101385 483 2019-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622575 ft
United States

Knapweed Posted at 11-7 08:30
Without it, the Mini falls behind in even the most basic features for 2019. It does have a lot of solid features but none of them can be considered ground-breaking.

I agree! It's a feature that should be added with a disclaimer since the drone has no obstacle avoidance. While the quickshot is fun to use at the right time, ActiveTrack is definitely way more useful.
2019-11-7
Use props
r00t
lvl.1

United States

First post on the forum, specifically to ask for this feature. Aspiring drone flyer, but the previous Mavic systems are too expensive for me, and Spark had drawbacks in distance and flight time that kept me from buying. Really want to buy Mini, but the lack of tracking mode is stopping me, want to record outdoor activities.
2019-11-8
Use props
fans322fcc83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93120 ft
Netherlands

Agree. They def should add AT!
2019-11-8
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

fans322fcc83 Posted at 11-8 04:46
Agree. They def should add AT!

Yeah! and the lack of OA doesn't matter if you track in an open area and be careful.
2019-11-8
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

r00t Posted at 11-8 03:31
First post on the forum, specifically to ask for this feature. Aspiring drone flyer, but the previous Mavic systems are too expensive for me, and Spark had drawbacks in distance and flight time that kept me from buying. Really want to buy Mini, but the lack of tracking mode is stopping me, want to record outdoor activities.

My first drone was the Phantom 3 SE at $600 dollars, but I quickly realized that the size of the Phantom really takes away from the experience
2019-11-8
Use props
1JKP
lvl.1

Germany

r00t Posted at 11-8 03:31
First post on the forum, specifically to ask for this feature. Aspiring drone flyer, but the previous Mavic systems are too expensive for me, and Spark had drawbacks in distance and flight time that kept me from buying. Really want to buy Mini, but the lack of tracking mode is stopping me, want to record outdoor activities.

Also my first post on the forum and having the same problem. The mavic mini would be an instant-buy for me if it had the active track funtionality, as I would like to use it mainly during snowboarding
2019-11-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

monkeyseemonkey Posted at 11-5 03:09
Reply from their support email:

"In regard to the Activetrack, currently, the Mavic Mini does not support ActiveTrack. In regard to Tapfly, we will forward your advice/Suggestion to our R&D Dept.. We will continue to optimize function to improve the user experience. Kindly constantly visit our link - www.dji.com for the latest updates on our technology and products.

I'm not sure why people like to use TapFly.  I think it's dangerous imo.  If you are going TapFly and you get intermitting loss of signal it should still keep going.  If you are low alt to obstacles it's just a collision course going to happen especially without OA.  I'm not sure the novices know how to handle feed loss like the people who have been making their own drones to start.  I highly do not recommend it to ever be implemented into the Mavic Mini considering the amount of people who have been crashing the M2 that even has OA and those that have had APS fail them.  The amount of world-wide DJI Care claims would be so high.
2019-11-11
Use props
Ahsan Mehmood
New

Pakistan

DJI Tony Posted at 11-3 11:01
Hi, thanks for sharing your idea with us. No worries, this would be considered as a suggestion and forward it to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your support.

Thats great
2019-11-11
Use props
djiuser_7BdtuDRlt84J
lvl.1

Netherlands

Yea please add
2019-11-11
Use props
Bjord
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861880 ft
Canada

Do any of the other DJI drones have obstacle avoidance based on the camera view? I feel like active track wouldn't work very well without obstacle sensors, constantly hitting things and plummeting to the ground. If they could make it work though, that would be swell.
2019-11-12
Use props
Blithe74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254367 ft
Russia

Need Active track and Way point  functions! +100500%
2019-11-12
Use props
Blithe74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254367 ft
Russia

Бьорд Добавлено в 11-12 00:39 Есть
ли у других дронов DJI возможность обхода препятствий в зависимости от вида камеры? Я чувствую, что активная трасса не будет работать очень хорошо без датчиков препятствий, постоянно ударяя о вещи и падая на землю. Если бы они могли заставить это работать, это было бы здорово.

Чтобы не задевать объекты и деревья в режиме Active Track, достаточно гулять на открытом месте ... ;)
2019-11-12
Use props
jh8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 39685 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bjord Posted at 11-12 00:39
Do any of the other DJI drones have obstacle avoidance based on the camera view? I feel like active track wouldn't work very well without obstacle sensors, constantly hitting things and plummeting to the ground. If they could make it work though, that would be swell.

The same is true for most quickshots modes, they can also crash your drone if you are not careful with them. You should obviosuly just use them in open areas. Many other drones without OA have modes similar to ActiveTrack, including the Parrot Anafi.
2019-11-12
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

jh8 Posted at 11-12 05:57
The same is true for most quickshots modes, they can also crash your drone if you are not careful with them. You should obviosuly just use them in open areas. Many other drones without OA have modes similar to ActiveTrack, including the Parrot Anafi.

I agree! I was testing the quickshots on the Mavic Mini and I had to make sure that it wasn't going to hit anything... And I would do the same for active track. I live in a place where there aren't many trees, so activetrack would be perfect for me without much risk.

And I've confirmed that the Mavic mini does track you during quickshots. Adding activetrack should be as simple as a quick firmware update
2019-11-12
Use props
fans322fcc83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93120 ft
Netherlands

Wish dji to add this
2019-11-12
Use props
newi77
lvl.2

Austria

+1 yes please add
2019-11-12
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Flight distance : 189659 ft
Germany

I understand that the Mini is lacking some Features to make an difference to bigger DJI Drones.
But:
I would like to see why DJI dont add such Features like ActiveTrack or Changing the Video Settings manually at example as In-App Buy or with an Code to buy to enable it.
2019-11-12
Use props
ruizink
New
Portugal

Add active tracking and I'll buy one. Otherwise I'm going to skip it.
2019-11-13
Use props
djiuser_0ZQWcQKPdBzF
lvl.2
Spain

Me too, if you add it, I will buy one .
2019-11-13
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

Christian U Posted at 11-12 19:39
I understand that the Mini is lacking some Features to make an difference to bigger DJI Drones.
But:
I would like to see why DJI dont add such Features like ActiveTrack or Changing the Video Settings manually at example as In-App Buy or with an Code to buy to enable it.

I understand the people that make this point that there needs to be a distinction between the drones, but I feel like adding ActiveTrack should be a standard since other smaller cheaper drones are getting it and there's enough of a distinction with the lower video quality, bitrate, shooting modes, and lack of obstacle avoidance!

As for adding these at a small cost, I would totally purchase it for like $10-$20
2019-11-13
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

@DJI, as you can see, many people are willing to purchase this drone if ActiveTrack was added. I already did because of the portability compared to my old Phantom 3 SE, but I would also really appreciate ActiveTrack. Work out the kinks and how to make it less prone to crashing and send it out, please!
2019-11-13
Use props
Cdpils
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24948 ft
Germany

Seconded, knowing a lot of people, who don’t buy the Mini because of the lack of active tracking.
Should be standard by now.
2019-11-13
Use props
djiuser_brWnIjCfMqXR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57428 ft
Netherlands

Active tracking needs to be added. Like its almost industry standard
2019-11-14
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_brWnIjCfMqXR Posted at 11-14 09:08
Active tracking needs to be added. Like its almost industry standard

Agreed! One of the most useful features!
2019-11-14
Use props
djiuser_Bm6ExZIH5JXB
lvl.1

Germany

Could not agree more, especially as a crippled version is already implemented for the selfies
2019-11-14
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_Bm6ExZIH5JXB Posted at 11-14 12:03
Could not agree more, especially as a crippled version is already implemented for the selfies

exactly. They showed us that the drone is capable of it. They can't deny that fact. Now they just have to let us use it.
2019-11-14
Use props
AndyW66
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20256 ft
Canada

Have to wonder why Dji would not add active track /follow me to the Mini if it can do quick shots now? No reason it couldn't do it. Haven't bought one yet and waiting to see if they add it and the panoramic presets for photos,  until then I'll keep flying my Spark.
2019-11-15
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

AndyW66 Posted at 11-15 06:13
Have to wonder why Dji would not add active track /follow me to the Mini if it can do quick shots now? No reason it couldn't do it. Haven't bought one yet and waiting to see if they add it and the panoramic presets for photos,  until then I'll keep flying my Spark.

Yeah, they're just stopping us from using the full potential of the drone.

Also, looks like this post is 2nd on the list for "Hot Topics" . Hopefully they see that as a sign that many people do want ActiveTrack and that they should add it ASAP.
2019-11-15
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

Blithe74 Posted at 11-12 05:11
Need Active track and Way point  functions! +100500%

Waypoints would be really nice!
2019-11-15
Use props
Attila Mv
New

Denmark

I sold my spark and bought maviC mini but unfortunately this one have not active trace so i have To choose other one.
2019-11-15
Use props
Attila Mv
New

Denmark

I sold my spark and bought maviC mini but unfortunately this one have not active trace so i have To choose other one.
2019-11-15
Use props
Attila Mv
New

Denmark

I sold my spark and bought mavic mini but unfortunately this one have not active trace so i have To choose other one.
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

No worries, we're here to help our valued DJI forum members and your suggestion is important to us! Cheers!
2019-11-15
Use props
Attila Mv
New

Denmark

Hi, thanks for sharing your idea with us. No worries, this would be considered as a suggestion and forward it to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your support.

I sold my spark and bought mavic  mini but unfortunately this one have not active trace so i have to choose other one.
2019-11-15
Use props
Attila Mv
New

Denmark

I sold my spark and bought mavic  mini but unfortunately this one have not active trace so i have to choose other one.
2019-11-15
Use props
Attila Mv
New

Denmark

2019-11-15
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

Attila Mv Posted at 11-15 14:02
I sold my spark and bought mavic  mini but unfortunately this one have not active trace so i have to choose other one.

Just wait a bit, they may add it in after realizing how popular of an idea this is!
2019-11-15
Use props
SCZ79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 435177 ft
Italy

I agree!!!
2019-11-15
Use props
Riplex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226125 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Cheap drones like Fimi A3 has a follow me mode. And DJI Mini not ? What a shame !
2019-11-16
Use props
Johnny Danger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130466 ft
Italy

The active tracking /follow-me mode is an absolute must have function for the Mavic mini. It's a deal breaker for me too, I won't buy it without this function.
2019-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules