Moving
780 12 2019-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
elomax
lvl.2
Canada

When I point the video to a subject (even if it is a static subject like banking machine) the following happens.My gimbal with the cellphone moves very very slowly in a horizontal panning motion it is very slow, but noticeable, after 5 seconds it usually stops and stay fixed.

Can anybody tell me what's going on and how to stop it?

Thank you!

2019-11-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Elomax, I am sorry for the trouble that your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 has caused. When you are encountering this issue are you getting an error message? I would recommend trying to calibrate your Gimbal and if issue still persists. Please try to use a different compatible device if available. Please keep us posted for further troubleshooting. Thank you.
2019-11-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Are you using the tracking feature?  This will tend to make the area you have selected move to the centre of the frame.  That might be what you are describing.
2019-11-6
Use props
elomax
lvl.2
Canada

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-6 13:23
Are you using the tracking feature?  This will tend to make the area you have selected move to the centre of the frame.  That might be what you are describing.

I though int his direction, but it seems to be doing it regardless of the tracking feature that I use - it does the same with Follow, Tilt Locked, and FPV.

Now, I don't actually shoot with Osmo app, I attach my Smasung s10 to  Osmo 3 and then launch Samsung camera app that has many more options.
2019-11-6
Use props
elomax
lvl.2
Canada

elomax Posted at 11-6 17:52
I though int his direction, but it seems to be doing it regardless of the tracking feature that I use - it does the same with Follow, Tilt Locked, and FPV.

Now, I don't actually shoot with Osmo app, I attach my Smasung s10 to  Osmo 3 and then launch Samsung camera app that has many more options.

Is there a way to disable the tracking? (I'm just surprised it is doing it even in Samsung app)
2019-11-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Tracking is different from gimbal modes - and it only works with the Mimo app when you draw a rectangle on the screen to identify something you want to track.  Next question is, are you sure the phone is correctly balanced in two directions?  Also, the nature of the gimbal is to smooth out movements, so when you pan then stop the hand movement, the phone will not stop dead but gradually come to rest.
2019-11-6
Use props
elomax
lvl.2
Canada

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-6 18:14
Tracking is different from gimbal modes - and it only works with the Mimo app when you draw a rectangle on the screen to identify something you want to track.  Next question is, are you sure the phone is correctly balanced in two directions?  Also, the nature of the gimbal is to smooth out movements, so when you pan then stop the hand movement, the phone will not stop dead but gradually come to rest.

Thanks!

"The next question is, are you sure the phone is correctly balanced in two directions?  "
--- hm, how would I make sure it is balanced?
--- I also tend to move it a little bit off-center to the left to give more space to the ultra-wide-angle camera on Samsung - otherwise, parts of gimbal can actually be seen in the video.

2019-11-6
Use props
elomax
lvl.2
Canada

elomax Posted at 11-6 18:18
Thanks!

"The next question is, are you sure the phone is correctly balanced in two directions?  "

Sorry, the dorum works strangely, it limits my editing time to 2 minutes, so I have to amend with more information.

"Also, the nature of the gimbal is to smooth out movements, so when you pan then stop the hand movement, the phone will not stop dead but gradually come to rest."
--- Does this mean that if I stop/release the joystick after a panning motion it is natural for gimbal to continue a very slow movement in the same direction for 4-5 seconds before the complete stop?
2019-11-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

shows how to balance the phone - I suspect incorrect balance is the cause of your problem.
2019-11-7
Use props
elomax
lvl.2
Canada

If I understand the video correctly all balancing should be done when osmo is turned off.
When i do as shown in the video, I can balance my S10 horizontally, When I turn it to vertical position I can adjust it so it stnds ok vertically, but when turn it back to horizontal - it is not balanced.
I was never able to bring it to the situation when it is in between like this
https://imgur.com/a/xTxCWhb

I'm quite shure I follow the insructions, is there something wrong with my gimbal?
2019-11-7
Use props
elomax
lvl.2
Canada

elomax Posted at 11-7 15:39
If I understand the video correctly all balancing should be done when osmo is turned off.
When i do as shown in the video, I can balance my S10 horizontally, When I turn it to vertical position I can adjust it so it stnds ok vertically, but when turn it back to horizontal - it is not balanced.
I was never able to bring it to the situation when it is in between like this

Can anybody reply please?
2019-11-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Yes, it should be off when balancing.  When you hold the tilt motor and the phone is in the middle of the jaws, it should be balanced, unless your phone is significantly heavier at one end than the other.  Then, without moving it within the jaws, make sure that it balanced when turned vertically.  If you look around that back of the jaws you should be able to see whether it is in the middle - you are centering the phone holder on its arm.  Changing the balance vertically will not change the balance horizontally unless you have moved the phone in the jaws.  
2019-11-9
Use props
SafariMan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

elomax Posted at 11-9 08:16
Can anybody reply please?

Yes. Balance your phone horizontally then vertically and then turn on the gimbal. It should then stabilize in the vertical position.
2019-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules