Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[SOLVED] Forum notifications not working (December 2019)
1336 6 2019-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
_danilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275646 ft
Serbia

Hi,

I've stopped received forum notifications (reminders) about new answers for the threads I've participated in. I don't see orange dot on my avatar, up-right in forum header, nor I can see notifications in Reminders sectioin of my profile. Can you give me info why is this happening?

I'm using Mozzila Firefox web browser.

Regards,
Danilo

2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Danilo, for the threads you've participated in, you will not receive the notification if other users don't click Reply directly to your post. This is normal. GTScreenshot_20191106_120135.png
2019-11-5
Use props
_danilo
lvl.4
Serbia

Thanks for answer Mindy. This is not normal at all, but ok if that is how DJI sees the things. On every forum I used so far, you get updates for every answer on every thread you participated in unless you choose not to.

I suggest DJI implements this kind of feature into this forum. On most decent forums, you even get option to follow the thread if the topic is something you want to read about. This way I have to hunt all the threads I'm interested in.

Thanks anyway!
2019-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

_danilo Posted at 11-6 04:30
Thanks for answer Mindy. This is not normal at all, but ok if that is how DJI sees the things. On every forum I used so far, you get updates for every answer on every thread you participated in unless you choose not to.

I suggest DJI implements this kind of feature into this forum. On most decent forums, you even get option to follow the thread if the topic is something you want to read about. This way I have to hunt all the threads I'm interested in.
Hi Danilo, we confirmed with the related team, if you are the owner of the post, you will receive a notification when there is someone participate in; However, if you are not the owner of the post (it means you are a participant to post on other's post), you only can receive a notification when someone else click the "Reply" directly to your post. Thank you.
2019-11-7
Use props
_danilo
lvl.4
Serbia

Thank you for clarification Mindy, now I know exactly how it was designed to work. But, this is not how the forums as this usually behave and I think the team should consider that fact. I started the poll here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1997416 , and even though only few experienced users voted, I think it shows that this kind of feature is really needed and should be considered by team in charge of development for this forum.

Thanks as always
2019-11-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Danilo, I've read your post, really appreciate your suggestion to the development of our forum. However, you may refer to this function: "Favorite".
If you like someone's post and want to follow it or check it later, you can click the "Favorite" to add it to your "Favorite" folder on the personal page, then you can check it from the "Favorite" folder at any time.

Hope this function can help you, thank you so much.
2019-11-8
Use props
_danilo
lvl.4
Serbia

Hi Natalia, thanks and sorry for the late response. Yeah, this can surely be used as a workaround. However, it still does not solve the problem quite well because I still need to click on every "Favorite" and check if there are new responses and also need to scroll the page to find the first unread answer since I've been off. If DJI decides that there should not be notifications implemented, in the end, it would be nice to, at least, mark all Favorites that have new answers with another color and, once clicked, to lead you to the first unread answer.
2019-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules