Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket Extension Rod - Broken Lock
3078 11 2019-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChicagoBuckeye
lvl.1
United States

I purchased the Osmo Pocket Extension Rod as soon as it came out, back in July, just in time to take it with me for a two weeks overseas trip we were taking at the end of the month.  Towards the end of the trip, the plastic locking mechanism that maintains the Osmo Pocket locked on the holder broke.  Not wanting to deal with it upon my return, I put it aside.  About two weeks ago pick it up again and had a chat session with the DJI support team, to see if I can get a spare part for the plastic piece that broke.  To my surprise, the warranty on the extension rod is only 3 months and I was already over by a week when I called for support.  My ask was only to send me the spare part and replace it myself and not looking to send the device back to DJI for a warranty claim.  The only choice given by DJI was to buy a new one!

I know this is on me for waiting to get it serviced, but I am a bit perplexed at the hard stance taken by DJI.  I have purchased Phantoms, Mavic, the older Osmo Mobile and this is my first experience calling for support.  I even asked if I can purchase the plastic part and escalate the request to a manager.  However, I was called back and provided with the same option to buy a new one.

Does anyone know if there is another method to request if this piece is available for purchase from DJI or a third party?  Thanks.

IMG_5420.JPG IMG_5421.JPG
IMG_5422.JPG
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi ChicagoBuckeye, I am sorry to know that your DJI Osmo Pocket Extension Rod was damaged. The best thing I can suggest is to have the said extension rod sent for repair. I have posted a link
( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index ) for you to be able to contact or get in touch with our DJI professional support team that will do their best to assists and provide the best resolution. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-11-5
Use props
ChicagoBuckeye
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-5 15:32
Hi ChicagoBuckeye, I am sorry to know that your DJI Osmo Pocket Extension Rod was damaged. The best thing I can suggest is to have the said extension rod sent for repair. I have posted a link
( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index ) for you to be able to contact or get in touch with our DJI professional support team that will do their best to assists and provide the best resolution. Thank you for your understanding.

I tried the link and there is no option to repair the Extension Rod.  I was also told by DJI support that they don't repair accessories and the only option was to buy a new one.
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ChicagoBuckeye Posted at 11-5 16:05
I tried the link and there is no option to repair the Extension Rod.  I was also told by DJI support that they don't repair accessories and the only option was to buy a new one.

We apologize for the unpleasant experience with our support team, you can send back the device to our repair center for the diagnosis, our team will evaluate the damaged part and help you get it repaired or replaced. Please select Osmo Pocket when filling in the online repair form.
May we have your own email which used to contact our chat and your contact number so that we can investigate? Thank you in advance.
2019-11-6
Use props
ChicagoBuckeye
lvl.1
United States

I want to report back to the board that the DJI support team was able to repair (replace) my Extension Rod free of charge, regardless that the warranty had already expired by a couple of weeks.  Thank you got going above and beyond on serving the customer!!!
2019-12-8
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1213816 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just contacted support for mine... I received it from DJI on August 10th. Used it on a trip to Maui  maybe 6 or so times... Then just pulled it out today to see my latch is ready to break in two. I certainly hope DJI will step up because the latch is clearly under-engineered and fails way too soon! It's too thin and fragile for a latch.

I have a case number to share if needed.

2019-12-14
Use props
djiuser_jAGqsJE8kA5J
New

United States

Mine is ready to broke too. Before it broke, I will stop it to close completely. I think that is the only option that I have
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_NST3SGphMb8n
New
Poland

I wasn't as lucky as ChicagoBuckeye.  The same broken lock issue.
My broken Extension Rod was sent to Germany repair center.
Warranty is still vaild.
I just got repair quotation for total 125 EUR.

New Extension Rod cost arround 70 + shipping
Can somebody react in DJI for this latch issue?.
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_NST3SGphMb8n
New
Poland

djiuser_NST3SGphMb8n Posted at 5-11 04:45
I wasn't as lucky as ChicagoBuckeye.  The same broken lock issue.
My broken Extension Rod was sent to Germany repair center.
Warranty is still vaild.

I've just got invoice from DJI service. Device will not be repaired.

Repair Service Fee

Anzahl: 1
Quantity
Zwischensumme netto: 50.00
Net Price

Gesamtbetragnetto: 50.00
Total Price

Versandkosten
Shipping Cost

Rabatt
Discount

Zwischensumme
Total Net

USt. (19%)
TAX (19%)

Gesamtbetrag  (EUR)
Total ( EUR )

Hope You know how much is for brand new.
2020-5-22
Use props
Rahul K
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67884 ft
Canada

djiuser_NST3SGphMb8n Posted at 5-22 02:24
I've just got invoice from DJI service. Device will not be repaired.

Repair Service Fee

Hi,

I have the same issue, my DJI extension rod's lock is broken?

Did you get it repaired or were you able to find the part online anywhere?

It seems like a simple lock and if i can get the sematic I could get it 3D printer.

2020-10-24
Use props
fans9146c529
New
  • >>>
Denmark

I have same issue....just used it a few times???
Just send a. spare part!
2020-11-4
Use props
Marcos BF
lvl.1
Brazil

Olá amigos!
Estou falando do Brasil, usando o Google Tradutor...
Estou com o mesmo problema com a quebra dessa pecinha que trava o Osmo Pocket. A diferença é que no meu caso quebrou em outro lugar.
Como eu conseguiria uma nova peça para me consertar?
a.jpg
b.jpg
c.jpg
d.jpg
2022-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules