DatCon and CSVView process error issue
1564 1 2019-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ArkLade
lvl.2
United States

Currently using Mavic 2 Pro with a fully updated version (yes we all have been through with this firmware issue = downloading DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic worked)

I am trying to use DatCon, ExtractDJI, and CSVview.My goal is to extract GPS location of the drone video in PC viewable formats such as cvs or txt.
This is because I only have videos for my research, no still images (images with GPS coordinates).

Below are the steps that I am using.
Please correct me if I am doing anything wrong.

1. Use "DJI Assistant 2" - "Log export" to download DAT file to my PC (windows)
2. Use "Extract DJI" the original DAT file (I am assuming since this is compressed DAT file)
   *If I use the original DAT file on"DatCon" directly, it gives me an error: XXX.DAT is not an acceptable .DAT file becuase Created by DJI Assistant 2
3. From the extraction, I get 3 different DAT files such as DFLY021, FLY017, GIMBAL021 (what are the differences?)
4. Use these 3 DAT files on "DatCon" to produce CSV files, which failed.
   * Every time I run, it gives me Error: CRC Error Ratio was 100.00%
5. Then I try it on "CSVView" and of course it gives me more errors: Internal Error: Can't create the .csv or Internal Error

So I am pretty much lost here.
Please pull me out from this sinkhole.
2019-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you turn on video captions a text file is created with the video that contains time and locations and can be used to subtitle the video with location, speed etc.
2019-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules