UK Flyers what are you using to label your drone with your id?
20181 31 2019-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good morning all,
Just passed the UK drone test at https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/

Test is very straightforward, 20 questions multi choice, I passed first time.

What labels are you using (going to use) to affix your Flyer and Operator ID to your drone(s)?

DJI Moderators, could you kindly suggest the best location on a Mavic Air to affix a self adhesive lable that will not cause any overheating / signal interference please?

Thank you,

Chris
2019-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Im wondering about fixing it under the battery, DYNO label probably.
Rules said -

• visible without needing a special tool to remove or open part of your aircraft
  • clear and in block capitals taller than 3mm
  • secure and safe from damage
  • on the main body of the aircraft
  • easy to read when the aircraft is on the ground

2019-11-5
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oops, a search would have been better - this forum already has the answers! https://forum.dji.com/thread-147136-1-1.html
2019-11-5
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-5 01:48
Im wondering about fixing it under the battery, DYNO label probably.
Rules said -

I thought about that, but an official could argue it's not  easy to read on the ground?
There's going to be a few newly / poorly briefed officials around I fear.. the German label which can be affixed to an arm or behind the gimbal - with .... was £7.66 is what I've gone for.
2019-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

ChrisJG Posted at 11-5 01:58
I thought about that, but an official could argue it's not  easy to read on the ground?
There's going to be a few newly / poorly briefed officials around I fear.. the German label which can be affixed to an arm or behind the gimbal - with .... was £7.66 is what I've gone for.

No special tools are needed though to get to the label.  Also when the drone crashes it probably will have lost the battery before the crash or at least will probably loose it after the crash
2019-11-5
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-5 02:15
No special tools are needed though to get to the label.  Also when the drone crashes it probably will have lost the battery before the crash or at least will probably loose it after the crash

True, and the .... invoice has come in, so with postage and a 50p .... surcharge it's come all in at £10.72 GBP, so your dyno label is a cheaper solution, especially as the CAA may be changing the operator code each time.
2019-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

ChrisJG Posted at 11-5 02:42
True, and the .... invoice has come in, so with postage and a 50p .... surcharge it's come all in at £10.72 GBP, so your dyno label is a cheaper solution, especially as the CAA may be changing the operator code each time.

They do warn that the ID may change on renewal.
2019-11-5
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-5 02:44
They do warn that the ID may change on renewal.

Have you seen the FB group for Mavic Air Flyers? Comments such as "third time lucky" when taking the test, and the classic "I'll wait until someone posts a crib sheet with the answers" oh my!
2019-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

ChrisJG Posted at 11-5 03:24
Have you seen the FB group for Mavic Air Flyers? Comments such as "third time lucky" when taking the test, and the classic "I'll wait until someone posts a crib sheet with the answers" oh my!

Lol,  I kept a copy of the questions,  was debating whether to post them or not.  I think not!
2019-11-5
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-5 03:26
Lol,  I kept a copy of the questions,  was debating whether to post them or not.  I think not!

Noo don't.. .although am already seeing folks posting links to their "training apps" FFS, if these folks cannot manage a simple test, they really shouldn't be let loose in the air!
2019-11-5
Use props
jimfrostscot
New
United Kingdom

From the CAA website:

"Your operator ID must be:

visible without needing a special tool to remove or open part of your aircraft
clear and in block capitals taller than 3mm
secure and safe from damage
on the main body of the aircraft
easy to read when the aircraft is on the ground"

From the Drohnen site:

"each line of the font is less than 1 millimeter high and the complete name shorter than 10 millimiters!"
2019-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

jimfrostscot Posted at 11-5 05:09
From the CAA website:

So those german labels are too small then.
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Chris. Thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. In addition I will cascade this thread/information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2019-11-5
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-5 06:04
So those german labels are too small then.

Ah looks that way....theres someone on the FB group who can do them at £3 per pop. So will see.
2019-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ChrisJG Posted at 11-5 13:54
Ah looks that way....theres someone on the FB group who can do them at £3 per pop. So will see.

Thats a shame, were you able to cancel the order?
2019-11-5
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-5 23:05
Thats a shame, were you able to cancel the order?

Morning. No, I didn’t bother. Is not a huge amount of money, and I added my name to their sticker too, so will probably affix behind the gimbal on my Air.
2019-11-5
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

for the US I use a sticker printer (Brother P-Touch)  that produces stickers that don't come off accidentally, but will come off easily and with no residue when initiated.
On the outside I put a sticker with my FAA registration number and a subtitles, "remove battery for details".
Inside the battery compartment are my full details.
Will something like that suffice in the UK? or do they require a metal plate like in Germany?
2019-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 11-6 01:29
for the US I use a sticker printer (Brother P-Touch)  that produces stickers that don't come off accidentally, but will come off easily and with no residue when initiated.
On the outside I put a sticker with my FAA registration number and a subtitles, "remove battery for details".

Those stickers would be fine here as long as the font is 3mm or bigger.
2019-11-6
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think it would suffice, though cannot be inside the battery compartment, has to be visible when on the ground.
2019-11-6
Use props
Nooky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 86106 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Check thouse drone labels here - specially made to meet the UK requirenments - 3mm font size plus an additional line - extremly small and light. With an optional second line for your eMail or Phone or anything else:

regards

2019-11-8
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jimfrostscot Posted at 11-5 05:09
From the CAA website:

So the additionally supplied plate is about 1 cm in height, and looks like this.
Was an unexpected surprise to receive both plates, full marks to https://shop.drohnen.de/en

2019-11-9
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nooky Posted at 11-8 08:21
Check thouse drone labels here - specially made to meet the UK requirenments - 3mm font size plus an additional line - extremly small and light. With an optional second line for your eMail or Phone or anything else:

Mine received today, thank you. Super fast delivery and excellent service. Am very impressed, thank you!
2019-11-9
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-5 08:37
Hello and good day Chris. Thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. In addition I will cascade this thread/information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.

Hello DJI Stephen,
I had hoped that a DJI Representative would have posted on here the ideal place for UK flyers to attach the required ID stickers, but haven't seen anything. I raised a support ticket too, but apart from the auto reply email, haven't had a meaningful reply.
Have attached my plate to the rear of my drone, hope that there are no sensors underneath? Please could you ask your tech guys?
Thank you.
2019-11-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ChrisJG Posted at 11-9 02:47
Hello DJI Stephen,
I had hoped that a DJI Representative would have posted on here the ideal place for UK flyers to attach the required ID stickers, but haven't seen anything. I raised a support ticket too, but apart from the auto reply email, haven't had a meaningful reply.
Have attached my plate to the rear of my drone, hope that there are no sensors underneath? Please could you ask your tech guys?

Thank you for the additional information you have shared with us Chris. I will cascade this information to the designated DJI department for further attention and once I have there reply I will be sending you a message with regards to the details that I have gathered. Thank you.
2019-11-10
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

.... deleted
2019-11-11
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

oimg_GC08343867_CA08345804.jpg
2019-11-11
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

ChrisJG Posted at 11-6 02:05
I think it would suffice, though cannot be inside the battery compartment, has to be visible when on the ground.

What should be visible? surely not ALL my details.
2019-11-19
Use props
drone-labels
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hey Guys,

It is our first post here but we can supply industry-grade polyester labels for all drones at really decent prices. An order contains 2 x labels in your choice of style plus 3 x Battery labels included for £3.99. Plus for you guys, if you use Drone10 at check out it's an extra 10% off at www.drone-labels.co.uk

2019-11-25
Use props
Barrie Woodhouse
New

United Kingdom

Just passed my drone test,  do i get the ID labels through the door by post, or have i got to get the labels made up myself ? Thanx ✌
2019-12-28
Use props
Barrie Woodhouse
New

United Kingdom

Do i need both FLY- ID and OP-ID on my mavic pro can someone please tell me ? Thanx ✌
2020-1-3
Use props
Dronetest.co.uk
New

United Kingdom

This may be of use to you for your weatherproof Operator ID Stickers/Labels., 12 for £4.95 inc postage. DreneTest dot co dot uk
2020-2-28
Use props
fans66c3a935
New

United Kingdom

Hey there, I'm a new drone user, I was looking to get help with this as I've written mine on top of the drone and was wondering if that is allowed and would count?
2-25 14:09
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules