34147 116 2019-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

JJB* Posted at 11-4 06:33
Or is the Mini for both models the same and is only the RC the difference??

Nope, DJI Mindy clarified that: Remotes and aircrafts from different models are not even compatible with each other...
2019-11-4
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nidge Posted at 11-4 05:31
Interesting observation and very pertinent.

Back in 2013/14, here in the UK, an RC model flyer found himself in serious trouble after he lost control of his model and it ended up being found within the grounds of a very sensitive area. The authorities began prosecution proceedings against him so being a member of the British Model Flying Association (BMFA) he tried to use their legal assistance service. However it was found that the RC equipment he was using was not certified for use in the UK so legal assistance was declined.

To bad that RC model didn't have any RTH ability.  
2019-11-4
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

SeenMavic Posted at 11-4 05:47
Thanks markusd1984, very interesting that it is locked in firmware for the MT1SS5 (FCC) model.
Now we need the same paper for MT1SD25 (CE) model and I would be very interested a screenshot of the label on both models (to see what logo FCC/CE it has on it).

Usually, CE and FCC certs telling people that a product has the CE/FCC standards for selling it in CE/FCC countries. Nothing else.
Since it is part of your personal belongings, traveling, 1 or 2 pieces, and it is not your intention to sell this, it is totally your problem, how to use it.

Example would be some "years" ago electronic stuff, with power adapters for just 110Volt plus the plugs for it.
These days, most of it comes 110-220V, but still you need an adaptor.

Same is it with FCC or CE drones: the boarder check wont be interested in them. As long it is not illegal, to bring them, drones, anyway.

Check with google what FCC and CE stickers mean.

Just for us, using radio equipment , there is the "you can bring it, but you should (must!) not use it" extra thing.

2019-11-4
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

maihem.rc Posted at 11-4 06:55
To bad that RC model didn't have any RTH ability.

The flyer claims that it had the capability but claims it failed to kick in. He also claims it lost connection before it reached the estuary/channel and flew through the bridge. His model eventually washed up on the shores of BAE Defence Systems (Nuclear Submarine Testing Facility) and was found by their security.

This is the flight:

2019-11-4
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

CemAygun Posted at 11-4 06:43
Nope, DJI Mindy clarified that: Remotes and aircrafts from different models are not even compatible with each other...

Which can be a firmware thing.
2019-11-4
Use props
SeenMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6142635 ft
  • >>>
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 11-4 06:57
Usually, CE and FCC certs telling people that a product has the CE/FCC standards for selling it in CE/FCC countries. Nothing else.
Since it is part of your personal belongings, traveling, 1 or 2 pieces, and it is not your intention to sell this, it is totally your problem, how to use it.

I already checked what those stickers mean. However, I only find reliable answers for CE region regarding importing products by UPS/post OR commercial dealers. I did not find any source showing you can actually "import" it yourself by law.

So if you can provide sources for CE and FCC "private import", please share. Thanks.
2019-11-4
Use props
SeenMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6142635 ft
  • >>>
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 11-4 09:07

From what has posted here, the Mavic Mini itself is locked by firmware. So I bet the RC is locked by firmware aswell (as weight esp. <10grams is ignorable).
2019-11-4
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

SeenMavic Posted at 11-4 11:56
I already checked what those stickers mean. However, I only find reliable answers for CE region regarding importing products by UPS/post OR commercial dealers. I did not find any source showing you can actually "import" it yourself by law.

So if you can provide sources for CE and FCC "private import", please share. Thanks.

The "thing" is:
Are you a visitor to a country, or a you bringing something FROM another country home?

In the first case, it is seen as personal belongings, coming and going with you. If your belongings exceed a certain value, you may have to declare it on arrival.
That would most likely be the case for every better notebook, smartphone or one of the mavic 2.
Just in reality, noone does it (mostly) and no one cares!

If second, even then it is just a local import tax thing.
Which you would have with every other product, you bring to your country by yourself, and that is of higher value, as the free limits.

You need to understand that using and owning is a different thing.
You can own an FCC only product in CE countries
But can't legally use it (in case it is a radio transmitter involved and the power is greater, as CE allows)

2019-11-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Montfrooij Posted at 11-4 03:24
Very true
But since this is the perfect travel drone, it is strange that the choice for CE / FCC is baked into the hardware of the drone.

Yes, fully agree with you

2019-11-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

JJB* Posted at 11-4 12:53
Yes, fully agree with you

I'm curious how it will be in reality....
2019-11-4
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 11-4 04:11
Honestly, I have crossed MANY (airport) boarders, in the past 2 years. NOT at one, someone hass looked for CE or FCC. Even looking at it, they never checked on that. Because you are not/just temporarily importing it!
As long there is no "100% no drone into the country", you have maximum to worry about starting it in there.
IMHO!

I agree, just fly it. I highly doubt there will be drone police with RF meter measuring you RC output.  
2019-11-4
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

S-e-ven Posted at 11-4 09:07

That was my first guess as well, but we won't know for sure until somebody opens a couple of minis up and checks the hardware
2019-11-4
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

CemAygun Posted at 11-4 20:53
That was my first guess as well, but we won't know for sure until somebody opens a couple of minis up and checks the hardware

I have, somehow, trust in people, to do so!
2019-11-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Montfrooij Posted at 11-4 13:13
I'm curious how it will be in reality....

Saw a german vid where the mini range was not more than 500 meters....in a wide open area.
So in a more suburb area only 250 meters??

1) Bad selling point
2) not convinced about the video quality....to much motion blur and out of focus.

But 3.7% batt drain for 1 minute flying !!   impressive that is.

2019-11-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

JJB* Posted at 11-5 00:05
Saw a german vid where the mini range was not more than 500 meters....in a wide open area.
So in a more suburb area only 250 meters??

That is to be expected.
The only real good connection I know (CE) is occusync.
Not sure how they pull that off, but I can fly 4000m with my (unmodded) Mavic Pro.
It was an open area (over water)
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi SeenM, the wireless signal RF hardware of the Mavic Mini is either the CE/MIC dual-frequency version (2.4 GHz/5.8 GHz) or the FCC (5.8 GHz) version.
If the Mavic Mini you purchased is a CE version, you can fly normally in CE countries and regions, SRRC and FCC countries and regions.
There should be no customs issue, you can bring the drone to other countries.
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DAFlys Posted at 11-4 02:48
Also if you fly FCC in non FCC country you just get a warning in the software.

Update: If the Mavic Mini you purchased is an FCC version, you can fly normally in FCC and SRRC countries and regions, and CE countries and regions that support 5.8G.
But please note it is illegal to use the 5.8 GHz band in Japan, Russia, Israel, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan. The app will pop up a disclaimer warning but if you keep flying, you may face legal risks.
2019-11-5
Use props
djiuser_2qqJ8nhso95U
lvl.1

Germany

@DJmindy

But how will the range of the mini change when I fly a CE Version in an FCC country? Will it be the same like a stock FCC Mini?
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_2qqJ8nhso95U Posted at 11-5 02:59
@DJmindy

But how will the range of the mini change when I fly a CE Version in an FCC country? Will it be the same like a stock FCC Mini?

When flying CE version Mavic Mini in other countries, the maximum image transmission distance would be:
On CE countries and regions: 2.4G: 2 Km, 5.8G: 500 m (as supported by regional regulations);
On SRRC countries and regions:  2.4G: 2 Km, 5.8G: 500 m;
On FCC countries and regions: 2.4G: 2 Km, 5.8G: 500 m
2019-11-5
Use props
djiuser_2qqJ8nhso95U
lvl.1

Germany

Thanks.
So the full range of the mini is only possible with a FCC model bought in the USA?
2019-11-5
Use props
markusd1984
lvl.2

Ireland

S-e-ven Posted at 11-4 05:28
Has it?
If the bird just have 5.8 in FCC, why would the RC have 2.4, useless on top?
in case the RC has the same hardware, I would assume the same for the birds!

Because CE (controlled by FW) is allowed to use 2.4G with more power than 5.8G according to CE specs "2.4 GHz: <19 dBm (MIC/CE) 5.8 GHz: <14 dBm (CE)".
In otherwords the max 2km for CE seems rto be only possible in the 2.4G mode while only 500m for 5.8G.
2019-11-5
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nidge Posted at 11-4 08:56
The flyer claims that it had the capability but claims it failed to kick in. He also claims it lost connection before it reached the estuary/channel and flew through the bridge. His model eventually washed up on the shores of BAE Defence Systems (Nuclear Submarine Testing Facility) and was found by their security.

This is the flight:

What the heck!?!  At 50 seconds there's an airstrip, then the bridge, what was this guy thinking?
2019-11-5
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

JJB* Posted at 11-5 00:05
So in a more suburb area only 250 meters??

also saw this vid.. CE version is RIP!

@2.4, empty field, straight line flying, all time line of sight - should be official 2000m...
he do 300m when lower signal kick in, and full lost connection just over 500m

so we got in real life 1/4 range of one from official spec :/
and then if 5.8 range is 500m in spec, then real would be what - 200m?
2019-11-5
Use props
djiuser_2qqJ8nhso95U
lvl.1

Germany

How is the range of an FCC Version in an CE country?
2019-11-6
Use props
djiuser_tXdnEZvuw297
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1423776 ft
Italy

I have a question about FCC mavic mini used in CE areas.
A lot of "smart" European people will buy the mavic mini in US or China where only 5.8 gHz band is preset at about 30dBm to fly full range.
Here is my doubt.
Since the CE version allows a much bigger transmission power at 2,4 gHz (19 dBm) than at 5,8 gHz (14 dBm), is there a possibility that the mavic mini, once getting the GPS coordinates, will adjust the transmission power of the 5,8 gHz band at a legal value so that such "smart" people get screwed by having a drone flying only with 14 dBm power (as the 2,4 gHz band won't be available)?
2019-11-6
Use props
RBI
Second Officer

Philippines

djiuser_tXdnEZvuw297 Posted at 11-6 05:46
I have a question about FCC mavic mini used in CE areas.
A lot of "smart" European people will buy the mavic mini in US or China where only 5.8 gHz band is preset at about 30dBm to fly full range.
Here is my doubt.

I believe that the US version of the MM has no CE mark.

I can well imagine that the "smart" people will have problems with customs.
2019-11-6
Use props
alan1206
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119934 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

SeenMavic Posted at 11-4 05:47
Thanks markusd1984, very interesting that it is locked in firmware for the MT1SS5 (FCC) model.
Now we need the same paper for MT1SD25 (CE) model and I would be very interested a screenshot of the label on both models (to see what logo FCC/CE it has on it).

Ce or fcc just signal power.  Frequency is issue.  Try to fly 5.8 in japan or australia.  If they tracked you down.  Let see what happen
2019-11-6
Use props
alan1206
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119934 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-5 02:57
Update: If the Mavic Mini you purchased is an FCC version, you can fly normally in FCC and SRRC countries and regions, and CE countries and regions that support 5.8G.
But please note it is illegal to use the 5.8 GHz band in Japan, Russia, Israel, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan. The app will pop up a disclaimer warning but if you keep flying, you may face legal risks.
My friend's m2 fly in japan.  5.8 will be disabled
2019-11-6
Use props
xtrem
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-5 03:14
When flying CE version Mavic Mini in other countries, the maximum image transmission distance would be:
On CE countries and regions: 2.4G: 2 Km, 5.8G: 500 m (as supported by regional regulations);
On SRRC countries and regions:  2.4G: 2 Km, 5.8G: 500 m;

@DJI Mindy

Could you also please explain when flying the FCC version in other countries?

2019-11-7
Use props
louis08
lvl.1

France

RE: DJI please clarify FCC/CE models re. vacation in different regions

KREMi Posted at 11-5 13:43
also saw this vid.. CE version is RIP!

@2.4, empty field, straight line flying, all time line of sight - should be official 2000m...

there's another video on YouTube by COPTER.BG (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFOQg33R14I) and they managed to fly >1500m in CE mode - albeit maxing out height to 500m.

I dare taking a bet that this flight was not exactly within sight, but anyway.....
2019-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

If the Mavic Mini you purchased is an FCC version, you can fly normally in FCC and SRRC countries and regions, and CE countries and regions that support 5.8G.
The maximum image transmission distance of the FCC aircraft is 4 km in FCC countries and regions, 2.5 km in SRRC countries and regions, and 500 m in CE countries and regions supporting 5.8G.
But please note it is illegal to use the 5.8 GHz band in Japan, Russia, Israel, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan. The app will pop up a disclaimer warning, but the user can still start the motor and take off. But if you keep flying, you may face legal risks.
2019-11-8
Use props
astrogirl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18494 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-8 05:41
If the Mavic Mini you purchased is an FCC version, you can fly normally in FCC and SRRC countries and regions, and CE countries and regions that support 5.8G.
The maximum image transmission distance of the FCC aircraft is 4 km in FCC countries and regions, 2.5 km in SRRC countries and regions, and 500 m in CE countries and regions supporting 5.8G.
But please note it is illegal to use the 5.8 GHz band in Japan, Russia, Israel, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan. The app will pop up a disclaimer warning, but the user can still start the motor and take off. But if you keep flying, you may face legal risks.

Hi DJI Mindy, I’m still a little bit confused and appreciate you helping us all understand this better. If I purchase a mavic mini in the USA (so it will be FCC) while I am here on holidays and return to Australia Will the mavic mini range only be 500m?  I appreciate your help with this, thank you.
2019-11-8
Use props
djiuser_2qqJ8nhso95U
lvl.1

Germany

@DJI Mindy

Your technical support gave me a complete different answer. He said he can garantee, that the range of an FCC Version is still the same in an CE country like Germany.
2019-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

astrogirl Posted at 11-8 08:37
Hi DJI Mindy, I’m still a little bit confused and appreciate you helping us all understand this better. If I purchase a mavic mini in the USA (so it will be FCC) while I am here on holidays and return to Australia Will the mavic mini range only be 500m?  I appreciate your help with this, thank you.

Both the USA and Australia use the FCC version, the maximum image transmission distance of the FCC aircraft is 4 km in FCC countries and regions, but please note we do not provide the global warranty, please purchase the drone in your own country for the future warranty service.
2019-11-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_2qqJ8nhso95U Posted at 11-8 10:11
@DJI Mindy

Your technical support gave me a complete different answer. He said he can garantee, that the range of an FCC Version is still the same in an CE country like Germany.

That is not true, the maximum image transmission distance of the FCC aircraft would be 500 m in CE countries and regions supporting 5.8G.
How did you contact our technical support team? Please provide me your contact info so that we can investigate. Thanks.
2019-11-9
Use props
fans6fa4f2f0
lvl.2

Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-9 01:48
That is not true, the maximum image transmission distance of the FCC aircraft would be 500 m in CE countries and regions supporting 5.8G.
How did you contact our technical support team? Please provide me your contact info so that we can investigate. Thanks.

@DJI Mindy

I got the same answer from DJI Sales Support (Kenneth from DJI Support), they told me that if I use an FCC Mavic Mini in CE country (Spain), I would just get a warning message but the same range as in an FCC country.

Could you please clarify? Will the FCC version automatically adjust power downwards in a CE country?
2019-11-9
Use props
marcell1und1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16398 ft
Austria

I contact 4 different DJI Supporter and all of them says to me the FCC Modell have in CE regions the same power like in the US
2019-11-9
Use props
djiuser_2qqJ8nhso95U
lvl.1

Germany

There is no reason cutting down the range in CE countrys. A FCC Version will never fly legally, even with ah a smaller range..
2019-11-9
Use props
fans2c661040
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58809 ft
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 11-4 03:50
Yeah, I totally get that!

I dont think it would be lost at border , it's one of those strange things as its legal to own in eirope just not to fly , just get a sticker made of copy of bottom of europe drone and stick on bottom
2019-11-9
Use props
marcell1und1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16398 ft
Austria

I hope we get a answer
2019-11-10
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now