Drone Registration
1231 8 2019-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Just to be clear I'm doing this right, I am flying my drone(s) for recreational purposes only... no Part 107.   I get a registration number from the FAA.  

1)  That number is my registration number and not necessarily the drone's.  
2)  I can use that one number for and on all my drones...each drone does not need it's own individual number.
3)  I don't have to register each drone individually.
4)  If I buy a new drone, I don't have to register it as long as I already have an FAA registration number.
5)  If I buy a Mavic Mini as my first and only drone, I don't have to register it with the FAA because it's less than 250 grams.

Please answer yes or no to a specific numbered statement.  Don't guess...reply only if you're positive.  Thanks!!!

2019-11-6
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
United States

Drone Registration

Just to be clear I'm doing this right, I am flying my drone(s) for  recreational purposes only... no Part 107.   I get a registration number  from the FAA.  

1)  That number is my registration number and not necessarily the drone's.  
2)  I can use that one number for and on all my drones...each drone does not need it's own individual number.
3)  I don't have to register each drone individually.
4)  If I buy a new drone, I don't have to register it as long as I already have an FAA registration number.
5)  If I buy a Mavic Mini as my first and only drone, I don't have to register it with the FAA because it's less than 250 grams.

Please answer yes or no to a specific numbered statement.  Don't guess...reply only if you're positive.  Thanks!!!
2019-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

You should go to the FAA - https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/register_drone/
2019-11-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

The FAA has all the information - https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/register_drone/
2019-11-7
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1. Correct. You are registered.
2. Correct, as per point 1.
3. Same question as 2. Correct. As per point 1.
4. Same question again. Correct As per point 1
5. Correct if you don't want to fly commercially (no 107) as per your opening statement.

None of this is guesswork on my part; I've registered with the FAA and checked up directly with the FAA and got a response back confirming the Mavic Mini.
Happy Flying!  

Ian

2019-11-7
Use props
dansmar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Yes to all questions, but check it out yourself at the faa website.

Don’t forget faa registered or not you should check the faa app ‘B4ufly’ as this will alert you to any flying restrictions etc..
2019-11-7
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
United States

Ian in London Posted at 11-7 01:15
1. Correct. You are registered.
2. Correct, as per point 1.
3. Same question as 2. Correct. As per point 1.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts.
2019-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Surely, our valued DJI members would provide the information that you may need. Thank you for continued support!
2019-11-7
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Yes for # 5 for sure (for the time being!)
2019-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules