Ronin SC random gimble hard pan issue
957 6 2019-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve NC
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi DJI Forum. Got a Ronin SC gimble issue!
Successfully set up gimble with balance testing excellent on all x3 axes. Fine tuned as well.

Set out on first excursion with Ronin SC and Lumix GH5/f2 12-60mm (+ camera hotshoe-mounted Rode Video mic Pro). GH5 Wifi/Bluetooth connection to (Ronin-mounted) iPhone for monitor. Shooting night time, fast-moving, walking torch-lit procession along roadway.

All went well for first 15mins or so, then Gimble panned hard to right - tried to compensate with joystick, but lost control completely.

Powered down. Powered up again. Continued with gimble operating smoothly. 10mins later - same issue happened again - gimble swung hard to right.

Still following/shooting fast-moving procession, so no time to re-set or check gimble balance, so contuned shooting with gimble locked off.

Tried once more later on, but same issue happened for third time.

Can anyone advise what went wrong please?

Thanks. Steve NC.
2019-11-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Steve, could you please take a video to show us the problem? We'd like to help you check it. Thanks.
2019-11-6
Use props
Steve NC
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-6 22:15
Hi Steve, could you please take a video to show us the problem? We'd like to help you check it. Thanks.

Hi Natalia. Not sure how to do that, as hard to predict! Someone would have to be videoing me the whole time - whilst I'm shooting! Some Footage I shot might show the whip pan to right - if I can find and extract.

Btw - I didn't have the Ronin camera lead connected as got message that couldn't use WiFi at same time. Was controlling GH5 camera from iPhone/Panasonic App mounted on Ronin SC stem (not mounted directly on GH5 camera - to save weight on gimble). iPhone was connected to GH5 via WiFi + Bluetooth.

Please see attached pics to show set up:

2019-11-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Steve NC Posted at 11-7 05:04
Hi Natalia. Not sure how to do that, as hard to predict! Someone would have to be videoing me the whole time - whilst I'm shooting! Some Footage I shot might show the whip pan to right - if I can find and extract.

Btw - I didn't have the Ronin camera lead connected as got message that couldn't use WiFi at same time. Was controlling GH5 camera from iPhone/Panasonic App mounted on Ronin SC stem (not mounted directly on GH5 camera - to save weight on gimble). iPhone was connected to GH5 via WiFi + Bluetooth.

Hi Steve, sorry for the late response, I've forward it to the proper team for a check. If there is an update, I'll let you know. Thanks.
2019-11-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Steve NC Posted at 11-7 05:04

Btw - I didn't have the Ronin camera lead connected as got message that couldn't use WiFi at same time. Was controlling GH5 camera from iPhone/Panasonic App mounted on Ronin SC stem (not mounted directly on GH5 camera - to save weight on gimble). iPhone was connected to GH5 via WiFi + Bluetooth.

Hi Steve, sorry for the inconvenience. Your issue has been forwarded to the proper team and checked, you are recommended to provide a video and the motor parameters for better analysis?  Thank you.
2019-11-11
Use props
Steve NC
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Natalia. Here is a link to part of my footage which shows Ronin SC whip pan to right (near to end of clip) :

WBS march footage 05.11.19

I didn't set any custom parameters in the Ronin SC App. See x2 grabs attached (settings shown were result of Balance Test/Auto Tune.) ...

Please advise.
2019-11-14
Use props
Steve NC
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Don't think the link worked in last post above... again:

https://www.maatfilms.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/WBS_MarchTrimmed_Nov5_2019.mp4
2019-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules