Can you NFZ unlock w/ the Smart Controller?
3428 10 2019-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does it have to be tethered through a bluetooth smartphone to work?  I'm not sure so I have it connected just incase.
2019-11-2
Use props
Sick Dawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

you claim to be the resident expert...you tell us
2019-11-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

It doesn't matter what device you use, it has to be connected to the internet to be able to communicate with the DJI servers and receive the unlock license.

I almost always do my unlocks at home on the computer and then import it to the aircraft via DJI Go 4 on the Smart Controller while still connected to my home WiFi.
2019-11-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You could connect the Smart controller via wi-fi to your mobile device that has tethered hotspot, however, the mobile device should've internet access as well to do the self unlocking. Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for your support.
2019-11-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-3 10:49
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You could connect the Smart controller via wi-fi to your mobile device that has tethered hotspot, however, the mobile device should've internet access as well to do the self unlocking. Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for your support.

Yeah, I tried bluetooth but it did nothing.  What is the purpose of having bluetooth support for the SC?
2019-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-4 00:03
Yeah, I tried bluetooth but it did nothing.  What is the purpose of having bluetooth support for the SC?

If you have it, you can use a personal hotspot from your phone.
2019-11-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-4 00:27
If you have it, you can use a personal hotspot from your phone.

The phone is connected to the internet already and bluetooth connected.  I didn't think about connecting the hotspot to the wifi at the time.
2019-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-4 00:31
The phone is connected to the internet already and bluetooth connected.  I didn't think about connecting the hotspot to the wifi at the time.

I think wifi will fix your problem.
2019-11-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AntDX316 Posted at 11-4 00:03

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. You mean that the Smart controller is already connected to your mobile device via hot-spot? Did you check if the mobile device itself has an access to the internet? The usage of the Bluetooth on the Smart controller is for you to be able to connect to the other devices. Usually, for the Go Share function. Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for your support.
2019-11-7
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

You can only unlock the DJI Self/Custom NFZ either on your PC (desktop ) or IPAD /Notepad type mobile devises.
You need to log in your DJI account on DJI Safeflight web site  first
Ordinary Android  and iOS  phones including SC will not let you  to fill the form on DJI self unlock website.

Alternatively, you can set multiple unlimited unlock licences (3 consequtive days each) at home on PC/iPAd, Before flight, you can select the  current unlocking licence on your DJI GO 4 Apps  , you still need hotspot  connection on your SC/mobile.
2019-11-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

akozc Posted at 11-8 18:27
You can only unlock the DJI Self/Custom NFZ either on your PC (desktop ) or IPAD /Notepad type mobile devises.
You need to log in your DJI account on DJI Safeflight web site  first
Ordinary Android  and iOS  phones including SC will not let you  to fill the form on DJI self unlock website.

I did all that but wifi connect to the hotspot on the phone.
2019-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules