Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Feature Request] Mavic Mini ActiveTrack
100412 483 2019-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
1JKP
lvl.1

Germany

As this thread appears to be the highest viewed and replied one in the mini forum, some kind of statement by DJI would be fantastic...
2019-12-11
Use props
Cdpils
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24948 ft
Germany

Guess DJI has to first sort out, who has the upper hand - marketing or engineering
2019-12-11
Use props
djiuser_zdolXjuYQWOl
New

United States

I hope DJI is reading this. Adding this feature is perfect for the Mavic Mini
2019-12-11
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11460925 ft
United States

They should be able to add Active Track at a certain altitude, as most trees near me are 100-150 ft tall and even basic tracking from that height I feel like would still be cool.
2019-12-11
Use props
kiminx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

waiting for good news with good features....
2019-12-11
Use props
Earth
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have just had my Mavic Mini delivered and I love it! It's a must buy.

I feel that an ActiveTrack feature should be added. It would make the experience perfect.
2019-12-12
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622575 ft
United States

Cdpils Posted at 12-10 23:57
With Skydio being lightyears ahead in this area and making this an unique selling proposition, just skipping this feature in any new drone should be a no go.

I agree with the point you make. But if you look at OriginalDobo's video, Skydio 2 was definitely hyped up. They still need to perfect it through firmware updates! I'm putting my money on the Mavic 3. He tested the Mavic 2 against the Skydio 2 and it did decently for a 1 year old drone. Who know what they'll put in the Mavic 3!
2019-12-12
Use props
MaZa78
New

Finland

This would be a great addition & hopefully DJI will implement this.

I need this when I am alpine skiing all the time.
2019-12-12
Use props
djiuser_poULnluqy81x
New

Canada

I’m hoping so much that active track can be added, even if it’s a very basic follow mode.  Hopefully it’s not a processor limitation.  Please dji!!!!
2019-12-13
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

ICDroneSE Posted at 12-12 18:48
I agree with the point you make. But if you look at OriginalDobo's video, Skydio 2 was definitely hyped up. They still need to perfect it through firmware updates! I'm putting my money on the Mavic 3. He tested the Mavic 2 against the Skydio 2 and it did decently for a 1 year old drone. Who know what they'll put in the Mavic 3!

Perhaps they will remove tracking all together like on the Mini ?!  
2019-12-13
Use props
djiuser_05G9FRgrC8Iz
lvl.1

United States

I wan active tracking
2019-12-14
Use props
ernie_e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 299380 ft
United States

Makes sense.
2019-12-14
Use props
SirFlyALot
lvl.1
Germany

I too think that some further software feature updates such as active track and manual settings for video mode should be added to the Mavic Mini. Especially the active track is expected by most new pilots and a strong buying reason and if explicitly warned about, I think the risk of having no OA is well worth it. The Mavic Air doesn't have OA for all sides either and it will crash in active track mode if not properly taken care manually.
The Mavic Mini can really develop business for dji exponentially, as it attracts lots of new pilots to the dji ecosystem. From there, a lot of pilots will want to upgrade to a Mavic Pro (2 or 3) to get better flight characteristics and superior image quality. But to attract those new pilots to the Mavic Mini, they should add active track, which is a very useful feature for beginners!
Hope you're listening to your userbase DJI
2019-12-15
Use props
Scott Dolan
lvl.1

United States

We need active track!

Collision avoidance is not necessary for a lot of us drone users as we fly in open fields.
2019-12-17
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some form of active track would be great. It does demonstrate some AT capabilities with the quick shots. I have done some quick shots and moved and the MM adjusts accordingly and I have seen the youtube video of the guy on a 4 wheeler and it adjust for him while riding the ATV. So I know it can do some form of active track.  Active track would make a wonderful Christmas present!!
2019-12-17
Use props
djiuser_Li0x9INlJfwY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2953153 ft
Ireland

I ordered this drone for travel and backpacking because of its portability. DJI could be missing a trick by not advertising directly to that market. A follow me function would be the perfect feature for travel blogging.
2019-12-17
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

feature requests mavic mini dji fly HERE!!!
2019-12-17
Use props
zufanur-wolf
lvl.1

Indonesia

I agree 100% have follow Activetrack in mavic mini
2019-12-17
Use props
nguyenhunga5
lvl.1

Vietnam

I hope this future come to Mavic Mini soon.
2019-12-18
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

The thing is, yes maybe they COULD add it but you'd assume they'd want some a good feature there for launch to boost sales
2019-12-19
Use props
Dronehiker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71237 ft
Portugal

I am feeling quite dumb now. Bought the Mini last week thinking the quick shots had an active track function, I hike usually solo and this was the reason I bought this drone. Most likely I will be returning it, still have another week to do it, how can a drone in 2019 NOT having a simple active track feature?  Feeling quite frustrated with this thing
2019-12-20
Use props
ShadowZ
lvl.2
Canada

Came back here to check if there is an update to active track, and looks like it won't be getting it any time soon.  Glad I didn't pre-order it, would've been a huge let down.
2019-12-21
Use props
Drone Retard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380344 ft
Romania

DJI stop sleeping and get the request or you'll lose many clients. This is my first drone, the next update should have active track and nfz problem resolved. If not I'm gonna get me a skydio 2 witch is more avesome in any way. Got the mini because of the DJI brand but it's very disappointing.
2019-12-21
Use props
fansc92b29f7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23924 ft
United States

1JKP Posted at 12-11 02:09
As this thread appears to be the highest viewed and replied one in the mini forum, some kind of statement by DJI would be fantastic...

I want to add my voice to those asking for this feature.  I had a spark that is no longer with us, and I just barely got a Mavic Mini as a replacement.  I want the active track feature enough that I'm considering returning for something else that at least has a follow me feature with the phone gps.  Can an official DJI response be expected anytime soon?
2019-12-21
Use props
Berhatz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 667575 ft
Russia

Dji,  add active track!
2019-12-21
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

Crummett Posted at 12-19 04:59
The thing is, yes maybe they COULD add it but you'd assume they'd want some a good feature there for launch to boost sales

You bring up a good point...
2019-12-21
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

Drone Retard Posted at 12-21 10:42
DJI stop sleeping and get the request or you'll lose many clients. This is my first drone, the next update should have active track and nfz problem resolved. If not I'm gonna get me a skydio 2 witch is more avesome in any way. Got the mini because of the DJI brand but it's very disappointing.

Idk if this is relevant for you, but the size was definitely the #1 reason why I got this drone. I practically bring the thing everywhere I go
2019-12-21
Use props
Drone Retard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380344 ft
Romania

ICDroneSE Posted at 12-21 20:49
Idk if this is relevant for you, but the size was definitely the #1 reason why I got this drone. I practically bring the thing everywhere I go

The size also matter because I will take it with me on my motorcycle on tours but I can also take a bigger one, I have plenty of room on r1200gsa
2019-12-21
Use props
jayjay70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34026 ft
Finland

Missing Active Tracking is a huge disappointment - I'm waiting if they will implement it before I buy my mini..
2019-12-22
Use props
QRF_HawkEye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94032 ft
Croatia

I am pretty sure they will add it with future updates, they just need a little time to develop and polish it.
2019-12-22
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21814 ft
Turkey

I have seen somewhere on the internet that one of the DJI support guy said that fly route will be added in the upcoming updates. I don't know about active track but it would be awesome however adding active track without any obstacle avoidance made me think a little bit
2019-12-22
Use props
John Player Spe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4505 ft
Denmark

Just sold my used Spark.
Wanted really the new mavic mini, but without follow me mode, im just not so sure. Looking on to something non dji drones. What a let down. It has all the things going for it. Please make it possible dji, i really wanna buy the mini.
2019-12-22
Use props
djiuser_05G9FRgrC8Iz
lvl.1

United States

I want active track on the mavic mini
2019-12-22
Use props
OkosTobias
lvl.1
Germany

Gearbest blog site reported dji saying they won‘t add active track at all. The reason stated was that all quickshot flight controlls are performed in the app, on the phone. Why this should be a game killer I don‘t know.
2019-12-23
Use props
OkosTobias
lvl.1
Germany

OkosTobias Posted at 12-23 05:33
Gearbest blog site reported dji saying they won‘t add active track at all. The reason stated was that all quickshot flight controlls are performed in the app, on the phone. Why this should be a game killer I don‘t know.

https://m.gearbest.com/blog/how-to/does-dji-mavic-mini-support-active-track-9546
2019-12-23
Use props
Earth_blazing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57428 ft
Netherlands

OkosTobias Posted at 12-23 05:35
https://m.gearbest.com/blog/how-to/does-dji-mavic-mini-support-active-track-9546

I feel this is very worrisome, giving a statement somewhere else and not on this forum in this specific thread. Also I feel this is a cop-out response, since if they process the quickshots from the phone they can do active track via the smartphone.

So I would love to actually have a reply from DJI so I can consider returning my Mini because I do seem to need active track more then I expected
2019-12-23
Use props
moniek1996
lvl.3
Flight distance : 509577 ft
United Kingdom

I've never checked any forum as often as I do now with the mavic mini. There are so many things DJI needs to fix and implement it is worrying that there is no information at all. The lack of Active Track, manual video settings or RAW photos, not even mentioning not being able able to unlock the blue zone restrictions (hence I wasn't even able to test my mavic mini since I bought it!)
I think people will be very, very unhappy if the choose do ignore customers' needs. The mini has such a massive potential and not implementing those extra features will only make customers angry
2019-12-23
Use props
Cdpils
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24948 ft
Germany

I think critical updates (unlock NFZ, fly aways) first, then get ActiveTrack and better camera controls done.
2019-12-24
Use props
Johnny Danger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130466 ft
Italy

So DJI, what are you doing? No presents for you this Xmas!!
Get to work and do what you know! Stop messing around and activate this bloody active track! And start shipping some batteries and accessories... orders are very very late!
2019-12-24
Use props
fansfe09fac3
New

Spain

Probable it wont do much, but there is a petition on change.org regarding this matter...
2019-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules