News about the app crashes etc from DJI
1334 9 2019-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I have to say that really I shouldn't have to pass on this news second hand, but I've just seen this on the FB group, with a photo of a bank of phones under test -

"Paul Pan This  is one set of Android phones going through testing. We have been  looking at logs from various regional offices around the world as well.  We've been doing tests trying to find a pattern and finally we were able  to replicate the problem at our head R&D  office a couple days ago. What's been puzzling is the 2 Samsung phones  where we can reproduce this problem didn't have any problems for an  entire week and then suddenly a couple of days ago, one of them started  to exhibit the problem our customers have been experiencing. Then  suddenly yesterday, another one popped up. Right now, we're still trying  to home in on the root cause. This is the latest update I can provide."

And then -

"Paul Pan We think we've found the problem. We're going through internal testing now."

What will be fascinating will be if they eventually give us some kind of explanation as to what went wrong.  To be fair to DJI, all things considered it seems to be something pretty weird.

2019-11-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi all, DJI has identified a recent issue affecting some customers using the Mimo App for Osmo Mobile 3 on several Android systems.
DJI is currently finalizing an update to the Mimo app which will resolve this issue. Periodically, devices and software require automatic updates. A recent automatic update to a security feature has affected the operation of the Mimo app for some customers using Android. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and in the meantime, please use the native camera app or another 3rd party app. Thank you for your continued support.
2019-11-7
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

There will be an official statement coming. The problem should be fixed but will require an update to the app which is currently going through internal testing.
2019-11-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks.  I'm sure everyone here will be glad that progress is being made, and will be equally glad that someone from DJI has been straightforward and informative about this now.  
2019-11-7
Use props
nostromito
lvl.2
Spain

At last!

An official communication, even if it was through another channel, and not here where the users have exposed the problem.

I'm happy about it and for the moment I'm going to paralyze the return of my Osmo, waiting for an update to correct the problem.

Thank you for the information "fansfe82067d".

Greetings!
2019-11-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good news!
2019-11-7
Use props
Brian Folan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81119 ft
Ireland

Thanks for the bit of hope Paul!
2019-11-7
Use props
ans0600
lvl.1
Australia

Could you share the facebook group link? Thanks
2019-11-7
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

ans0600 Posted at 11-7 14:08
Could you share the facebook group link? Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/groups/369020433995401/
2019-11-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Latest comment from DJI in a thread here was one stating that the problem seemed due to an Android security update - presumably being installed after the current version of Mimo was issued - and that a fixed app is in testing.  That actually seems like a pretty likely explanation.  However, that post seems to have disappeared from here, and most of the relevant threads have been edited by DJI in the last hour or so.  So either the problem wasn't actually that, or they are playing their cards closer to their chest, which is a pity, as I think a fair bit of the adverse comment here would have been avoided if there had been better customer liaison.
2019-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules