-28
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Cryptic Posted at 3-28 07:14
Ya I agree. There are drone that sell for $140 and have active track.

then buy it!!!
2020-3-28
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely agree with you 100%
2020-3-28
Use props
hvail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 990266 ft
  • >>>
United States

Boy do I agree.  The Mavic Mini is a perfect platform for Active Track!  I would even pay for code update.
2020-3-28
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

I'd like to see it coming to the mini as well, but don't expect anything from the devs.
People are still asking for a French translation of DJI Go 4 (I made a thread 3 years ago) and it's still not available on Android. Best part? There is a translation since at least 4 years on iOS version.
So, if they can't copy paste a translation in 3 years, they will probably not add active track on the mini...
2020-3-30
Use props
Huseyin Tablacioglu
New

Turkey

Active trackt  geldi mi
2020-3-30
Use props
eraz
New

I've just bought Mavic Mini and I'm really miss this feature.
The sad think is also that camera in Mavic Mini is 4K capable, but DJI decided to add only 2.7K.
I hope that they will add at least active track.
DJI we belive in you!
2020-4-5
Use props
sonique6784
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63314 ft
Australia

Sounds like AT could be available with third-party drone App, such as Litchi thanks to the DJI Mobile SDK, that should be released by the end of April, according this post:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 082&pid=2118931

Stay tuned.
2020-4-6
Use props
mfitzgerald
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60531 ft
Switzerland

sonique6784 Posted at 4-6 03:21
Sounds like AT could be available with third-party drone App, such as Litchi thanks to the DJI Mobile SDK, that should be released by the end of April, according this post:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=212082&pid=2118931

The SDK is now out which is a step towards AT but I wonder if Litchi will really bother in adding support for the Mavic Mini though.... I really hope that the next firmware update comes packed full of goodies for the Mavic Mini!
2020-4-11
Use props
mfitzgerald
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60531 ft
Switzerland

mfitzgerald Posted at 4-11 04:10
The SDK is now out which is a step towards AT but I wonder if Litchi will really bother in adding support for the Mavic Mini though.... I really hope that the next firmware update comes packed full of goodies for the Mavic Mini!

**The SDK is coming out is what I meant to say
2020-4-11
Use props
sonique6784
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63314 ft
Australia

mfitzgerald Posted at 4-11 04:19
**The SDK is coming out is what I meant to say

The DJI SDK exists, but do not support Mavic Mini yet.
Mavic Mini support, was plan for April, given Covid-19 we could expect some delay here.
you can check here: https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-Android and here: https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-iOS
2020-4-14
Use props
fansce6b0637
New

France

Nous voulons l’active track sur le mavic mini !!
2020-4-15
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
United Kingdom

mfitzgerald Posted at 4-11 04:10

You say "would they really bother" but the Mini is a relatively cheap drone with mass appeal so it mst likely is worth bothering with
2020-4-16
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Crummett Posted at 4-16 00:05
You say "would they really bother" but the Mini is a relatively cheap drone with mass appeal so it mst likely is worth bothering with

+1 on this, I think the Mini is much better value for Litchi because (1) number of users and (2) very limited feature set in standard DJI Fly app (compared to the Go4 app for higher-end models), so Litchi could make a huge difference, pushing more people towards buying it.
2020-4-16
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

It's 23th April, after three months with my mini, we just got a DJI Fly white balances update, are you joking DJI? No active track, no 4k pics or vídeo, we (specially tech engineer ones) know about the ámbarella chipset , the same one used on other mavics with these features , so the mini IS ABLE TO DO THESE features, why dont you enable them? , we Don't even have the choice to récord vídeo When the mini returns after a quick shot, this would the choice to move ourself and "simulate" Active track behaviour, and NOW, for Moré ... and scam,you are going to release new drone ay 28th of this month...if the upgrade is not made in a few , i think its to sell this mini LIMITED drone and Switch to a different brand who doesnt lock the hardware potential only for "commercial" Or i Don't know What kind of stupid reasons
2020-4-23
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

I agree 100%
2020-4-23
Use props
viktorw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4300850 ft
Sweden

Later in April the MM is expected to support the SDK. Thanks to that the app litchi will add support to the MM and therefore have the ability to track an object. Same with waypoints. So that's really good.
2020-4-26
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I do believe Litchi is commercial app... not a very cheap one. Might check again... not sure I'd like to pay for it and still not having the convenience of the Fly app.
2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_rgV4zU4k0wua
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23130 ft
Canada

I agree totally agree! I hope DJI will add it soon!
2020-4-26
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145361 ft
Malaysia

+1 for DJI to include active track (as how dji osmo mobile 3 follows the subject) while pilots fly the drone manually.
+1 for follow me mode above a certain altitude.
2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_8JSnJxIMfleK
New
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-11-3 11:01
Hi, thanks for sharing your idea with us. No worries, this would be considered as a suggestion and forward it to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your support.

Hi Tony,
is there any Update accoring the active tracking?
2020-4-27
Use props
djiuser_CmLgCw2TlkUn
lvl.1

Spain

I totally agree.  I suppose the main risk (besides not competing with yourself and taking away sales from other drones) is the lack of sensors and the great danger.
BUT apparently that doesn't pose a problem for QuickShots, which would have the same risk of crashing the drone.

We want ActiveTrack or similar! Please!
Thank you very much.
2020-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules