[Feature Request] Mavic Mini ActiveTrack
101383 483 2019-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_18gAaEemWZUX
New

Slovakia

Yes I agree to. This drone need follow me. It is best function for small dron.
2020-5-1
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45394 ft
Germany

I would be happy just with continuous helix without the need of the operator or a side to side automated motion filming a fixed point.
Please dji update this little drone just a bit more
2020-5-9
Use props
MBender
lvl.2
Flight distance : 807116 ft
Poland

I really like both ideas. I.e. full active track and the dumbed down version. Either (or, better yet, both) would be awesome.
As for the danger of potential crashes - the quick shots can already crash the drone in the hands of a callous operator, so I don't see how this is any different.

2020-5-12
Use props
terahspidgeongmail.com
New

Netherlands

Just a quick post in support of this feature request! Upvoted!
2020-5-22
Use props
djiuser_DMHFjoHrdbDP
New
Flight distance : 26631 ft

Austria

Totally agree! I'm thinking about an "upgrade" from Sparky, but without active track this is not an option for me at the moment. Please add it soon!
2020-5-23
Use props
djiuser_ZDVgPovsvVOi
lvl.1
Maldives

100% agree with you. By the way I just bought the Mavic Mini and I really  like the drone and it is very useful if DJI add active track to the mini.
2020-5-26
Use props
fans1b3cda46
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170440 ft
Hungary

+1 for this feature request!
2020-5-26
Use props
The Foxy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1075869 ft
Brazil

miss you active track
2020-5-27
Use props
Attila_Mv
lvl.1

Denmark

I don't know why DJI is so indifferent and doesn't respect its customers at all. This is a request from a lot of customers, and DJ's indifference is a bit of an insult to the customers of this product about active  track.
2020-5-28
Use props
Vez
lvl.1

Canada

Maybe there is no hardware for it to work ?
2020-5-28
Use props
fanse49cf17f
New

Czechia

+1 for the Active Track and/or SDK release. Come on guys, add this feature or let Litchi do the job, it can only make Mini's sales go through the roof, especially now when the new EU regulations are in place. I know it was a game changer for me and the solemn reason I dropped an already ordered Air 2 and got Mini instead. Mini is the future in the EU, you can be sure of that ;-)
2020-6-1
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115748 ft
Canada

Knapweed Posted at 2019-11-7 08:30
Without it, the Mini falls behind in even the most basic features for 2019. It does have a lot of solid features but none of them can be considered ground-breaking.

Maybe we should start a petition to DJI to implement the Active Track feature on the Mini?? Maybe if we have a couple hundred (or even a couple thousand) people sign it, DJI would hear OUR VOICE and make it happen?

Just a thought...
2020-6-1
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

I put a “Petition” pole here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=217067
2020-6-1
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just for arguments sake, say DJI could and or did add active track, given the lack of collision avoidance sensors how long do you think it would be before some people would be screaming blue murder about their drone crashing into trees, buildings or other objects?
Was active track ever on the cards for this drone?
2020-6-1
Use props
djiuser_EDQnnjLg5HgT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7795459 ft
Ukraine

Active track is must-have. +1 for this feature request.
2020-6-1
Use props
Andyk1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226916 ft
United States

djiuser_AdBGa3bgrANf Posted at 2019-11-7 08:11
I hope they soon implement the ActiveTrack feature, I don't think there are any problems at the hardware level it's just a software problem
I've already purchased the drone on October 30th....

Well it is now June and there has been a couple useful updates but not seeing an Active Track mod yet.
2020-6-2
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

stop dreaming! Active Track will not come!
2020-6-2
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Germany

Sean-newbie Posted at 6-1 12:48
Just for arguments sake, say DJI could and or did add active track, given the lack of collision avoidance sensors how long do you think it would be before some people would be screaming blue murder about their drone crashing into trees, buildings or other objects?
Was active track ever on the cards for this drone?

Then make it a simple tracking mode.. Can only follow you directly behind. On obstacle it will hoover on that spot, not trying to bypass it somehow.

Most cases are perfectly fine with that.. I dont need it to follow me in a forest.. But on  some open spaces, it would help one alot for better videos.
2020-6-2
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe that is possible but I think, for the above reasons, it would be opening a can of worms for them to add it .

There is one other consideration that has just come back to mind and is perhaps increasing relevant as flight rules continually tighten. By the way I am not trying to defend an argument, this is a genuine 'concern' that first came to mind when I was watching videos of people getting the Skydio 2 to track them whilst they were on what appears to be public roads.

Visual line of sight and pilot in command.  

Is tracking in compliance with the rules and regulations? Obviously there is no one common answer and ok in some videos that I have seen the drone is tracking a known and cooperating third party, meaning that there is probably a pilot somewhere with the controller in their hands and LOS on the drone, but there are plenty of other videos where the 'pilot' is the subject and they are looking at the drone only occasionally and then only to check its whereabouts. Is such a subject in command of the drone?
2020-6-2
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Sean-newbie Posted at 6-1 12:48
Was active track ever on the cards for this drone?

Considering most Mini users SHOULD already know that there is no obstacle avoidance, it should be a no-brainer to USE AT YOUR OWN RISK... also, regardless of the fact that this model falls under the FAA, Transport Canada and other regulatory communities radar being under 250grams - you are still supposed to maintain VLOS and/or have an active observer maintaining VLOS of your drone...

There are many arguments for and against Active Track for this drone, but, the ability to be able to lock on a subject or object like in QuickShots opens up the ability to easily do other kinds of shots that would be much more difficult to do manually.

Go to my petition here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=217067 and vote!!
2020-6-2
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I entirely agree that it should be a no brainer that active tracking with the mini should be thought of as entirely at your own risk. But I also think that there are pilots out there who are....... brainless and I'd bet they'd be up on their soap boxes just as soon as they could get to a keyboard after crashing their mini.
Anyhow I have voted....against.
2020-6-3
Use props
Flokichan
lvl.3

Turkey

Sean-newbie Posted at 6-3 04:19
I entirely agree that it should be a no brainer that active tracking with the mini should be thought of as entirely at your own risk. But I also think that there are pilots out there who are....... brainless and I'd bet they'd be up on their soap boxes just as soon as they could get to a keyboard after crashing their mini.
Anyhow I have voted....against.

Well there are car drivers that are also....  brainless. But it doesn't stop you from pushing the Sports mode on a 400+hp car does it? You know who would argue on a sports mode making a car faster than their own car? An owner who payed more "for that specific attribute"
And doesn't want others to have if for a more cheaper price.

So you sir have payed for lets say a mavic air/pro 2 and you cant bear the mavic mini users to have this attribute. Selfish, yet so human.
So DJI thats another thing to consider when you put the active track mode to a mini. These people who are against this are really going to get mad...
2020-6-3
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

@ Flokichan sorry but you place the wrong interpretation on my motivations, I own a mini and for what it is I like it and am impressed by what it can do. But I bought it knowing reasonably well it's attributes and what I do not understand is people buying one and then asking for a feature that it does not seem built to support. Besides, I really do think that if active tracking were added there would be a load of "active track and my mini flew into......." posts. Why would DJI expose themselves to that risk?
Would I be in the slightest bit bothered if it is added to the mini? Not at all. Would I begrudge people having it, not at all and I'd say "fair play to them, don't crash". Would I use it, I very much doubt it.
2020-6-3
Use props
Flokichan
lvl.3

Turkey

Sean-newbie Posted at 6-3 10:25
@ Flokichan sorry but you place the wrong interpretation on my motivations, I own a mini and for what it is I like it and am impressed by what it can do. But I bought it knowing reasonably well it's attributes and what I do not understand is people buying one and then asking for a feature that it does not seem built to support. Besides, I really do think that if active tracking were added there would be a load of "active track and my mini flew into......." posts. Why would DJI expose themselves to that risk?
Would I be in the slightest bit bothered if it is added to the mini? Not at all. Would I begrudge people having it, not at all and I'd say "fair play to them, don't crash". Would I use it, I very much doubt it.

Then Dear sir.
I do apologize for my assumption. As you have responded quite kindly I will refer to my motivation towards the necessity of active track as I have posted this in another topic.
-----------------------------------
"Tbh, you have a return to home feature that has it implemented without the sensors. If you have a building higher than your rth altitude. Boom. rip Mavic mini..

So I think they should Include the active track. Because we have an example of the "but there is no sensor for it brooo" argument.
I had all the chance to buy the air 2 but still went on with the mini. Because I want to hold hands with my gf on the beach while walking and take that video. And When I'm done I want to put it in my pocket. Not in the " flymore combo mavic 2 air case"(if you get what I mean)
Mavic air 2 has a big controller a big size and a fat weight which confronts you with country regulations.

I just want to track myself while fooling around with some couple of friends.

So ok lets do it like this dji.
Bait people into buying Mavic Air 2 first. and after the peak sales. Just let us have the mavic mini track feature will ya. I see you. I have an engineering management phd. I can relate
Just give a silent confirmation and we will wait like sheep no worries"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and my 2# to some dude.(If I am not in the context of the forum, please do warn me fellow DJI support moderators)
---------------------------------------
Its not about the awesome tech that sells the mini. I want to go to Urjikistan or Fiberia or whatever country that we have no clue about and not drop our drones there just because of regulations.
And as I am a software engineer as a bsc. I know the weight reduction and everything has a huge take on the board/processing power whatever. I know it cant even handle a proper helix but still. I believe even if it is a veeery slight possibility it is a possibility. Set that aside trust me implementing gps waypointing to a system without any failsafe cases is easily doable in 1 man/day of coding. Troubleshooting the implementation is another story. I had a site called trakk.me which was basically like endomondo or whatever. It is possible... I BELIEVE
(yeah I made up those countries deal with it)

So my point is it is possible and I think it should be implemented in a way after the Mavic Air 2 Hype is gone.
But if I were them I would already be in the R&D of a mavic mini 2.  Long shot. But not gonna back off :@@
2020-6-4
Use props
djiuser_rwFY4EHNS2lz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25266 ft
United States

Funny how the tello drone now has a 3rd party app that has active track that works. Yet a much superior product by DJI doesn't offer it.
Guess that $100 toy is superior to a $400 one. Hope someone will come up with something.
2020-6-18
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

So we need a MiniMe app lol! but if the tello can do it, the Mavic Min surely could.
2020-6-18
Use props
uptherighttree
lvl.1
Flight distance : 589432 ft

United Kingdom

Active track or more control over quickshots would be awesome!

My Phantom 3 pro had no collision sensors but that had loads of features where it could potentially crash into something but it didn't seem to matter then.

The software is almost there with quickshots where you lock it onto an object so it can't be much more of a task
2020-6-18
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

djiuser_DMHFjoHrdbDP Posted at 5-23 11:52
Totally agree! I'm thinking about an "upgrade" from Sparky, but without active track this is not an option for me at the moment. Please add it soon!

Buy a more expensive drone and don’t cry here.The mini does not need this feature.Look at yourself in front of the mirror,jump in it up and down and be happy.
2020-6-19
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1033222 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansa1464dd3 Posted at 2019-11-7 03:39
Sorry, what do you mean? What are talking about?

yeah that was pretty confusing eh.. He was talking about active track like it is a drone name and about putting phones on to a drone or something.. very confusing
2020-6-19
Use props
djiuser_TMVxYMvAICGG
lvl.1
Greece

I just bought the Mavic Mini instead of another brand, because I said I am going with the best brand, they are the pioneers in drone technology and because of this I would be able to do all what is possible with drones seeing other videos on youtube of cheaper Chinese drones having the tracking feature, I honestly thought this would be no doubt available at the Mavic Mini, so it is a big dissapointment that this feature is not present. Before I bought the mini, I was already foreseeing to have it follow me while I was driving the car. So YES, I want this feature!!!!
2020-6-21
Use props
djiuser_6aBZz2nPrORg
New
Flight distance : 613799 ft
India

Please include follow me/active track mode on the mavic mini!! That would be the best and complete travel drone on the planet
2020-6-25
Use props
Lorby
New
Slovenia

I also think you should include active track in the new update for the Mini
2020-7-10
Use props
djiuser_JjB0n4NMThHE
New

United States

I would have enough tracking from one position, similar to the one that is available in osmo mobile 3 . It is very strange that this function is not available in Quickshots
2020-7-11
Use props
djiuser_d1PloJuqbyLt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2920 ft
India

I have been waiting to lay my hands on one of these marvels and finally seems like my dream is about to come true. (DJI does not exist in India, legally. And the illegal market is flooded with cheats and thugs who charge 2x; 2.5x the normal). Thanks to Amazon.in and their price drop, I placed an order for fly more combo for about USD 570 (INR 42000). Normal retail price here is USD 900 to USD11000. Now coming to why I decided to pick this up:
1. Nano Drone
2. Portable
3. Affordable
4. Feature Rich
5. Trusted Brand

What I will use it for?
1. My travel videos
2. Casual stress buster

I believe active track is the only thing I will be missing and I would love to see that feature on this tech. DJI osmo mobile have tracking tech, why not add it to this? It’s just a piece of software code. If the argument is that it may damage the drone, then anyways physical damage is not covered under warranty and let the user be wise enough to use the feature when needed (just like other smart shots).
2020-7-22
Use props
djiuser_iZySgX9X4hvI
New

United States

100% agree. Active track should be available. It is very important. I am missing a lot of good handsfree shots due to the missing feature.
2020-7-28
Use props
sonique6784
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63314 ft
Australia

With yesterday SDK release, third-party dev might be able to add this feature. Litchi for instance is a good candidate.

https://developer.dji.com/products/#!/mobile
2020-7-30
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45394 ft
Germany

Hi to all,

Dumb tracking mode or at least a quick shoot without time limitation.

best regards
Vasco
2020-8-11
Use props
Kevin Penney
New

Canada

I have a mini and I know for sure all of my friends would pick one up if it had AT follow, spotlight anything something. heck I'd buy a second one for the GF
2020-8-12
Use props
kevjitzoo
lvl.1
United States

It would be nice to have multiple drones that have Active Track. There are times I don't want to carry the bigger drone just to use Active Track. Please add it to the mini!
2020-8-12
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

djiuser_6aBZz2nPrORg Posted at 6-25 00:03
Please include follow me/active track mode on the mavic mini!! That would be the best and complete travel drone on the planet
To be complete must be a Spark. Tracking, gestures,  no need controller...
In days od miniaturisations why there is no sensors. Gimbal is too big, camera is too big. Some of new phones have physical stabilisations and better cameras in smaller body.

2020-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules