Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FPV Goggles / Air Unit - no Audio...
123Next >
32335 93 2019-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dr_jon3s
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Just connectged headphones to the headphone jack on the DJI fpv Goggles (conencted ot DJI air unit) on my new build and discovered there is absolutely no audio being transmitted. Also note there appears to be no volume controllas far as I can tell - is the audio feature totally missing / non functional or am I missing something?

Appreciate any help on this! Flying with no audio sucks!
2019-11-7
Use props
5zero7rc
lvl.4

United States

You are correct.  I too was disappointed that the goggles didn't play the live audio from the air unit while I fly.  I think that could be really nice given the digital nature of the system.  I will continue to pester DJI to add this feature every chance I get.  

The only time there is audio coming from that headphone jack is if you record on the air unit, take the sd card out and place it in the goggles, and then play back that recording.
2019-11-7
Use props
dr_jon3s
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Got it - thanks for confirming - that's really bad news, I had absolutely assumed since there was the headphone jack then there would be a live audio available.

I've long considered live audio a fundamental feature for flying FPV and without it the level of immersion is way less.

It not being there seems a huge oversight on DJIs side - Hints that they don't fully understand their whole target audience.

Lets hope this get implemented, and soon!
2019-11-8
Use props
djiuser_vH7s0hTBqU8E
New

United States

I was about to drop some coin on the system for myself, as I'm building a Tower Hobbies Sport GP which I plan on rigging for FPV and I want to be able to hear my engine through the FPV system so I can identify engine problems before they cause a crash(That and enjoy the hearty thrum of the engine). The 720p picture is amazing but if I can't hear the engine from on-board the plane I might just stick with my analog setups.
2019-12-29
Use props
albertocvr.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 933681 ft
Spain

Bad news ,
DJI , ¡ whe need real time audio feedback !
2019-12-29
Use props
keenidea
New

United States

I purchased the DJI FPV System Fly More Combo on sale in December from RMRC, and then returned it for a full refund without even opening the box when I learned there is no real-time audio transmitted from the Air Unit to the goggles.  No audio is a no go for me.  Considering all of the analog systems currently on the market for years that either had microphones built into the cameras or the transmitters and were easily able to transmit the audio to ground-station receivers or receiver modules in goggles, we all assumed that the cutting edge DJI digital FPV system would offer that basic audio functionality as well.  High def video with zero audio?....SERIOUSLY ???  Perhaps digital audio would take up too much precious bandwidth and cut into the already marginal high def video... only 720p which often requires a handicap (a.k.a. "focus mode") when used under less than optimal conditions.  But the inclusion of the audio output jack on the goggle was the ultimate deception.  And no mention anywhere on the DJI product page or the DJI literature/manual even hinted that there was no real-time audio despite the audio out jack on the goggle and the obvious expectations everyone had.  Felt like DJI duped me, so I sent the system back hoping to send a message they would understand...zero audio means zero sale.
2020-2-6
Use props
F.P.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1715059 ft

France

C'mon DJI, it's a highly requested feature. The air unit has a mic, the goggles have a headphone jack, you can do it!! I'd love to buy the system buy am hesitant as well because audio feedback while flying is a must!
2020-2-7
Use props
ChrisFPV
New

Germany

+1 Real Time Audio
2020-2-7
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

ChrisFPV Posted at 2-7 12:52
+1 Real Time Audio

yep, realtime audio is a must have
2020-2-7
Use props
djiuser_YLQtyBmTIV31
New

Brazil

Same here.  The no audio support its a bummer for me.  
2020-2-15
Use props
Palmer_inc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24790 ft

Austria

Add Real time Audio
2020-2-19
Use props
djiuser_bXU91VVpTjDr
lvl.1

United States

keenidea Posted at 2-6 22:37
I purchased the DJI FPV System Fly More Combo on sale in December from RMRC, and then returned it for a full refund without even opening the box when I learned there is no real-time audio transmitted from the Air Unit to the goggles.  No audio is a no go for me.  Considering all of the analog systems currently on the market for years that either had microphones built into the cameras or the transmitters and were easily able to transmit the audio to ground-station receivers or receiver modules in goggles, we all assumed that the cutting edge DJI digital FPV system would offer that basic audio functionality as well.  High def video with zero audio?....SERIOUSLY ???  Perhaps digital audio would take up too much precious bandwidth and cut into the already marginal high def video... only 720p which often requires a handicap (a.k.a. "focus mode") when used under less than optimal conditions.  But the inclusion of the audio output jack on the goggle was the ultimate deception.  And no mention anywhere on the DJI product page or the DJI literature/manual even hinted that there was no real-time audio despite the audio out jack on the goggle and the obvious expectations everyone had.  Felt like DJI duped me, so I sent the system back hoping to send a message they would understand...zero audio means zero sale.

You’re saving a lot of headache, my system is problem after problem, first goggles had faulty power jack caused power loss, then a month and two flight boards to get batt volts on osd, and now random failsafes dropping it to the ground costing battery,and the skipping recording issue,so now I fly close and hope, I started rebuilding my analog qwad☹️
2020-2-24
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_bXU91VVpTjDr Posted at 2-24 09:49
You’re saving a lot of headache, my system is problem after problem, first goggles had faulty power jack caused power loss, then a month and two flight boards to get batt volts on osd, and now random failsafes dropping it to the ground costing battery,and the skipping recording issue,so now I fly close and hope, I started rebuilding my analog qwad☹️

yes, DJI...pilots must have the option of monitoring motor audio when the quad is out of normal hearing range!
2020-2-27
Use props
MeuhDaCow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 612782 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

+1 Real Time Audio Plz DJI...
2020-3-2
Use props
fansa67f28f3
lvl.4
United States

DJI, please don't for get us scale flyers who really want to hear our engines to complete the immersive experience!
2020-3-2
Use props
djiuser_B5qrsFpmo0Ln
New

United States

I would really like audio transmission integrated, it is pretty awkward flying without being able to hear the drone especially when you fly away from yourself.
2020-3-3
Use props
fansaa7b0cc1
New

United States

5zero7rc Posted at 2019-11-7 17:56
You are correct.  I too was disappointed that the goggles didn't play the live audio from the air unit while I fly.  I think that could be really nice given the digital nature of the system.  I will continue to pester DJI to add this feature every chance I get.  

The only time there is audio coming from that headphone jack is if you record on the air unit, take the sd card out and place it in the goggles, and then play back that recording.

I hope they are considering this . REALLY MISS IT ... that's the only thing missing.
2020-3-8
Use props
fansaa7b0cc1
New

United States

fansaa7b0cc1 Posted at 3-8 05:11
I hope they are considering this . REALLY MISS IT ... that's the only thing missing.

You think they would after reading all this . I would love to have audio , but most certainly not a deal breaker. But I think it would be a fairly easy fix since it does record audio from what I under stand I just run card in goggles . Tho. MR DJI. Can you. PLEASE BRING SOUND TO OUR EARS??? AS WE FLY THROUGH YOUR DJI DIGITAL WORLD
2020-3-8
Use props
BoaFPV
lvl.1

United States

Yet another vote from me for audio. The only reason I signed up on the forums is to voice my concern that the unit has a mic, headphone jack, and a company full of talented software engineers but can't figure out what us FPV pilots really want in a video system. I will be holding off on purchasing a dji setup until this is fixed!!
2020-3-15
Use props
ElCorboLoco
New
Flight distance : 35226 ft

United States

Yes, please. Audio!
2020-3-17
Use props
Gurusi
lvl.2

Canada

Just purchased a unit. PLEASE work on a update to add on board audio. it would make the experience sooooo much better and complete.
2020-3-27
Use props
djiuser_0HKlXRuqmtMD
New

United States

djiuser_bXU91VVpTjDr Posted at 2-24 09:49
You’re saving a lot of headache, my system is problem after problem, first goggles had faulty power jack caused power loss, then a month and two flight boards to get batt volts on osd, and now random failsafes dropping it to the ground costing battery,and the skipping recording issue,so now I fly close and hope, I started rebuilding my analog qwad☹️

Sounds like ya built it wrong. Never had issues like that with dji or caddix vista
2020-4-6
Use props
fansa67f28f3
lvl.4
United States

Yes, please! Very disappointing that there is no feedback sound! DJI missing the boat here!  
2020-4-10
Use props
fansc2e18f8d
New

Norway

Could it be a legally issue? Not allowed to record audio or something? I guess the prop sound would be significantly dominant in the record anyway, so I should not be the case. WHY didn’t Dji make this happen yet? Or did I miss something?
2020-4-15
Use props
arnasnn
lvl.3

Lithuania

I very much agree, live audio should be a priority...
2020-4-16
Use props
dr_jon3s
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I see this is *not* listed as an upcoming feature in the next firmware update (presumably v01.00.06.00) - however 50mbps is.

Just speculating, but I wonder if this increase in bitrate might give the additional capability for the much needed audio steam in some future update...
2020-4-16
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansc2e18f8d Posted at 4-15 02:29
Could it be a legally issue? Not allowed to record audio or something? I guess the prop sound would be significantly dominant in the record anyway, so I should not be the case. WHY didn’t Dji make this happen yet? Or did I miss something?

The recordings on the air unit have audio. It’s more likely that DJI did not want to use bandwidth on audio or risk adding more latency. Hope if this is added that it is an option and not always on. The goggles are capable of playing audio though. I have tested with files that contain audio.
2020-4-18
Use props
DungFlinger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 309462 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please add live Audio.  MAy have to switch back to fatsharks
2020-4-29
Use props
mbarcus
lvl.1

United States

Another vote for real time audio.
2020-4-30
Use props
morbitgmx.ch
lvl.1
  • >>>
Switzerland

Yes please, absolutely
2020-5-5
Use props
Avolate
lvl.2

United States

I would really like to buy the DJI FPV system but not having live audio is a dealbreaker for me.   I am waiting for them to add audio before I buy in.

I live in Michigan and for half of the year the weather is snowy and I still fly during the winter from inside my house.    Flying from inside your house blocks all the motor noise and when I am flying in the backyard I cant hear my quad if I dont have audio sent to my headset.

Instant motor feedback makes me a better pilot and its more immersive.    I enjoy flying more with Audio and I dont want to give it up.

2020-5-5
Use props
diaz.maneshotmail.com
New
Mexico

Its really disappointing . I thik dji is keeping audio away because the latence of the video. It wouldn't be synced.
2020-5-8
Use props
RolandFPV
lvl.1

Romania

PLS make the real time audio, i wanna hear the motors-props! Its basic!
2020-5-11
Use props
McDaniel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 263737 ft
Switzerland

+1 please add real time audio.
2020-5-17
Use props
SneakFPV
lvl.1

Netherlands

+1 please add real time audio
2020-5-22
Use props
Peter FPV
lvl.1

United States

DJI has definitely very smart engineers, however sometimes I wonder what makes smart people do stupid things. DJI FPV sound or lack of it is an absolute deal breaker.  I have not even seen any confirmation that this feature will be added at some time in the future. Secondly, the Air unit - why the hell the top cover has such a long lip in the back that dislodges antennas from their seats?! That is not rocket science! Thirdly, my quad disarms mid flight plunging to the ground for no reason and I don't want to hear "you assembled it wrong" . I'm electrical engineer and been working in electronics field for almost 50 years (which don't mean crap) but it drives me nuts when my super duper goggles don't even record any OSD for analysis.
C'mon DJI let's get this fixed. Just because I love my Mavic 2 Pro does not mean you get to screw up on FPV stuff.  
Let's recap:
1) Got to hear my motors - no ands ifs or buts  
2) Got to record OSD in goggles - otherwise recording from goggles is useless
3) Fix the stupid overhang on back of air unit  
4) I'm still diagnosing why it drops to the ground so will get back to you on that.

Other than that video is amazing (before it starts pixelating and looking like crap)

Regards
Peter

2020-5-27
Use props
fansa67f28f3
lvl.4
United States

Please fix the no audio feedback problem in the next update! You will make a lot of people happy
2020-6-3
Use props
fans606264b4
New

United States

diaz.maneshotmail.com Posted at 5-8 04:33
Its really disappointing . I thik dji is keeping audio away because the latence of the video. It wouldn't be synced.

Simple ... add latency adjustment to the audio so it is in sync.
2020-6-26
Use props
fans606264b4
New

United States

Waiting on my DJI combo to appear and was researching how to add audio to the quad but it seems we cannot "stream" audio from the built-in mic.  Is it possible to add a 3rd party mic, does this even exist, and stream it to the DJI goggles?
2020-6-26
Use props
djiuser_wWce4dtHY2Gr
lvl.1

Spain

DITTO - I was very surprised to realize there was no live audio after buying the live HD goggles. Clearly DJI does not understand their niche audience. This ain't goggles for the Mavic Pro.
2020-7-2
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules